eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 16th, 2015, 06:37 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is virtual World affecting our brain ?

My general rule is that if a messages says 'Share this with all your friends', it is bound to be a hoax. One such was a message from a cousin having the audio of Swami Vivekananda's "Brothers and Sisters of America speech". It met with a lot of 's when i decided to just google for 'Swami Vivekananda voice' and the top results which came out indicated this was a hoax. So, burst this bubble too. The sender is a pdha likha prof. So, he thanked me and said that he had relayed the message back and did his own research on what exactly the audio was about.

Why i love EC and the anonymity - another cousin keeps copying and pasting long articles on FB. i gave an EC type of response "What nonsense it this. Do you you actually believe in all this you copy and paste". Now, in the non anonymous world, the guy got offended and wanted to chat with me. i was busy doing some bar hopping, so said 'We will chat later- for now, i will delete that post'.
Old June 16th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Itís hard to predict or say in many cases,.. when the spam/myth/fake news is not very obvious,.. I have even seen the sites like Snopes and urban legend having different opinions about the validity of many subjects whether itís true or false! Akhbaars have also made tons of mistakes in the past, TOI had even had many false and humbug, fake news and myths many times on their net-sites, and have repaired afterwards. That giant skeleton of gatorgach ( Bhimaís son ) kind of fake news, even few akhbaars had printed it officially in their papers,Ö Elvisís death rumors and many such endless myth list - even akhbaars at that time, were trapped in it,.. Those colorful pic of earth-rise which was shown on the moon, by Apollo 11 are also fake, as at that time was not even color camera when Neil Armstrong was there and image was morphed, sugar-coated and photo-finished a lot in that scene, afterwards,.. Most of the images of say, stars, galaxies, Godís eye, Nebulas, gateway of India,, India gate , Taj mahal and even akshardhaam temples also remains half wrong and hence fake,.. and a way exaggerated for many of its light, color and surroundings with tress which are not even there in the existence or never were!

List goes on,. And itís very hard to predict many a times the validity and solidity of a subject-matter now a days ! Net is vomiting tons of fake any myths and slogans of great men which they never even quoted,. And just to let ya know, when Gandhi had even died he had never spoken Hey ram three times,. But those words were put in his mouth afterwards for fake publicity,.. and sympathy,.. etc. Radio had even started playing sad music after Big Bís news when he was deadly injured and later was found, he is not dead yet,..

So, thatís how the world is ! We need the media for knowing the news and photos but which way itís twisted and turned, and spices been added of what, where and how, it still remains a mystery, many a times. When I was kid, even the radio had delivered the news that JP has died and our school had even declared the holidays, later was found he was a different Jai prakash,.. I can go and onÖ

Just to blame and claim of oneís false-trapped, does not make anyone smarter. Now a days even TOI and IE news papers quote lies, fake and myths, 10s of times a month. Media even repair their news afterwards, tweeter even replaces the news spoken earlier, and everyone is just handicapped in this ocean about which source to rely and which not !
A while ago, ď share this religious picture to 10 others ď and such a way by shaam, daam, dand and bhed, the spammers were collecting the tons of real e-mails addresses, of people, for their junk-mail spending business, and I saw tons of my friends been caught fool in those traps,.. Ė e.g. thisís a mata raniís photo from real ambaaji temple which is rare and hard to get so send it to other 10s of other relatives and mata rani will do good of you ď and the guy inserts his own e-mail under CC, and within a day, he collects 10000s of correct e-mails of people to send for his other junk ad Ėe-mails !

Old August 27th, 2015, 01:11 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

i am certainly not posting anything on any of these forums including sikh philosophy . all i am doing is that i am copy/pasting my movie reviews onto these forums . other than movie reviews my contribution to these forums is practically nothing .

once i write a movie review on one forum , how much time it takes to copy/paste the same review onto a dozen more forums ?? 10 minutes ??
Old August 27th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post

Did he get banned again ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old August 27th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Did he get banned again ?
Temporary ban
Old August 27th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Temporary ban
Which was the post that banned him ? I need some entertainment on this Thursday afternoon.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:55 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

PM sure has a good grip on such social media maniacs.
Modiji tweets on declassifying netaji papers.
I navigate to his link. It mostly has story on why the declassification was done and about the national archive. My question- "where are the declassified papers." i find the link somewhere. Many relate to Anita Bose's birth registration and so on. i find an interesting link on 'Correspondence with USSR' dated 1990. When i click on the link http://www.netajipapers.gov.in/conte...amos-pol125190, it shows 'oops no results were found'

Most of the replies to the tweet are jumping on it, but only one out of some 200 replies seems to have actually seen the link and declared nothing substantial has been found.
Here is the tweet.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 08:06 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
PM sure has a good grip on such social media maniacs.
Modiji tweets on declassifying netaji papers.
I navigate to his link. It mostly has story on why the declassification was done and about the national archive. My question- "where are the declassified papers." i find the link somewhere. Many relate to Anita Bose's birth registration and so on. i find an interesting link on 'Correspondence with USSR' dated 1990. When i click on the link http://www.netajipapers.gov.in/conte...amos-pol125190, it shows 'oops no results were found'

Most of the replies to the tweet are jumping on it, but only one out of some 200 replies seems to have actually seen the link and declared nothing substantial has been found.
Here is the tweet.
Saar,Indian Govt website !!!! so dont expect links to work without editing the links
The files are here http://www.netajipapers.gov.in/
Old January 23rd, 2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Saar,Indian Govt website !!!! so dont expect links to work without editing the links
The files are here http://www.netajipapers.gov.in/
Et tu Swamius - That is a high level link. The one that is missing shows up on navigating this link.