eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

View Poll Results: What if BJP/NDA fails to win a majority repeatedly :
BJP will elect a new leader in place of NaMo 2 28.57%
NaMo will break away from BJP and form a new party 1 14.29%
Nothing, NaMo will quitely stay the CM of Gujarat till kicked out 3 42.86%
NaMo will marry Rahul Gandhi and lead a UPA-3 government 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:32 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Question Plan B

What if NDA fails to form the government this time ?? What will happen to BJP and "Modi Sarkar" promises ?? Modi, of course, can remain safely ensconsed in his Gujarat citadel till 2017, unless some Plan B comes into action.

if there is no UPA-3, then maybe there will be a re-election, even if a third front government gets formed. What if the re-election also shows up a hung parliament ?? We have seen the breakdown of the "Lohpurush" in 2009.

But I think that NaMo may have a plan B in mind. I am keeping the following factors in mind :

1) Obviously, the whole BJP campaign is centred around Modi,
2) NaMo has convinced/ cajoled/ coerced almost all the big names in BJP to endorse him,
3) Some of the seniors who have not received tickets, their kids have been given tickets or have otherwise endorsed Modi (Yashwant Sinha's son, Poonam Mahajan, Keshubhai's son etc.)
4) Recently, Raj Thakrey has been giving tons of TV interviews emphasizing "Support for Modi, not BJP".

So I think that Modi's Plan B is break away from BJP and form another party, using a "scorched earth policy" on BJP.

What's your take ?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:38 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Plan B

nobody's breaking away I think.. If NaMo breaks from BJP, he will finish off his career and undo everything he did. RSS and BJP will pull their strings and finish him off like Advani, Sushma, etc.

NDA can project Naidu as PM and get more allies, I heard they have a deal with TDP on this, if BJP by itself gets less than 180 seats they have this plan B.

If they are short by a bit, may be Arun Jaitley can also be projected as PM in case BJP have good numbers yet they are short of a simple majority.

As I said earlier though this election has turned into a referendum on Modi.. one can see this easily in the news.. Everyone else has played into the hands of Modi and his smart campaign.. By abusing Modi and calling him names, everybody from Rahul to Mulla-yam to Maya to Jaya to Mamta are doing the same mistake.

In all probability the Modi wave should eventually prove to be tsunami.. only time will tell though, saala 16th May is too far and this election is the most drawn out ever.
Old April 21st, 2014, 06:41 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
saala 16th May is too far and this election is the most drawn out ever.
Yeah, lengthy election.

But I don't think that BJP will come up with a "Compromise Candidate". In such an event I think that NaMo will end up conspiring against BJP to form his own unit.

Last edited by raniraja; April 21st, 2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old April 21st, 2014, 06:44 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Yeah, lengthy election.

But I don't think that BJP will come up with a "Compromise Candidate". In such an event I think that NaMo will end up conspiring against BJP to form his own unit.
I edited my post, NaMo will not break away from BJP, he will prove he is super power hungry if he does, and it will not give him any advantage anyway. Think about it, will MP, Raj CMs go with him? The cadre eventually is controlled by RSS and BJP leaders. Modi finally is Gujarat leader.
Old April 21st, 2014, 06:59 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
I edited my post, NaMo will not break away from BJP, he will prove he is super power hungry if he does, and it will not give him any advantage anyway. Think about it, will MP, Raj CMs go with him? The cadre eventually is controlled by RSS and BJP leaders. Modi finally is Gujarat leader.
RSS could sponsor another political outfit if they think it politically expedient. Or Modi + others of his coterie could still first form a party and seek RSS's blessings when they have enough political clout.

As for the CMs of other BJP ruled states, they may not favor Modi but still NaMo could cause terminal damage to their positions.

All this is hypothetical, of course. Just thinking what devilery could Modi cause if his ambition is not fulfilled.

Old April 21st, 2014, 07:13 AM

To get a party recognized as a national party you need to win a percentage of votes in state elections.. its just easier to chuck out unwanted people, rather than split and create a big and new party from BJP especially at this buoyant juncture. May have been possible and looked very likely after 2009 results.

Without RSS backing Modi's wave would be a ripple, they have campaigned extensively in UP. I don't think Modi will cause any devilry, he will continue to develop Gujarat and spread his name if we have a hung parliament.

One thing is for sure, unless BJP get very less numbers, they are going to be in Govt, remember AIADMK, BJD, Mamta will be open to joining govt if they get their share.
Old April 21st, 2014, 09:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Modi will not leave BJP.

If not BJP then game is in congress's hand. It will depend upon how many seats Congress gets. If they get 100-120 they will unleash their lapdog CBI on rest of the leaders to get required support and UPA 3 will become a reality.

If Cons get < 100 then third or fourth front will make govt. be prepared to get PM rotation every 6-8 months Nitish, Jaya, Mamta, Mullayam, Mayabatti etc...
Old April 22nd, 2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Modi will not leave BJP.

If not BJP then game is in congress's hand. It will depend upon how many seats Congress gets. If they get 100-120 they will unleash their lapdog CBI on rest of the leaders to get required support and UPA 3 will become a reality.

If Cons get < 100 then third or fourth front will make govt. be prepared to get PM rotation every 6-8 months Nitish, Jaya, Mamta, Mullayam, Mayabatti etc...
@ 6-8 month rotation policy.. lekin India ka bedagark ho jayega.. I shudder at the very thought.

btw, all major women politicians in India have been psychos.. Indira, Mamta, Jaya, Mayabatti, Sushma, etc

This is a pic I clicked few years back while driving..

Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Plan B is there is no plan B. And i thought this pic wrapped up everything. No More advantage - Game set and match.

I however found choice D as quite funny and may vote for that one
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Plan B is there is no plan B. And i thought this pic wrapped up everything. No More advantage - Game set and match.
That is Modi's Plan R

Quote:
This is a pic I clicked few years back while driving..

A similar saying goes "Nice men finish last"

Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:30 PM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

One possibility, Rajnath will emerge as alternate leader in case BJP fails to get required numbers. Advani and Susu amma are pissed because they wanted to be second leader but Modi and Rajnath made sure the duo remains irrelevant atleast this election.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:34 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
One possibility, Rajnath will emerge as alternate leader in case BJP fails to get required numbers. Advani and Susu amma are pissed because they wanted to be second leader but Modi and Rajnath made sure the duo remains irrelevant atleast this election.
Jaitley and MMJ are also waiting in the wings. Joshi will not have much support but has enough visibility and ambition.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 09:38 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
Jaitley and MMJ are also waiting in the wings. Joshi will not have much support but has enough visibility and ambition.
Joshi's chances are nearly zero. Jaitley might have chance but there are doubts if he will be able to win Amritsar seat. Anyway he is going to be in the ministry via RS route if he fails to win LS.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 03:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Plan B

Quote:
Joshi's chances are nearly zero. Jaitley might have chance but there are doubts if he will be able to win Amritsar seat. Anyway he is going to be in the ministry via RS route if he fails to win LS.
Madarcho Badals made sure not to let Sidhu have another chance... Now Jaitly could be down due to anti incumbency factor in Punjab..... Don't be surprised if AAP picks up one or two seats from Punjab.....
Old April 23rd, 2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungalprasad View Post
Madarcho Badals made sure not to let Sidhu have another chance... Now Jaitly could be down due to anti incumbency factor in Punjab..... Don't be surprised if AAP picks up one or two seats from Punjab.....
No chance.. amrinder dug his grave by giving clean chit to Tytler, no Sikh worth his salt will vote for him besides in Majha area his hold is very less. He would have won hands down had he run from Patiala his hometown n princely empire.