eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old May 16th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Dalit woman accuses Congressman of rape

I think this thread might start a new "war" here on eCharcha.Com after a long time.

Dalit woman accuses Congressman of rape

BHOPAL: A 24-year-old Dalit woman alleged that she was raped by a Congressman known to be close to Hazarilal Raghuvanshi, the Madhya Pradesh minister for revenue, rehabilitation and legislative affairs.

The woman claimed she was a bonded labourer in the house of Congress MLA Dinu Malviya. Malviya allegedly raped her on April 23, 2003 at his residence.

She claimed that she approached the police to lodge her complaint, but the police beat-up her husband Manoj Pater and threw him out of the police station. The two then approached the special police station for SC/ST atrocities, in Hoshangabad. An FIR was lodged but no copy was given to the couple.

Speaking to newspersons, she recalled: "Dinu Malviya kept me and my husband in his house for the last six months. He gave us a room at the back of the house. In return, we had to work for Rs 300 per month. But he never gave us the money."

On the evening of April 23, her husband went to ask Malviya for salary. Malviya first refused to entertain any discussion on the money. When Manoj persisted, Malviya allegedly beat the man.

"My husband ran away while Malviya stopped me," she said. "He threatened he would kill my husband if I shouted and raped me. He also threatened me of dire consequences if I ever revealed the matter."

The couple ran away from Malviya's house. "We were afraid that Malviya, being a powerful Congressman, might get us killed," Manoj said.

"We went to the police. They said we were crazy to have come with a complaint against the minister's representative. In Hoshangabad, the police told me to shut up."

The victims are now in Bhopal expecting an appointment with DGP Dinesh Jugran. Police were not available for comment.

Source
Old May 16th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Okay let me fire the first salvo

and I am sure AdiDravida will crawl out and start his usual tantrums

Read the headline. It says "Dalit" Woman raped...

Why not just WOMAN raped by Congress....

They never say Upper Caste Woman or That Caste Woman.. When it comes to Dalit woman being raped the headline is so biased.

Why? Have there not been rapes before of non-Dalit women.

I have complete sympathy for the poor woman who was raped by this Minister. The MInister needs to be investigated and upon findinghim guilty should be made impotent by medical operation.

But I wished to point the media bias. The word Dalit does magic to the newspapers and absolute pseudos like TOI.