eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old July 29th, 2009, 09:40 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weekend dillemma - What to watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
@9:30 in the morning? OR If you are on EST...10:30 am?

Aish hai aap kee tow..!
are abhi bole to current - abhi abbhi nahi! kal raat ko thodi dekhi aaj puri hogi

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old July 29th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
i think she said 'in parts' means 20 minutes tonight, 21 tomorrow night, 18 minutes the day after..... but

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg View Post
are abhi bole to current - abhi abbhi nahi! kal raat ko thodi dekhi aaj puri hogi

Quote:
little off topic -- do you still have that nurse teddy bear
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:35 PM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what nurse teddy bear ?

Old July 29th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg View Post
what nurse teddy bear ?

never mind
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:38 PM
IDLE Treasurer

Quote:
never mind

Old July 29th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post
awesome movie i am in love with kate winslet!

me gon watch Taken this weekend
Taken is standard masala thriller. But watch it. Good timepass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Reader is on my list too...
Gonna watch Ice Age this weekend...
Anyone watched 'state of play' here?? how was it?
I saw State of Play, and its a political-investigative-journalism thriller. Watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp View Post
It was crap! Completely destroyed the Terminator series!
For me Arnold was Terminator. Period. Dont care for this new one.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Okay folks, I know we have a review of Sankat City already and also Short Kut, but there is no choice.

As a movie addict, I need to watch something. In the afternoon I saw a very good Marathi movie, very realistic and political and emotional. "Tya ratri paus hota" (It was raining that night). Its a good movie about emotions, family and politics. Check it out on www.apalimarathi.com
Cha I have seen these kind of political movies ... Is there any reality to the fact that the women folks who become politicians get exploited like that ... This heroine is one of the heroines that we look upto as being a normal woman ... I am half way through the and I am not sure I want to watch the remaining half where she is going to get exploited ...
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
Cha I have seen these kind of political movies ... Is there any reality to the fact that the women folks who become politicians get exploited like that ... This heroine is one of the heroines that we look upto as being a normal woman ... I am half way through the and I am not sure I want to watch the remaining half where she is going to get exploited ...
Watch it... If you really look up politicians up close you will find how they think that women workers in the party are their own property.

Long ago, there was a cabal of women, operating out of Mantralay in Mumbai. A Marathi weekly magazine called 'Sri' exposed the whole scandal. These women were all 'party workers' and if you had any work to be done from any particular minister, you approached them. They would be the go to agents to pass on money to the minister and send 'young party worker women' to the ministers to 'learn about party work'.

Yes watch the movie.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:54 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Watch it... If you really look up politicians up close you will find how they think that women workers in the party are their own property.

Long ago, there was a cabal of women, operating out of Mantralay in Mumbai. A Marathi weekly magazine called 'Sri' exposed the whole scandal. These women were all 'party workers' and if you had any work to be done from any particular minister, you approached them. They would be the go to agents to pass on money to the minister and send 'young party worker women' to the ministers to 'learn about party work'.

Yes watch the movie.
Wonder how Atal Bihari Vajpayee remained Brhmacharya and yet was able to enjoy a sexual life ... he did claim that he is unmarried but not a brhmacharya ... and in that same vien Mr. Yuvraj is the most powerful person in India ... How is he able to keep his dick in his pants without the press getting a whiff about it ...

the movie has made me sad and angry ...:
Old August 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
The songs are good and too deep ... I never knew marathi could have that much of a impact ... I always used to watch the funny marathi movies from Laxmikant Berdekar and Ashok Saraf ... this movie brings out the best of Marathi Cinema and that too from young budding actors... very powerful acting ...

Last edited by landyaBhai; August 2nd, 2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:50 AM
IDLE Treasurer

i didnt like Reader. Too slow . too boring.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

saw Taken..was ok..

and saw Heroes bakwaas
Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
The songs are good and too deep ... I never knew marathi could have that much of a impact ... I always used to watch the funny marathi movies from Laxmikant Berdekar and Ashok Saraf ... this movie brings out the best of Marathi Cinema and that too from young budding actors... very powerful acting ...
There are many good Marathi films which dont follow the comedy formula.

Earlier it was mainly village and rural based movies with 'tamasha' as the theme in the movies. Those movies handled social issues of those times. Later people wanted something new and Mahesh Kothari was instrumental in getting comedy into the mainstream with Ashok Saraf and Laxmikant Berde.

Today there are many movies which are really good without the usual comedy element. Check out one more 'Sari var Sari' which means 'rain shower after rain shower'. It is really good.

One more movie I can recommend, which is concerned with the youth today, is 'Saathchya Aaat Gharat' which means 'Home by 7PM'. Its really nice. It has some characters speaking Hindi too. You will like it.

Check www.apalimarathi.com for all these movies.
Old August 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

transformer (the first part i guess) too much bullshit on screen plus those frikking things look 2 dimensional cartoony - they don't seem have any meat in them - all hail the megatron assole - waste of time
Old August 4th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

First movie was good because the special effects were something new - vehicles changing into robots and back. Story was also interesting. Have not seen the sequel, but if they are going to just continue some saga about who the megatrons are and what not, then its boring. I mean I am not interested.