eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old February 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
Job Interview

So I had a phone interview today for a reputable company . The interview wasn't how I expected but I think it was positive enough .

I wanted to write a thank you note . But I dont want to sound cocky . Kisiko kuch idea hai kya . Any inputs
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Job Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
So I had a phone interview today for a reputable company . The interview wasn't how I expected but I think it was positive enough .

I wanted to write a thank you note . But I dont want to sound cocky . Kisiko kuch idea hai kya . Any inputs

All I can say is Good luck for the job.
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I dont think a phone interview obliges you to write a thank you email.
If you really want to, perhaps you can drop in a quick line saying in the lines of, "Thank you for taking time; looking forward to hearing from you"...something like that.
Old February 11th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is this a phone interview or a phone screen? Meaning, is the result of the phone call a job offer or an invitation for an in-person interview?

If phone screen, just a quick note to HR and the person you spoke to - thanks for taking the time to talk to me. Look forward to meeting with you in person if given the opportunity.

If phone interview, then a full blown thank you note with a recap of the interview highlitghting areas where the company would benefit from hiring you. Send it to all the people on the phone call, if more than one, and copy HR.
Old February 11th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Look at what smelly has said above.
If you had a phone interview, then you should write a thank you letter.
Some sample letters are in the link
Link 1, Link 2

Old February 11th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Banned / Unbanned

guruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond reputeguruji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
If phone interview, then a full blown thank you note with a recap of the interview highlitghting areas where the company would benefit from hiring you. Send it to all the people on the phone call, if more than one, and copy HR.
YEEEEAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dont stop even if you get a restraining order. These are tough times man... go for the kill....stalk 'em if you want to...dont give up till you get the job. Its job or jail brother...get your mean face on...keep my signature in mind.....

(ok...i'll calm myself down) Peace and good luck.

If you cant dazzle them with brilliance ..baffle them with bullshit
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:17 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

If I was the potential employer, I would be bloody irritated by such "thank you" notes. A reminder a few days later is ok, but not a thank you note. We had the interview and you weren't the only one and I made my notes and if I need any more info I'll revert to you, and I don't need you honey-tongueing me.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I firmly believe that only the hustlers come rushing in, the good ones hold their horses and take their time, but if and when they come in, it is with more commitment.

PS : That Honey Tongue thing found me a great poem.. do look it over .. http://shinigami-sidhe.blogspot.com/...t-of-gall.html
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old February 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
The interview wasn't how I expected but I think it was positive

I wanted to write a thank you note

RaniRaja
writes sense ... first time in 14 years ... so I have no choice but to agree with him. Just cause he is nonsensical 99% of the times doesn't mean we do not encourage him to speak sense rest of the times. Let's all join hands to support him this one time.

Jaispeakbhai ... It really depends on how many candidates company had to interview ... times are tough ... 21 Dec 2012 is fast approaching. You shouldn't write any thank you notes if they had several calls to make. Yes, okay if you were in last and final interview phase.

All men have fears and you are not an exception. But brave must always put down their fears and go forward to write emails. Write an email if you must ... I suggest you find an excuse. Think of something you forgot to mention inadvertententely or interviewer missed. All you need is an excuse ... think of one additional BS qualification which will fit company like x-small size condoms to 500 million Indian male worshipers of cricket players and SRK.

Good luck.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, if you must write a thank you note, make it just that, a simple one line thank you note :
Dear Sir,

I thank you for the telephonic interview on ______ (date) at _____ (time) for the post of ______________.

I look forward to hearing from you in this regard.

Thanking you,

That's it. Nothing more. You write the flowery language as given in the website, it's like sucking up (unnecessary and probably irritating). If you try to put forward your case again, it's like re-writing your application and bio-data wherein you have already mentioned your area(s) of expertise, so any additional mention is unnecessary and irritating (am I blind / deaf or what? Do you think I didn't get the first time ??). Any mention of additional qualifications and the impression is "how could you forget to mention this in your bio-data. If that's the way you forget things about your bio-data, just imagine what all you would forget on the job.. better forget about the job too".

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Ok, if you must write a thank you note, make it just that, a simple one line thank you note :
Dear Sir,

I thank you for the telephonic interview on ______ (date) at _____ (time) for the post of ______________.

I look forward to hearing from you in this regard.

Thanking you,

That's it. Nothing more. You write the flowery language as given in the website, it's like sucking up (unnecessary and probably irritating). If you try to put forward your case again, it's like re-writing your application and bio-data wherein you have already mentioned your area(s) of expertise, so any additional mention is unnecessary and irritating (am I blind / deaf or what? Do you think I didn't get the first time ??). Any mention of additional qualifications and the impression is "how could you forget to mention this in your bio-data. If that's the way you forget things about your bio-data, just imagine what all you would forget on the job.. better forget about the job too".
Arre bhai, literature review bhi karte ho kya? Aur ek write-up edit karna hai.

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:51 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Arre bhai, literature review bhi karte ho kya? Aur ek write-up edit karna hai.
Really? If you are serious, PM me. Content writing is a major thing with me.

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? If you are serious, PM me. Content writing is a major thing with me.
naah kidding... thanks for the offer though.

Old February 12th, 2011, 08:07 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
naah kidding... thanks for the offer though.
Abe ghabrata kyon hai? Paise thode na maang raha hu tere se.. thoda bahut to dosti me bhi ho jaata hai yaar

Old February 12th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Clown Prince

Quote:
Abe ghabrata kyon hai? Paise thode na maang raha hu tere se.. thoda bahut to dosti me bhi ho jaata hai yaar
aisa kono baat nahin hai... jab apne karna hai to apne karna hai... ka bolte hain ki you gotta do what you gotta do. Aur raat bhi to kaatni hoti hai.

Old February 11th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Banned

prajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant future

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9929

Job Interviews: Bizarre Questions and How to Answer them?
post bizarre job interview questions and lets try to break the code!

Quote:
these are all qs i have been asked before

1) why should i not hire you? (you read that correctly)
2) why should i hire the person next to you?
3) where do you see yourself in the near future (i answered this honestly and lost a job offer i wanted a job they dont offer in 5 years time)
4) if you have 7 ball and a weight you can only use it twice but one ball is heavier than the others? how will you do that?
5) how much does a high speed rail line from sydney to melbourne cost?
6) if a dying person a doctor and taxi driver are on a highway but the taxi has only 1 seat left what would you do?
7) what do you hate? do you dislike anything about the job?
8) have you ever talked bad about a company?
9) in 30 seconds and no calculator explain and calculate what 15% of 15 is?
10) have you ever had a hard to work with team member and how did you deal with that?
11) have you ever hated a team member/boss in a group
12) how much does it cost to paint a plane?
13) if a sick person, your best friend and your lover were stuck in a desert and you have a car with one seat what would you do ? (the answer is different to 6)
14) if you had to multi task what strategies would do you do to ensure it gets done?
15) if you had too much work to do what would you do to ensure it all gets done?

Ok, let's give it a try.

1) why should i not hire you? (you read that correctly)
I would gabble some bullshit like because I'm too perfectionist and that sometimes slows me down and stuff. I wouldn't use the word "perfectionist" because that obviously stinks of bullshit, but something along those lines.

2) why should i hire the person next to you?
Invalid question at the moment since there's no one next to me.

3) where do you see yourself in the near future (i answered this honestly and lost a job offer i wanted a job they dont offer in 5 years time)
If I don't plan on working at that company for too long or if I don't think I can attain the position I want at that company, I would just tell them that I don't know their promotion policy and company structure and therefore I can't answer that.

4) if you have 7 ball and a weight you can only use it twice but one ball is heavier than the others? how will you do that?
What? Why would I use any of them?

5) how much does a high speed rail line from sydney to melbourne cost?
There is HSR in Australia? Didn't know that. Probably no less than $60 AUD.

6) if a dying person a doctor and taxi driver are on a highway but the taxi has only 1 seat left what would you do?
I would ditch the taxi driver and drive the car myself.

7) what do you hate? do you dislike anything about the job?
I would just say some vague shit like "the stress".

8) have you ever talked bad about a company?
Again, bullshit time. By "a company", they are obviously asking about a company I previously worked for, so I would say that "I wouldn't work at a company I would talk bad about. Obviously I did criticize them every now and then, but talking bad would be a wrong choice of words."

9) in 30 seconds and no calculator explain and calculate what 15% of 15 is?

10) have you ever had a hard to work with team member and how did you deal with that?
"I did and I discussed my problems with him/her and we settled it". Obviously bullshit, again. Nobody ever settles a problem with a colleague by simply talking to them.

11) have you ever hated a team member/boss in a group
"Hate is a strong word, but I did dislike some of my colleagues before."

12) how much does it cost to paint a plane?
$40,000?

13) if a sick person, your best friend and your lover were stuck in a desert and you have a car with one seat what would you do ? (the answer is different to 6)
Just one seat? I would drive around to find some help.

14) if you had to multi task what strategies would do you do to ensure it gets done?
I would first prioritize my tasks in order of importance and then I would organize my tasks in the most repetitive and least time/ energy consuming way possible.

15) if you had too much work to do what would you do to ensure it all gets done?
Same as above.

This was discussed earlier,.... http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...t=44438&page=4

Last edited by prajapati; February 11th, 2017 at 08:30 PM.