eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sarkaar - Ram Gopal Verma, Amitabh and Abhishekh really deserve success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
Saw this movie last weekend... great movie... excellent acting. Only problem with the movie was its loud music... at times overriding any dialogues (but then, this problem is with all indian movies... why do they have music at a higher level than normal dialogues ).

Edit: Echari pai, the 2 southies you talk about, one is Anant Jog... who plays the police commissioner (corrupt or not is not shown in the movie)... he is a marathi actor... so, not south indian (unless you consider Maharashtra in south India) . The other is Kota Shrinivas Rao... have seen him in a couple of telugu movies... he was totally hilarious in "Money Money"... very funny guy.
I am talking of thw swamiji who played a corrupt commissioner in Ab Tak Chappan. I know who Anant Jog is.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I am talking of thw swamiji who played a corrupt commissioner in Ab Tak Chappan. I know who Anant Jog is.
oh... that guy... sorry... yeah, terrific acting in Sarkar... what eyes... haven't seen Ab Tak Chappan... but will do now, since you say the same actor is there too... I believe his name is Jeeva (from the titles in the movie) and I believe I have seen him in some other movie... just cannot forget his eyes... the beard around him in this movie sort of makes it hard to recognize him from another movie

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Over the 4th of July weekend I saw two movies. Let me review the first one as I really liked it and Ram Gopal Verma deserves success.

Sarkaar - starring Amitabh and Abhishekh Bacchan.

The opening credits clearly state - "Many directors worldwide have been influenced by The Godfather and this is my tribute to that inspriation - Ram Gopal Verma"

The moment you see this you know the movie is about The Godfather. Then apprehension sets in that RGV must have made a totally melodramatic Hindi masala film with songs and dance. You wish you had not come for the film.

The credits are over and you are hooked on from the first scene.

The opening and most of the story line is totally from the original Godfather, but I must commend Amitabh, Abhishekh and Ram Gopal Verma (RGV) for doing a superb job.

There are no extra and unwanted dialogues, there is no gory violence but the implied violence is quite chilling, there are no songs in the movie and there is no excess emotional melodrama. The villians look real and dont dress up funny with stupid facial makeup like 'bad man' whats-his-name used to wear.

There are two South Indian actors in this movie - One is the commissioner of police from Ab Tak Chappan who is shown to be corrupt. The second is seen for the first time in Hindi and his character is called "Silver Mani". This guy is hilarious. His line - "Style total South, but Operation total North" is quite funny.

Amitabh has really done a great job. No loud gestures, no overly melodramatic dialogs. Abhishekh, silent and understated, says much more than he could have had he been made to be the typical - "Kutten main tera khoon pi jaunga" types.

The editing is brilliant and you dont realise when you reached the intermission. You dont get time to think about too many things as things move real fast. Those who loved The Godfather are in for a treat as RGV gives this a desi 'tadka' and it is really good.

Folks, its a 2 hour film. I suggest you go and watch it.

My rating 4 out of 5 stars - One star missing because I wished RGV had shown closure to one more famous scene from the original about Michael Corleone and the police commissioner. Remember it??
Which was the second movie you saw ?
Old February 16th, 2017, 11:53 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Which was the second movie you saw ?
swami... 10 - 12 saal baad pooch raha hain!! Abhi yaad nahi ...
Old February 17th, 2017, 03:16 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

I waited all these years thinking you will review the second movie also. Today I lost patience and reminded you