eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:43 AM
eCharchan

Mr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Bharat has a reputation beyond repute
Question Tried any Weapon ?

Still thinking about rukhsana from kashmir , who killed a militant and scared away remaining terrorists with her first attempt of using an AK-47.
Sometimes,difficult situations teach you some of the most "impossible things" to learn in a very strange way. I believe rukhsana's case is same.

I was recollecting my experience and training with arms, and comparing with rukhsana's achievemnt. I got opportunity to learn using 303 rifle and an LMG(Light Machine Gun).

First round i fired a 303 rifle, the recoil was so terrible that it hurt my arms. I wasted atleast 12 rounds, to reach the nearest point to target. 2 2 years i tried, could never hit the target(bull's eye). It was always here and there aruond the eye.
Trying LMG was more dissappointing. I just placed my finger on the trigger , in a fraction of second it consumed all the magazine.
It took me many sessions of training to actually able to release a single bullet at one go.

Here i am with all my stunts with weapons, and see rukhsana. hmm..
what about you guys ? any good or bad experiences with weapons ?
Old October 2nd, 2009, 05:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tried any Weapon ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bharat View Post
Still thinking about rukhsana from kashmir , who killed a militant and scared away remaining terrorists with her first attempt of using an AK-47.
Sometimes,difficult situations teach you some of the most "impossible things" to learn in a very strange way. I believe rukhsana's case is same.

I was recollecting my experience and training with arms, and comparing with rukhsana's achievemnt. I got opportunity to learn using 303 rifle and an LMG(Light Machine Gun).

First round i fired a 303 rifle, the recoil was so terrible that it hurt my arms. I wasted atleast 12 rounds, to reach the nearest point to target. 2 2 years i tried, could never hit the target(bull's eye). It was always here and there aruond the eye.
Trying LMG was more dissappointing. I just placed my finger on the trigger , in a fraction of second it consumed all the magazine.
It took me many sessions of training to actually able to release a single bullet at one go.

Here i am with all my stunts with weapons, and see rukhsana. hmm..
what about you guys ? any good or bad experiences with weapons ?

Hitting the bull's eye is only useful if you are trying to blind a bull in one eye.

The human body has a large target area for a kill shot. Especially at close quarters. You dont have to be a marksman.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:05 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
try the INSAS rifle .it is rigged to fire three bullets only at one pull of the trigger.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
try the INSAS rifle .it is rigged to fire three bullets only at one pull of the trigger.

Most auto rifles have settings for single shot, burst (3 per pull) or continuous fire modes.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Most auto rifles have settings for single shot, burst (3 per pull) or continuous fire modes.
I was to say the same thing...wonder if Bharti pai has been bluffing
Old October 2nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, in my childhood.. I was the balloon shooting champion in all the melas.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old October 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
PhirBhiDilHaiHindustani

Punjabee in USA has a spectacular aura aboutPunjabee in USA has a spectacular aura aboutPunjabee in USA has a spectacular aura about

303 rifle in NCC drills
Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
I was to say the same thing...wonder if Bharti pai has been bluffing
LMG is different from your regular M4A1 or INSAS assault rifle. LMG usually have only continuous burst modes. Like INSAS Excalibur! What smelly is referring to are regular versions of assault rifles which have single burst and 3-burst modes.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Went to a shooting range with a few co-workers last year and tried several handguns. I think they were all Glocks of different calibers: .22, 9mm and .45; can't remember names.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I have used the 'air gun' or the 'BB gun' when I was a kid at those stands where you shoot 10 balloons for a rupee or some such small price. And if you shoot all 10 then you get some small toy as a prize.

I have seen a twelve bore gun which they showed in earlier movies. The kind which 'daakus' used to brandish, like in Sholay. I have never fired such a gun though.

Beyond the air gun, I have never fired a weapon. And I would not like to fire one too. I am not very fond of guns per se. They look good in action movies only.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

kyo bhai, tu delhi police kaa thula hai

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8_Hindustani View Post
kyo bhai, tu delhi police kaa thula hai
thule bhi aaj kal thule rakhte hai kya?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

Had a 9mm CZ for a while (forget model) made of synthetic. Handled really well. Had to return it, though.
Have a bb gun now

Last edited by Ravi; October 2nd, 2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Nah... never had a weapon. Am scared of the recoil. as I go around shooting all the peaceful people in pukestan

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

I own air-pistols and air rifles...they are sufficient for my self-defense