eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old October 10th, 2018, 10:14 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's movie review---Andhadhun

The hindi language word 'Andhadhun' means running amok , but to me it had another meaning---'andha' means blind and 'dhun' means tune , so to me it meant 'tune of a blind man' . For the leading actor plays some delectable piano tunes , and piano music is the high point of this movie . Ayushmann Khurana plays Akash , who is a pianist by profession and pretends to the world that he is blind but actually is not completely blind .

One day Akash comes into contact with the sexy young Sophie ( Radhika Apte ) and soon they are in a physical relationship . Sophie wears exposing clothes on her slim svelte body that give you the hots .

But one day Akash is invited by a retired actor named Pramod Sinha ( Anil Dhawan ) to play piano in his house as wedding anniversary surprise for his wife Simi ( Tabu ) . But after he enters the house and settles down to play piano , he sees a murdered body....

From here on starts the thriller part of the movie that was going smoothly until now , in fact so smoothly that I wish it had remained that way without the murder or the thriller part coming at all . For once the thriller unfolds , there are way too many twists and turns and in the end they seem to be too much .

The movie does keep you wondering what will happen next , and includes many characters like a crooked doctor ( played by Zakir Hussain ) , a crooked police officer ( Manav Vij ) , and a pesky neighbourhood kid who is forever testing whether Akash is really blind or not .

What I liked was the songs and the background music , and that kept me interested . Photography is decent and so are the colours . Acting is good by everyone .

Tabu is the second half of her forties , but she still looks desirable with well rounded curves and cleavage and I found her competing with the younger Radhika Apte and winning the competition in my mind at least .

So the movie has some ingredients of a good watchable movie , but meanders into too many twists that leaves you a bit exasperated .

Verdict---Decent .

Three stars out of five .
Old October 10th, 2018, 10:26 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Andhadhun

Old October 10th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Andhadhun

Good.. your review was quite succinct and to the point .... though I prefer the short form.. but good attempt at getting to the point.

My take without seeing it
  • Pianist pretends to be blind
  • Meets a hot girl
  • Goes for a private gig
  • Finds murdered body
  • Next? go watch the movie
Old October 10th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Good.. your review was quite succinct and to the point .... though I prefer the short form.. but good attempt at getting to the point.

My take without seeing it
  • Pianist pretends to be blind
  • Meets a hot girl
  • Goes for a private gig
  • Finds murdered body
  • Next? go watch the movie
And you think with this review, people will really want to go watch the movie

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old October 10th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I will go reading just two lines

pretends to be blind
finds murdered body....
Old October 10th, 2018, 01:50 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
ashdoc long for reviews are for you ... for me its the short form.
Old October 12th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I will go reading just two lines

pretends to be blind
finds murdered body....
I thought you meant first two lines. I would see it just for the second line

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old October 12th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
ashdoc long for reviews are for you ... for me its the short form.
The problem for me is, I pretty much have too much time on my hands... and tend to watch all sorts of movies. If I go by your review, I will not be able to go for quality. Aisa bhi bahut dekhta hoon, at least by Ashbhuke pai's reviews, I can strive for quality

Old October 12th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Not as good as Johnny Gaddar or Badlapur but better than Loveyatri or Sui Dhaaga.

I liked Pataaka more than this movie.
Old October 13th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
Not as good as Johnny Gaddar or Badlapur but better than Loveyatri or Sui Dhaaga.

I liked Pataaka more than this movie.
All these movies that you mentioned are thrillers?
Even Pataaka?
Old October 16th, 2018, 12:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Badlapur and Johnny Gaddar are thrillers directed.by the same guy.
Sui Dhaaga is a chutiya drama.
Loveyatri is a fatichar love story.

Pataaka is a movie of 2 sisters who hate each other from childhood Extreme Sibling Rivalry. In the end it is extended to India and Pak. Ignore the last few mins of bhaichara and universal brotherhood. The movie is pure entertainment full of swearing, gaandmasti, in a village among its simpletons.