eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old September 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Jayaji's comments ...

wah wah..so this Raj picks up the "bhaiyyas have made MH unsafe" issue and in the same breath brings up Bachchan's name, puts up his posters portraying him in bad light etc, and Bachchan should keep quite and take it lying down while if Jaya makes this statement, people get riled up eh? sahi hai yaar..

400 crore plus Rs. marathi manoos ki gaand main babmoo ghusakay nikalay hai yeah aadmi nay and he is worked up bout how Bachchan opened up some fuckin school in UP..

yaar Bachchan ka make-up man maharastrian hai nai? there yo go, he is even creating employments in your state dont forget ABCL (AB corp) where marathi manoos is employed..

this Raj chuthiya had a point in his "unsafe" issue but he has completely ruined it by citing Bachchan's family as an example

by the same token, all maharashtrians living in US should stop prayin to ganpati and stop sending money back to their parents located in MH

look at this hypocritical piece of shit named Raj:

At the time of writing this, news was just coming in, Raj Thackeray had accepted Amitabh Bachchan’s public apology for wife Jaya’s off-the-cuff remark about being from UP and wanting to speak Hindi in Maharashtra.

And Thackeray’s Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) was withdrawing its agitation against the Bachchan family and the Big B’s film The Last Lear which is releasing today. Son Abhishek, whose film Drona is slated for launch on October 2 and could have faced the MNS backlash, was relieved. Though he told me he had no fears, not for his film, nor for his parents. “I have faith in the law of the land,” he said from Filmistan Studios where he was shooting. “It was an unfortunate incident, and we are sorry if anybody’s sentiments were hurt, Dad and Mom apologised, and if anybody wanted, I was willing to say sorry too.”

His father, Amitabh, is Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray’s friend, but few people know that Abhishek on a personal level is friendly with Thackeray’s nephew Raj. “We haven’t been in touch for over a year,” he admitted, “but, yes, I know Raj personally, he’s always been encouraging and sweet. He signed me for a film some time ago. He had a script, and a concept in mind at that time, but it didn’t work out. He’s always been friendly.” Was this his opinion on Raj also at the height of the MNS fury against the Bachchans? “I’m sure he had his reasons and was doing what he had to do,” replied Abhishek.

“I’m nobody to pass judgement on him or concern myself about his actions. I’m having a hard enough time worrying about myself and my work... which is that of an actor who has to make films and entertain the people. That is most important to me and I can’t lose sight of what I have to do.”

His parents are from Allahabad and Jabalpur, but since Abhishek was born and brought up in Mumbai, that makes him a Maharashtrian and son of the soil, right? “Right,” replied Bachchan Jr, “only, I don’t believe in statewise demarcations, I see myself as an Indian. But, yes, I live and work in Mumbai, and while I speak very little Marathi, I do understand the language. Growing up in the state, you tend to pick it up. Nobody has ever managed to make me feel an outsider in Maharashtra. I think it’s upto you as a person not to allow anybody to impose their beliefs and opinions on you.”

Link

Last edited by DesiBaba; September 12th, 2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jayaji's comments ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
I agree completely...... Raj is today the most popular and even, to some, revered politician today........ His popularity graph is rising with every statement that he gives in public...... It was expected that his shrill rhetoric would soon be abated but it has rather become 'shriller' by the day........ And he's completely in touch with this popularity charts.........!!!!
Rahul Pai, why are talking like Harry Reid ?? Do you want to compare Raj Thackrey to Sarah Palin??
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are fast becoming a Taliban like population. Its not like we have become less tolerant but we seem to get agitated about all the weird reasons - so life gets back to normal at a super fast pace after serial bomb blasts in two cities within a month, but when some former actress turned glorified housewife says something that has a tinge of sarcasm, ppl turn to hooliganism.

And we are the ones that laugh at and ridicule some other religion because they released fatwa over a cartoon.

Raj Thakre is an anti national element and should be charged for treason, for inciting violence and loss of public property. The Maharashtra that he is so concerned about is loved by all Indians, and its not his baap ki jagir. But non-Maharashtrians living there also have a right to speak in any language they want.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post
wah wah..so this Raj picks up the "bhaiyyas have made MH unsafe" issue and in the same breath brings up Bachchan's name, puts up his posters portraying him in bad light etc, and Bachchan should keep quite and take it lying down while if Jaya makes this statement, people get riled up eh? sahi hai yaar..

400 crore plus Rs. marathi manoos ki gaand main babmoo ghusakay nikalay hai yeah aadmi nay and he is worked up bout how Bachchan opened up some fuckin school in UP..

yaar Bachchan ka make-up man maharastrian hai nai? there yo go, he is even creating employments in your state dont forget ABCL (AB corp) where marathi manoos is employed..

this Raj chuthiya had a point in his "unsafe" issue but he has completely ruined it by citing Bachchan's family as an example

by the same token, all maharashtrians living in US should stop prayin to ganpati and stop sending money back to their parents located in MH
bhai galee ke kutte aur bunglay mein rehne waale kutte ke beech mein farak honaa mangtaa hai naa? galee kutta is unruly, ferocious and stupid. barks at will, no one gives a crap. bungla kutta is potty trained, listens to commands and knows when to bark and when to stay quiet. when it barks, people generally dont like it. gives a bad name to bunglay ka malik. we dont want that to happen basically.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsecular View Post
Who says Abhishek Bacchan has a fading career ?

He doesnt need such shit-pot publicity. He is a very god actor who gets into the skin of the character. Typical unconventional looks.

Abey idhar hai koi marathi mai ka lal actor who has made it big in bollywood??? Stop pointing fingers at us N.Indians. Black fools from south. I consider maharashtra also a part of south India. No sophistication at all.
This moron is fucking hilarious .. I hope Mods are paying close attention. This Asshole is getting out of control...
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Banned

iamsecular can only hope to improve

I say Bollywood should move to Gujarat. Reasons:

1. Very enterprising and business oriented people.
2. Will accomodate other N.Indians without any qualms.
3. Mr Modi will not mind Jayajis comments at all.He will ignore it and continue with his work.

What say??
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Okay here is a question I want to ask. South Indian Film Star Rajanikanth is a Maharasthrian and was a bus conductor in Maharashtra State Transport buses.

Since he became a super star in Tamil Nadu, he has NEVER said once that he is a Marathi and so he will speak in Marathi. He has totally immersed himself in the local Tamil culture and considers himself to be from Tamil Nadu.

Many years ago, during the Muhurat ceremony of "Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja" starring Anil Kapoor and SriDevi, I had the good fortune of speaking with Rajanikanth. Only when I was talking to him in a private ocassion did he speak back to me in Marathi.

If South Indian Mega Super Star Rajnikanth can become one or atleast not show that he is from a different region in Tamil Nadu, then is it too much to expect from learned people like Jaya Bacchan to not make unnecessary jokes and add fuel to the flames already present.

If Mumbai has given so much to the Bacchans, then why rub salt and add that they are UPites.

Same goes to Shahrukh Khan - why keep on saying he is a Dilliwalla.

Mumbai has become like a whore, where people all over come to her, rape her, use her and then when things get going, then people want to say anything but 'I am a Mumbaiyya'.
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

chando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond reputechando has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Okay here is a question I want to ask. South Indian Film Star Rajanikanth is a Maharasthrian and was a bus conductor in Maharashtra State Transport buses.

Since he became a super star in Tamil Nadu, he has NEVER said once that he is a Marathi and so he will speak in Marathi. He has totally immersed himself in the local Tamil culture and considers himself to be from Tamil Nadu.

Many years ago, during the Muhurat ceremony of "Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja" starring Anil Kapoor and SriDevi, I had the good fortune of speaking with Rajanikanth. Only when I was talking to him in a private ocassion did he speak back to me in Marathi.

If South Indian Mega Super Star Rajnikanth can become one or atleast not show that he is from a different region in Tamil Nadu, then is it too much to expect from learned people like Jaya Bacchan to not make unnecessary jokes and add fuel to the flames already present.

If Mumbai has given so much to the Bacchans, then why rub salt and add that they are UPites.

Mumbai has become like a whore, where people all over come to her, rape her, use her and then when things get going, then people want to say anything but 'I am a Mumbaiyya'.
I agree people should be proud of the state they live in. There is little difference btw Rajini and Bacchans. Rajini acts in Tamil movies and Bacchans act in Hindi movies not Marathi

BTW: Rajinikant was a conductor in Bangalore, he is not a Maharashtrian, he is Kannadiga born to a Maratha family. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajnikanth
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

iamsecular can only hope to improve

I think we should now move the hindi film industry to a very secular yet parochial Madras aka Chennai. Although I dont like the southies as they cant speak one sentence in Hindi, when Hindi is the national language.

Didnt they used to tar the Hindi Hoardings or Bill Boards or Name plates???
Old September 9th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The bigger question is, why is so much importance being given to what the filmstars say or do? Who cares if Jaya or Sharukh think they are outsiders? Will Mumbai cease to exist?
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:10 PM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think we should now move the hindi film industry to a very secular yet parochial Madras aka Chennai. Although I dont like the southies as they cant speak one sentence in Hindi, when Hindi is the national language.

Didnt they used to tar the Hindi Hoardings or Bill Boards or Name plates???

try as much as nobody is gonna for fall for it. saale sab ko tera jaise pukistani samjha who'll gladly kill their own ppl. We are not from a uncivilized jaath like you
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:42 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who says Abhishek Bacchan has a fading career ?

He doesnt need such shit-pot publicity. He is a very god actor who gets into the skin of the character. Typical unconventional looks.

Abey idhar hai koi marathi mai ka lal actor who has made it big in bollywood??? Stop pointing fingers at us N.Indians. Black fools from south. I consider maharashtra also a part of south India. No sophistication at all.
Tuchya Maila ... Phoda doka hyacha ...
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

amitabh is a HINDI film actor not a MARATHI film actor.
BTW if the same scene continues for too long you would see more and more Hindi pictures being made in Hyderabad. Would that be good for Maharashtra charchu???
As of now there are considerable number of Hindi movies being made on location in Hyderabad(you have better production facilities for film making than in any part of INDIA).
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.

Last edited by BABU_HYDERABADI; September 9th, 2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old September 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute
Re: An OPeN Letter to Didi Jayaji and Bhaiya Amitabhji Bachhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik View Post
Excuse me ! I and many other Maharshtrians are angry about arrogant remarks by Jaya B. Just wanted to let you know. I don't have anything to discuss further. Thanks.
bal takhrey came into prominence by spewing venom on South INDIANS and his nephew by spewing venom on North INDIANS(what a family boss).
Maharashatrians need to understand that Mubai is mumbai because of GUJARATHI's , MARWARI's , North INDIANS, South INDIANS and Maharashatrians, and its in their own good to keep Mumbai the way it is or else it would fall into the list of cities that had been financial capitals of INDIA.
ShivSainik do you know what part of Taxes generated by mumbai are being used in other parts of Maharashtra???

The govt of Maharashtra is running because of taxes generated by Mumbai, Maharashtrians need to think twice before poking their own eyes.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old September 9th, 2008, 04:05 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post
Strangely, while these MNS activists are going around intimidating shopkeepers, showrooms & business establishments to mandatorily have Marathi nameplates, all MNS leaders have the nameplates outside their houses in English.

Nobody gives a damn to these foolish two-faced diktats!
56 posts ... ... will need to come back read later.

Coolbhai ... thats cause some people are so stupid. You wrote earlier ... aa bel mujhe mar! That's it but it takes all kind to make a life. There may be times when your rights are being trampled, as happens always, at the worst possible moment. You may get yelled at for no apparent or reasons not understood. You might come back to a parking ticket stuck to windshield, or car having been towed away. You are mistreated. A policeman (and in this case MNS) may decide to compensate for his bruised ego ... turn a total yrant toward you. What do you do? You are a normal human being. You got normal level of steroids. You may feel just that spark to fight it on. Shit. Aggression to fight aggression? I say this couple is being stupid.

Aggression? Fight? Get even? Say no because there is an alternative. Just say no to revenge. Resist the temptation. There is another way to win. It got no Gandhiji's least resistance tag attached to it nor fancy tag of Martin Luther King's passive resistance. Good people among us practice the way all the time except it has no fancy tag. Walk away. Just walk away. You walk away a winner! Coolbhai, walking away is not being a wimp or submissive. Yeh ... I know ... it's hard ... often hard ... but just walk away. And you have won.

Most of the members ... non-Maratha manus ... think of MNS stupid. We're wrong. They're not. The famous couple and some of us are being obnoxiously paranoid of what is so simple in human nature. Just cause we can’t make head or tails of MNS decision to make Marathi language sign boards a must is not a proof of us being smart.

We can start with the truth. Maratha manus has been wronged. At some stage, he could accept injustice no more. He realised that there is no other way but to fight. He decided to fight for the rights rest of the people were taking for granted. So our hero fought. He fought hard. He won. He didn't win it all but he won some. Not happy of some win but he is willing to accept that he cant win it all. Now his fight is to keep what he has won. He will need to flex muscles every once in a while to make his presence known. He will need to prove that how tough he really is. I have fought. I am willing to keep fighting. Coolbhai ... its so simple really ... a wronged person's insecurities make him all the more dangerous.

So what do you do? You aren't the wrong doer. Simple ... accept the truth and walk away. Take the path of least conflict. Always if given the choice. Never make a scene ... when you can walk away. If someone has wronged you ... stay clear of the plots to revenge. Your goal in life is to get the things done. All you need to do is walk away from those who step in your way.

Some of us are strong believers in the law of karma ... not by choice. World is full of bastards who will want to cause you harm for reasons which make no sense to you. You are a good person ... all you have with you is belief in the law of karma. And the hope that some day bloody lazy Karma will catch up with the bastards. Now comes the funny part ... it takes a life time for law of karma to reach the bastards but to a good person like you, KARMA IS INSTATENOUS! You want to fight ... fine ... you are bound to get hurt ... instant karma. But a fool is him who fights when he don't need to. Harm normally comes to those who are violent ... speaking in physical and non-physical sense.

Let's clarify ... what is winning? To win you need a conflict. We by instincts wish to leave the scene a winner. We are not interested in solving the conflict ... all we want is to win. Walk away is winning by walking away.

Let me give you an example. I cant remember where I read this story. Memory is good no more but everything between armpits and knee joints is working like I was teenager ... thanks for asking.

Story is of a guy ... I cant remember the nem of the profession but he is sort of like a part time teacher above the level of teacher and many 23/24 years chewtiyaas from India go around claiming to be one? Anyway ... naam me kya rakha ... so this teacher guy, in the story I read was having one of those on the spot lectures in front of a group of bright students ... 10 or 12 of them. It so happened ... that in next room a man was screaming at his soon-to-be-x-gfd on a mobile phone. He was creating an intolerable situation. Atmosphere was tense. Our hero, the part-time teacher (I still cant remember the nem of profession) decides to do something ... stop the man from screaming profanities. Teacher shouted at him ... more like a yell ... Will you shut the fuck up!

Well ... predictable happened. Man's wrath turned toward the teacher. The man started with aggressive gestures hinting at physical damage. Teacher knew ... this group of big and burly students will rush to aid in the case of a physical conflict. But teacher did something which neither him nor the students expected. The teacher decided to submit and walk away. Teacher apologised. Teacher said

finish it later

too long sorry

edit/add ... kindly do not quote ... I need to come back to finish and give it Hindi Pathshala touch
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; September 9th, 2008 at 04:15 PM.