eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old October 22nd, 2001, 10:47 AM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
Two Sikhs attacked in Seattle suburbs

SEATTLE: Two Sikhs were attacked in the suburbs around Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, apparently in the mistaken belief that they are Muslims, authorities said.

Sikh men, who grow beards and wear turbans, are sometimes mistaken for Muslims. Since the terrorist attacks, a number of Sikhs have been assaulted, and a Sikh gasoline station owner in Arizona was killed.

Karnail Kail Singh, who does not wear a beard or turban, said that he was on the telephone about 8 a.m. on Sunday when an assailant entered the lobby, shouted "You still here? Go to Allah!" and knocked him unconscious with two blows from a wood and metal cane. He required nine stitches in his head.

"I'm scared. There's no security," said Kail Singh, 47, a US citizen from India who owns the SeaTac Crest Motor Inn.

A man was arrested nearby and jailed for investigation of second-degree assault and may be charged with malicious harassment, a felony carrying tougher penalties, sheriff's deputies said.

The other victim, 23-year-old Rubinder Singh, was crossing the street about 8 p.m. Saturday when he was hit in the face from behind and knocked to the ground. He refused medical attention. "It's just because of my skin color that they hit me," he said.

Police said a witness reported hearing a boy of about 14 say, "I'm going to bomb on him," shortly before the attack.

Mark Twain
Old October 22nd, 2001, 10:49 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Poor sikhs.. saala india me problem ho, afganistan me problem ho chahe cuba me problem ho.. GpeL inko padti hai.. bichare.. tch tch..
Old October 22nd, 2001, 11:44 AM
Wannabe Mogambo

kameena is on a distinguished road
Last week my roomie's friend was attacked( that too in cosmopolitan Redmond). What the hell is happening to Seattle.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 02:40 PM
AssMan

Fei is on a distinguished road
hehe..i konw the problem with seattle

Seattle is famous for their grunge (angry) music bands

bands like Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam have come out of them....

and if you keep listening to these bands you will get angry and depressed over something...rather quickly..

believe me it happened to me while listening to Superunknown by Soundgarden
Old October 22nd, 2001, 09:27 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
So Fooski, do you listen to these bands and visit echarcha thereafter or simultaneously?
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old October 22nd, 2001, 09:47 PM
*deleted*

siffar is on a distinguished road
what a pity, an average American is so narrow minded.
world super power, world policeman, the great great nation!

like i said in an earlier thread, it is time to educate average American to differentiate between Terrorist and a common Sikh/Muslim who has nothing to do with Terrorists in Afghanistan. Americans acuse other nations of hate crimes and do the same.

time to wake up American people.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 09:51 PM
*deleted*

siffar is on a distinguished road
Talking to eNRI

one thing is missing..
Opinion of eNRI, the ~great~ american citizen..
awainting your reaction to this incident--> eNRI
Old October 22nd, 2001, 11:18 PM
Junior eCharchan

MadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond reputeMadrasiBabu has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: to eNRI

Quote:
Originally posted by siffar
one thing is missing..
Opinion of eNRI, the ~great~ american citizen..
awainting your reaction to this incident--> eNRI
What can this eNRI say? After all he is a second class citizen of this so called great country fighting a BOGUS war on terrorism.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 11:42 PM
Banned

karuna is on a distinguished road
Outward religious symbols

The sick turban has been a bone of contention for a long time in legal matters. Sikhs have been legally fighting for their 'right' to keep beard and turban in military and other uniformed services. Now these 'sacred', 'religious(?)' mandatory signs are proving a liability.

Now is the time for a 'civilised' people to give up all outward and visible manifestations of religion and keep religion inside their respective houses.
Old October 23rd, 2001, 02:50 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
Yeah a space should be RESERVED for it....what all this bloody..... outside bringing in OPEN
Old October 23rd, 2001, 02:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Re: Outward religious symbols

Quote:
Originally posted by karuna
The sick turban has been a bone of contention for a long time in legal matters. Sikhs have been legally fighting for their 'right' to keep beard and turban in military and other uniformed services. Now these 'sacred', 'religious(?)' mandatory signs are proving a liability.

Now is the time for a 'civilised' people to give up all outward and visible manifestations of religion and keep religion inside their respective houses.
I tend to agree with you because of my unreligiousness, however it would be difficult to convince a religious person. Try telling a traditional Hindu woman not to wear a bindi or mangalsutra. It will shock her and she'd prefer to be attacked rather than remove her mangalsutra. I suppose it is the same for religious Muslim women who would rather not go out than go out without covering their hair.
Old October 23rd, 2001, 05:44 AM

Sleepless in Seattle

that's how I would describe desis in Seattle