eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 31st, 2017, 09:40 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whatsapp woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
You post them in EC or whichever forum allows you to
Posting on EC will invite a ban forever
Old April 6th, 2017, 08:32 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if this is genuine, lots of people forwarding this pic off late.

Old September 23rd, 2017, 06:55 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Another irritating thing is the slideshow videos. They take 5 minutes to display text which can be read in half a minute.
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:19 AM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

The part I do not understand,.....is...

Google is now for last 20 years and in image.google com,.... for any dev-devi's picture needed,.. you can see 1000s in just one second,... why they circulate some totally unnecessary..... wasting time, money energy, data, battery and space and what not !

Same with many of the YT video clips, God's stuti clips, ( unless smthg new and self clicked ) which are all on YT for years,.. also for those " suvaachyaas / Motivations" - they are on google in lakhs, if used proper search words,.... and all have seen them for 20 years, unless some special they found needs to be pointed out,.... !

90 percent jokes n' info. are so rubbish and nthg new in it,....and even 50+ yrs of matured pl circulate such suprabhat and motivational slogans,. which are in millions on google at one click of search,...
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:06 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

How many believe in motivational quotes and stories attributed to Vivekananda, Abdul Jalam, Ratan Tata. Etc.
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:40 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
How many believe in motivational quotes and stories attributed to Vivekananda, Abdul Jalam, Ratan Tata. Etc.
I recall like 12-13 years back, there was this audio clip circulated in emails of Vivekananda's speech in Chicago.. that must have been the first time I was fooled online.. and it continues in one form or another.
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I recall like 12-13 years back, there was this audio clip circulated in emails of Vivekananda's speech in Chicago.. that must have been the first time I was fooled online.. and it continues in one form or another.
Funny, I was curious just a few days ago and looked for "Vivekananda speech" on YouTube and found it. I left it with the intention to come back as it was fairly long, ~40 mins or so. Is that a hoax?

Sent from my iPhone.
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Funny, I was curious just a few days ago and looked for "Vivekananda speech" on YouTube and found it. I left it with the intention to come back as it was fairly long, ~40 mins or so. Is that a hoax?
yep it's fake, sounds genuine though with scratchy recording and Bong accent. Ramakrishna Mission (official Vivekananda organization) concluded after research that no recording was done of Vivekananda's famous speech.

Here's the link to the first time it was posted online .. credits some Subir Ghosh.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; October 11th, 2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
yep it's fake, sounds genuine though with scratchy recording and Bong accent.

Here's the link to the first time it was posted online .. credits some Subir Ghosh.
Great! I'm glad I didn't waste my 40 mins

Sent from my iPhone.
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Great! I'm glad I didn't waste my 40 mins
It's a good resource if you don't wanna read the whole speech.. I'll give it that, at least. I downloaded once and played in the car few times during commute.
Old November 10th, 2017, 04:04 AM

Funny spoof on wild WhatsApp forwards-

Hello Everyone. 11th November will be my last day in India... I will be relocating to Australia on 12th November and will be away for over three years. I will miss everyone so much, please pray for me. I know that this will surprise many of you, such short notice. It has been great knowing each one of you. Do keep in touch. Forward to all who know me. That is what I have also done. I have just forwarded as received and I don't know who is going to Australia!