eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old January 29th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rang De Basanti is not just a Film

Saw the movie this evening. Simply fantastic. Yeah me neither LG.

I dont want to add much to what everyone else is saying here. Just check it out.
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this tonite . Good movie worth a deko in theater once.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old February 6th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

Saw it over the weekend, big screen: Here are some pro's and con's

TO AVOID ANY POTENTIAL SPOILERS, DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=================================

PRO'S
Great Music
HILLARIOUS!
Excellent Direction
Excellent Acting
Strong Plot, not another Run-of-the-mill movie

CONS
Terrible Haircut of Madhavan and Aamir - Madhavan hardly looked like a chaprasi, let alone an airforce pilot (he was fat!!)

Showing Indian Habitat Center as Delhi Univ was kinda cheesy but I guess they wanted to show some nice pretty places

Movie was made a lil masala with the whole fiasco of 'namecalling' by politicians after the departure of a character.....no politician finger has fingerpointed a soldier and says its the soldiers fault. So I guess that had to be added to bring out a point of sorts but not very accurate.

The idea of taking law in your own hands....won't have positive impact on our country with the goal of cleansing things....but overall idea of someone taking initiative is an awesome thought.

=============
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Super eCharchan

Soorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond reputeSoorma Bhopali has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Rang De Basanti is not just a Film

I saw it last weekend in Spiceworld mall in Noida ..overall a good movie but a little too heavy for me ..people who are looking for light hearted & fun , give it a miss unless you are going out with a gang of friends for this movie ..it had it's moments like the 'Masti ki Paathshala' song .

Good performances by Aamir & the firang girl ...great support by the rest of Amair's gang in the film including Soha ..

Overall view , unless you like good serious movies ; it is recommnended to watch it on DVD/VCD ..
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorma Bhopali
I saw it last weekend in Spiceworld mall in Noida ..overall a good movie but a little too heavy for me ..people who are looking for light hearted & fun , give it a miss unless you are going out with a gang of friends for this movie ..it had it's moments like the 'Masti ki Paathshala' song .

Good performances by Aamir & the firang girl ...great support by the rest of Amair's gang in the film including Soha ..

Overall view , unless you like good serious movies ; it is recommnended to watch it on DVD/VCD ..
I am also not for heavy films..If it is too much thought provoking then I will better stay at home and drink some....
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

I happened to see this film on the last Saturday. All of us friends wanted to watch this one from the day it was released.. Finally after everyone's free time could match.. and tickets were available.. we got to see the film! My brother had already watched the movie so I kind of had an idea of how the film might be.. because we was continuously raving about Amir Khan's acting skills.. the Story.. The Direction et al. Basically, he was totally influenced by the film.

So, we entered the theatre. The film began. From the first moment onwards.. the film manages to grip the audiences' attention! Splendid acting performances by Amir Khan, Atul Kulkarni and Sharman Joshi (whos comic timing is emmaculate, by the way!)

The first half is full of humour.. fun.. carefree nature of the lead characters! However the second half takes kind of a serious turn.. The Direction here is fantastic. It really makes you feel for the characters.. The transformation they go through.. is shown superbly.

All in all.. I would consider it the Best movie since Lagaan!

My rating : ****1/2 on 5.
Old February 7th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

I forgot to give due credit to the firang babe....I think she did an AWESOME job......she acted better than half the babes in hollywood....
Old July 7th, 2015, 07:29 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this movie for the 4th time on TV two days back---but this time on HD channel on 50 inch LED TV . So the experience was really good .

Ashdoc's movie review---Rang de basanti ( Colour this spring ) 2006

'Mohe Rang de basanti' was a poem sung by some of the most heroic fighters who laid their lives in India's struggle for independence against British rule . It means ' Lets us give colour to this spring with the colour of sacrifice ' .

In Britain one young woman named Sue is struck by the diary written by her ancestor , who was a British officer involved in suppressing the uprising against the British rule in India and had seen the deaths of the Indian heroes at first hand . She is particularly engrossed by one line in the diary , which says that her ancestor had seen two types of people dying---those who died without saying anything , and those who died begging for their lives ; but the Indian revolutionaries had died a third type of death---smiling and laughing without a care in the world . Sue is so interested in researching the lives of these young revolutionaries that she learns Indian language hindi and contacts an Indian young woman ( Soha Ali Khan ) and flies down to India to film a documentary on the revolutionaries .

But it is not easy to find actors for the roles in the documentary until Sue chances upon Soha's group of friends---who are led by a guy named DJ ( Amir Khan ) .These happy go lucky characters who live life without a care in the world and are always horsing about and dancing and having rowdy fun seem to be the ideal people to play the roles of revolutionaries who had died with laughter in their eyes and a smile upon their lips...

At first the filming of the documentary is not easy as the group finds it difficult to bring on the seriousness to their roles because they are fun loving rowdy guys and like to take life easy . But gradually as the filming progresses the group realises the depth of the sacrifice of the original freedom fighters and begin to fit their roles . Sue sees before her own eyes the transformation of a group of carefree individuals getting inspired by the freedom struggle of a bygone era and sinking neatly in their roles . And the roles change their carefree outlook towards life ; they begin to become modern day revolutionaries , but since the British have long left , they are without a cause...

But where their are rebels , their is a cause....and a cause does come along .
Already the young men have begun debating as to what has changed since the country's independence happened ; and the answer is nothing---the British have been replaced by corrupt rulers who do nothing for the country but are busy filling their own pockets with money . But a dramatic twist occurs in their lives as Soha's boyfriend Madhavan who is an ace fighter pilot in the Indian air force is killed in an air crash .The plane in which he was flying was made by faulty parts bought by a corrupt defence minister who bought cheap bad quality spare parts while pocketing most of the money meant to buy good quality spare parts .

But the government declares Madhavan to be a bad pilot who flew irresponsibly thus tarnishing his good name ; it tries to hide the true culprits behind Madhavan's death because they form part of the government . When Madhavan's friends and his girlfriend Soha and his mother and our young group try to organize candle light marches in protest , the government sends heavily armed police who brutally beat the group and send Madhavan's mother to almost her death by the injuries sustained . What the government does not know is that they have handed the young rebels ( who were hanging without a cause until now ) a real cause for revolution....

The young new era revolutionaries inspired by the roles of the British era revolutionaries they have played in Sue's documentary now decide to assassinate the corrupt defence minister who was responsible for death of their fighter pilot friend . But after they succeed in assassinating him , the government which cannot track the killers claims that the defence minister was killed by terrorists and declares him a great hero who died fighting against terrorism !!

It is clear that even if the young men decide to surrender before the police to let the common man know the truth , the government will suppress it by dispatching them without the trial where they can accuse the government . So the young men decide to take an extraordinary step ; they decide to storm they national radio station ( All India radio ) with weapons and take over it and declare the truth on live radio---how the government is responsible for deaths of fighter pilots by buying cheap quality fighter jet parts and why the young group has assassinated the defence minister because he was such a crook . They would like to start a revolution against the Indian government....

So does the plan succeed ?? Or is it too ambitious ??
Watch the movie for the answers....

The movie is embellished with top quality acting and fabulous photography and heroic scenes....what more can one want....??
Want ?? What I wanted was to pick a gun in my hand and join the revolution !! Finish off the corrupt and crooked people in the government who are draining the lifeblood of my nation....Bring a new era of justice !!
I watched with tears brimming in my eyes as the cruel government sent troops armed with the most modern weapons to kill my heroes who had stormed the radio station and declared the truth before an astonished and stunned and outraged public....
But it was too late for the villains who ran the government ; even as my heroes were dying tragic deaths ( but with a smile on their lips and laughter in their eyes , just like Sue's ancestor had described in his diary ) the public was in the mood for revolution....
The colour of this coming spring was one of sacrifice , and the sacrifice of these heroes not going to go in vain !!

Verdict---Awesomely inspiring .
Nothing less than a five star rating....
Old July 7th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

One moment of truth touch me from movie more than any other. Paraphrasing since I haven't watch the movie again. I only have 15 inch laptop yaar and one more screen for dual monitor. that too not apple.

Yahan log mainnu pehchande hai, bolte hain dijjay me kuchh baat hai, par mainnu pata hai bahar ki duniya me hazzaro dijjay pis chuke hai

Last edited by punkaj; July 7th, 2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old July 7th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

The gori in movie did barbaad acting, don't look good also. Apne Amir ke takkar ki nahi thi.

I was hoping of good things from director, did he direct any such gems thereafter?
Old July 7th, 2015, 07:50 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaj View Post
I was hoping of good things from director, did he direct any such gems thereafter?
bhaag milkha bhaag .

but films like delhi 6 and some scenes in RDB that showed hindu nationalists in bad light also show that he was affected by the bollywood keeda of secularism and pro muslim sympathies . or maybe everyone has to toe dawood's line in order to survive in bollywood . whatever....
Old July 7th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
bhaag milkha bhaag .

but films like delhi 6 and some scenes in RDB that showed hindu nationalists in bad light also show that he was affected by the bollywood keeda of secularism..
I like the milkha biopic even tho I'm no fan of his, very rude and super inflated ego, not even an iota of humbleness.

Hindu fugga chaddi brigade easy targets and movie does well in Pakistan, Bangla, Afghan, Saudi, even Turkey they like some Indian movie but with Arab looking hero like Amir, Salman (Khan). Like in south movie they show Singh character as villain.
Old July 8th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaj View Post

Hindu fugga chaddi brigade easy targets and movie does well in Pakistan, Bangla, Afghan, Saudi, even Turkey they like some Indian movie but with Arab looking hero like Amir, Salman (Khan). Like in south movie they show Singh character as villain.
who watches Bollywood movies in those countries? must be Indians or urdu understanding people.
Old July 8th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
who watches Bollywood movies in those countries? must be Indians or urdu understanding people.
No yaar they are watching, my university have many arabs, palestininian, turkish students. They love Indian movies, know most heroines and Khans heroes.

What is there to understand by language anyway, boy meets girl, whistles, shows biceps and gives rose, girl gives tight slap, boy is encouraged. They fall in love, go to Europe mainly Switzerland, parents find out, they are business enemies, you know how it goes. Same in every movie.
Old July 8th, 2015, 06:53 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
some scenes in RDB that showed hindu nationalists in bad light also show that he was affected by the bollywood keeda of secularism and pro muslim sympathies . or maybe everyone has to toe dawood's line in order to survive in bollywood . whatever....

I thought the movie was a Congress Propaganda film targeted at BJP.

i saw it with one guy who was big AK fan and one peaceful guy. The peaceful guy and me were not so impressed by this particularly the one where they shoot the defence minister (you cant just walk in and shoot - they could have come up with something better). i did like the gori girl though (for a change without imagining all that i could do with her. i mean found her cute). She is the daughter of the last English Governor or Hong Kong Chris Patten. And till then one thing i like about AK was that unlike Hakla, he did give some space to other actors like Siddharth in this case and Mukesh Tiwari in Mangal Pandey.

It had been in Netflix for long and still may be there. i watched the title song occasionally. BTW, if you notice carefully the big wrestler in that song in Giant Khali.