eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Dostana - Seems like a treat for gays

I happened to see the promos of the latest offering from Karan Johar - Dostana, starring Abhishekh Bacchan, John Abraham and Priyanka Chopra.

At first I thought this was a remake of the old Dostana starring Shotgun Sinha, Zeenat Aman and Amitabh. But the promos are quite different. Then I read some web rumours, it seems this movie is partly inspired from 'License to Wed/I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry' starring Adam Sandler, which was a movie about two best friends pretending to be gay to get some pension fund/tax benefits. John Abraham is shown shirtless and almost nude and I guess its Karan's sexual preferences showing through.

Anyway, homos will enjoy John Abraham and straight folks will love Priyanka.

Well, you decide. I like the promo only for my dear darling Priyanka Chopra

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old September 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future
Re: Dostana - Seems like a treat for gays

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I happened to see the promos of the latest offering from Karan Johar - Dostana, starring Abhishekh Bacchan, John Abraham and Priyanka Chopra.

At first I thought this was a remake of the old Dostana starring Shotgun Sinha, Zeenat Aman and Amitabh. But the promos are quite different. Then I read some web rumours, it seems this movie is partly inspired from 'License to Wed/I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry' starring Adam Sandler, which was a movie about two best friends pretending to be gay to get some pension fund/tax benefits. John Abraham is shown shirtless and almost nude and I guess its Karan's sexual preferences showing through.

Anyway, homos will enjoy John Abraham and straight folks will love Priyanka.

Well, you decide. I like the promo only for my dear darling Priyanka Chopra

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Compukid plz burn a copy for me as soon as it appears on the web. Also kindly delete the scenes where the homo mallu appears as cha pai said. I only need to see Priyanka babes
Old September 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

I think KJ is trying to reassure the gay and homo community that there is someone out there who understands them and their preferences. Someone who is willing to take up their cause and present it in a beautiful package (no pun) to an otherwise gay-unfriendly society. I must say he sure does have balls (no pun again)
Old September 23rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Banned

iamsecular can only hope to improve

Arey boss apan ka abhishek fundo dhik raha hai. That John looks like a wusssssssssssss.

Abhishek has this unconventional laymen looks with one can identify and boss his acting is A1.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsecular View Post
Arey boss apan ka abhishek fundo dhik raha hai. That John looks like a wusssssssssssss.

Abhishek has this unconventional laymen looks with one can identify and boss his acting is A1.
do you like him cause with his beard and rough looks he can pass off like a goat fukk
Old September 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsecular View Post

you're right, the movie is going to be about 'laying men' only
Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

achcha hua SRK ko nahi liya warna real life story ho jaati
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
achcha hua SRK ko nahi liya warna real life story ho jaati
Woh kehte hain na, about SRK, ki "Kabhi Pussy Kabhi Bum"
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Talking Re: Dostana - Seems like a treat for gays

Now it is confirmed that this film is about 'gay men' and I am sure its a shoddy copy of the original craptacular 'I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry' starring Adam Sandler.

Quote:
'Dostana is about friendship and not gay sexuality'

New Delhi, Nov 9: John and Abhishek play best friends and not gay couple in the upcoming film 'Dostana', says director Tarun Mansukhani.

"They don't behave as gay. They behave as normal friends," says Tarun, who turns director for the first time after assisting Karan Johar in 'Kal Ho Na Ho'.

"In fact, gays never behave in any particular way. Their behaviour is not different from all of us. Its our own perception about gays that makes us think that they behave in a particular way," he clarifies, while adding that he has not stereotyped the gay community in 'Dostana'.

"John and Abhishek lie that they are a gay couple, and so all other characters presumes them to be gay, which brings in the fun quotient to the film," he says.

When asked about why he chose gay theme in the film, he says, "Bollywood has made films on a variety of subjects like child abuse, drug abuse, extra martial affairs, sexual exploitation, etc. But no films have been made on gay sexuality till now. So I added it to the film. And these days, everyone specially the younger generation jokes about gay.

But the film is not about gay sexuality. Its basically about friendship and its ups and downs." 'Dostana' stars Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham, Priyanka Chopra, Shilpa Shetty and has Bobby Deol in a special appearance.

Abhishek plays a male nurse in a Miami hospital, while John is a photographer who has illegally migrated to the country. Priyanka, on the other hand, works with a magazine. Tarun, who is also the scriptwriter, says his boarding days in school inspired him to write the film. "Its a tribute to my friends with whom I used to share whatever I wanted to," he adds.

He feels that since he began writing the script, he has got whatever he had expected. "Its like a dream come true for me. While writing the script I had John and Abhisekh in my mind. And I got them in the lead roles," he says.

While praising his mentor Karan Johar, under whose banner the film is being produced, he says, "He is amazing as a producer. He provided me whatever I asked for." He has shot the complete film in Miami. Recounting his experience of shooting at a stretch for 91 days, he says that the exotic location and atmosphere has left him spoilt for the rest of his life.

LINK
Old November 12th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Now it is confirmed that this film is about 'gay men' and I am sure its a shoddy copy of the original craptacular 'I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry' starring Adam Sandler.
if he is Karan johars assistant, then thats the only subject he can make movies on.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old November 12th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayaguzra#1 View Post
compukid plz burn a copy for me as soon as it appears on the web. Also kindly delete the scenes where the homo mallu appears as cha pai said. I only need to see priyanka babes
hahahahhaha
Old November 12th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

its a copy of Adam Sandler movie right? This one?
The original was amazing and so was Jessica Biel
She made all the difference

Old November 13th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

wherez yogiji?
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyomkeshsaxena View Post
wherez yogiji?
Are you trying to hint that TantricYoni pai is gay

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Are you trying to hint that TantricYoni pai is gay
how can one be gay if he/she has a yoni?