eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

View Poll Results: What Will Be The Poll Outcome In 2014
BJP will be the single largest party hugely improving it's tally 9 69.23%
Kangress may lose heavily but it's secular partners may gain 2 15.38%
Kangress tally may not cross the 2 digit figure 0 0%
BJP will be decimated and rural India will vote for the Kangress again. 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congress Descending Into It's Grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
I really want to curse you, kkkk.... .... You know what, I came back home half an hour ago.... Took bath.... Prepared Tea and was sipping tea with some 'mamra' (Murmure) [Mamra is what we call it in Gujarati, nyways..!!]... So I had a bowl full of 'mamras' and a cup in the right hand full of hot tea....!! And I was slowly scrolling down to read comments.... And I read this.... Believe me, my lungs, trachea and larynx all choked at the same time with a whole hearted laughter... Tea spilled over my key board....!!! And seems now it will be due for renewal anytime.... And I cursed you.... ....

I am glad I was the reason for your moment of happiness today - even if it cost you some choking, some burnt .... ummm I am not sure which part of your body you spilled the hot tea on and a reason to change your blasted keyboard. if you had thanked me, I would have said you are welcome, but since you cursed me, I dont know a polite conversational response except cursing you back. Curse you
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

I think, every system of Democracy is managed in some or the other way.... Presidents like Putin are blunt enuf to say that their's is a 'Managed Democracy' whereas others like US are less forthcoming in accepting that their's is also in many ways, not truly a complete democracy....!! India is no where....

Having said this, I feel that its only right for leaders to be chosen from the family of leaders..... When you stay in the corridors of power for a long time, you learn.... And that's why you see a mass leader at the age of 38 in Akhilesh....!!! I am sure, he has no capabilities more than an average Indian (given his CV) but still he's there above all....!! But that's in a way justified also.... A guy with Akhilesh's abilities may have a much much longer learning curve than Akhilesh who has grown up in the corridors of power.... So there's nothing wrong with that....!!! Leadership is both an acquired and innate skill..... A leader in the class room may not be an ideal PM material simply because his grooming hasnt taken place in the corridors of power.....

So I have no problems with a dynastic rule..... The onus is on the people to make them perform thru general demands..... If they dont, then they should be replaced with another leader with a dynastic support....!! But when people themselves donno what to demand, you cant blame the leaders for their lacklustre performance....!! They'll do what all human beings ideally want to do - NOTHING....!!

Last edited by rahulpsharma; May 23rd, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I am glad I was the reason for your moment of happiness today - even if it cost you some choking, some burnt .... ummm I am not sure which part of your body you spilled the hot tea on and a reason to change your blasted keyboard. if you had thanked me, I would have said you are welcome, but since you cursed me, I dont know a polite conversational response except cursing you back. Curse you
... Since I used the word curse so many times in my previous post, I had to add emoticons to convey that it was in a light vein.... I hate to express emotions thru emoticons.... But words are often mistaken so I have to take their help at times.... ...!!

And no, the tea didnt spill on my penis, if that's what you insinuated by saying 'which part of the body'... ....
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did people vote in Barack Obama or Democrats...?? I think, not too distant in past there was this BJP slogan 'aab ki baari, atal behari'.... Were they promoting ABV for some movie show...?? Ofcourse NOT... They were firm that their 'mukhota' is ABV.... Now post ABV, they have no acceptable face in BJP.... Hence the face-vacuum..... Otherwise, they are not far behind to cash in on anything for power - from face to race...!!
US has presidential democracy - different from parliamentary democracy - and by definition reliant on a particular individual who will become the president.
I agree with the rest of what you have said - but additionally also feel that having a fight for leadership will only be beneficial for us giving us someone who can atleast manage to win a struggle -even if it is only a power struggle within own party - instead of either someone who hasnt even been elected in Lok sabha (MMS is a rajya sabha member, not having contested a lok sabha election) or just has a certain last name. That is also why I supported ABV's PM advertisement. He wasnt projected as a PM just because of his name or by being handed it on a silver plate. It happened because he was capable...
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
US has presidential democracy - different from parliamentary democracy - and by definition reliant on a particular individual who will become the president.
I agree with the rest of what you have said - but additionally also feel that having a fight for leadership will only be beneficial for us giving us someone who can atleast manage to win a struggle -even if it is only a power struggle within own party - instead of either someone who hasnt even been elected in Lok sabha (MMS is a rajya sabha member, not having contested a lok sabha election) or just has a certain last name. That is also why I supported ABV's PM advertisement. He wasnt projected as a PM just because of his name or by being handed it on a silver plate. It happened because he was capable...
Thanks God, KKKK... You agreeing with me is an achievement for me....!!! I'll try another cup of tea now...!!!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
... Since I used the word curse so many times in my previous post, I had to add emoticons to convey that it was in a light vein.... I hate to express emotions thru emoticons.... But words are often mistaken so I have to take their help at times.... ...!!

And no, the tea didnt spill on my penis, if that's what you insinuated by saying 'which part of the body'... ....
I actually meant thighs, but you have a dirty mind (not dirty's mind, mind you)

Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I actually meant thighs, but you have a dirty mind (not dirty's mind, mind you)

Are you trying to say that thinking about Penis makes you more dirty than thinking about thighs...?? Is penis a dirty word to think about...??
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Are you trying to say that thinking about Penis makes you more dirty than thinking about thighs...?? Is penis a dirty word to think about...??
I think most Indians descend into a chaos of celebrations when the doc comes out and says 'its a baby boy'.... I am sure the doc looked at the penis to deliver that judgement and not thighs....!!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think, every system of Democracy is managed in some or the other way.... Presidents like Putin are blunt enuf to say that their's is a 'Managed Democracy' whereas others like US are less forthcoming in accepting that their's is also in many ways, not truly a complete democracy....!! India is no where....

Having said this, I feel that its only right for leaders to be chosen from the family of leaders..... When you stay in the corridors of power for a long time, you learn.... And that's why you see a mass leader at the age of 38 in Akhilesh....!!! I am sure, he has no capabilities more than an average Indian (given his CV) but still he's there above all....!! But that's in a way justified also.... A guy with Akhilesh's abilities may have a much much longer learning curve than Akhilesh who has grown up in the corridors of power.... So there's nothing wrong with that....!!! Leadership is both an acquired and innate skill..... A leader in the class room may not be an ideal PM material simply because his grooming hasnt taken place in the corridors of power.....

So I have no problems with a dynastic rule..... The onus is on the people to make them perform thru general demands..... If they dont, then they should be replaced with another leader with a dynastic support....!! But when people themselves donno what to demand, you cant blame the leaders for their lacklustre performance....!! They'll do what all human beings ideally want to do - NOTHING....!!
Nice theory there ... on the many advantages of hereditary succession.

But you know what ... I would think twice before applying that theory to Rahul Gandhi.

There was a post dealing with that topic ... here you go.

The author posts a far more nuanced version of your theory there.

NOTE: Just talking theory here. If we ignore the theories, the reality is that Rahul Gandhi has so far proven himself to be a mediocre politician, and it's quite likely that the man will remain like that for a looooong time to come, unless divine providence intervenes.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
abhi baal ki khal nikal ke joke ka boriya bistar ek ho gaya hai, so leave it....
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post

But you know what ... I would think twice before applying that theory to Rahul Gandhi.

NOTE: Just talking theory here. If we ignore the theories, the reality is that Rahul Gandhi has so far proven himself to be a mediocre politician, and it's quite likely that the man will remain like that for a looooong time to come, unless divine providence intervenes.
Rajiv Gandhi had zero experience in Politics and governance.... Still his broad outlook brought about the telecom revolution for this nation....!! PMs dont sit on a table and think and decide policies.... They just take decisions on the policies framed by the lower staff....

Yes, Rahul hasnt proven himself in that decision making aspect but surely he has seen that process far more closely than many of us who are more intelligent than him.... Sonia has no experience in governance but she was a bahu in a power corridor for long....!! I think she's doing a pretty good job at what she's doing....!!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

So after Rajiv the growth stopped ?
And what telecom policy did he implement ? I remember u had to run behind the MTNL/BSNL staff for a connection and later on after the lineman specially during diwali for a working telephone line.
It was during BJP rule that these MTNL/BSNL babus came to their senses with the entry of private telecom operators.
Quote:
Rajiv Gandhi had zero experience in Politics and governance.... Still his broad outlook brought about the telecom revolution for this nation....!! PMs dont sit on a table and think and decide policies.... They just take decisions on the policies framed by the lower staff....

Yes, Rahul hasnt proven himself in that decision making aspect but surely he has seen that process far more closely than many of us who are more intelligent than him.... Sonia has no experience in governance but she was a bahu in a power corridor for long....!! I think she's doing a pretty good job at what she's doing....!!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
So after Rajiv the growth stopped ?
And what telecom policy did he implement ? I remember u had to run behind the MTNL/BSNL staff for a connection and later on after the lineman specially during diwali for a working telephone line.
It was during BJP rule that these MTNL/BSNL babus came to their senses with the entry of private telecom operators.
Waah Swami saab, waah.... Shraddha, nafrat aur pyaar - teeno hi drishtiviheen hote hai....!!! So you mean to say that BJP guys wud go and sit in the MTNL offices to force their hands to work more...??? BJP guys simply rode the wave of privatisation initiated by Congress in 1991....!!! Were the MTNL guys equally competent even in 1989-1991 era when you had BJP supported governements....??? Did the MTNL guys become efficient for a period of 13 days also whe ABV became PM for 13 days...??? MTNL slightly improved its services because of the advent of the Private Telecom Operators who started giving better services.... They had the option to either vanish or improve.... They tried to choose the second only with limited success..... NO Magic Wand of BJP bro....!! The services improved because of Privatisation...
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post

I said the same thing about Narendra Modi also in the other thread..... Infact, Modi is more so because he had a chance to transform Gujarat and he failed WHEREAS Rahul didnt have an opportunity.... He's just trying to get one....!!! So I think, that words like medicore are purely relative.... Yes, you may say that he's yet to prove himself but you cant simply judge him as mediocre atleast now....!!

You may want to cite the example of UP debacle.... Dont forget that post media hype around corruption and Anna Hazare, these elections were surely an uphill task for anyone....!!! Still they managed a good show in states like Uttranchal....!!

What have you so far seen of Rahul to judge him mediocre....!! I can show you fifty things because of which I think Narendra Modi is equally mediocre, rather more so, because he simply missed the development bus which could have hurtled the state of Gujarat atleast 25 years ahead of other states in India...!!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Banned

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

This is by far the Kangresses biggest achievement. Rs 7.5 hike in Petrol prices.