eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 17th, 2010, 06:15 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
I have been thinking..

I have been thinking of this post by Tantuji, and I have something to say. But I don't know what. I'll complete the thoughts when I have finished thinking about it. Meanwhile if you guys can complete my thoughts.....
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old March 17th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I have been thinking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
I have been thinking of this post by Tantuji, and I have something to say. But I don't know what. I'll complete the thoughts when I have finished thinking about it. Meanwhile if you guys can complete my thoughts.....
I always thought you are a sardar and in my thoughts sardars dont think
Old March 17th, 2010, 07:23 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I always thought you are a sardar and in my thoughts sardars dont think
Abe.. tu itna bada non-sardar hai to khud hi soch le na.. phir hum sabko bata dena

Old March 17th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I proposed this post for POST OF THE MONTH and repped tantu ji for it as well.

really well written in good feelings and probably the right words.
Old March 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You think he is some self-help guru and you have some frustration to resolve and he can help ? Agar barabar bola to rep do ...
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:46 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Here it is, at least jitna socha utna hi sahi:
-----------------------------------------

What is it about such forums that keeps people interested? Interested in posting, interested in reading, interested in replying and interacting?? Why do we come here at all? Some people just browse through, keeping quiet, some jump straight into a topic and zip off witty stuff. Where do we draw the line between online interactions and the non-webbed world? Or such a line does not exist?

In my case, I love online interactions simply because they give me an opportunity to think - to think before dashing off replies, to re-read some posts and think about them. I have never been very quick witted. It's not that I don't have answers to what people say, but just that I haven't been quick enough to reply. Also, I have always needed to explain what I wanted to say. The online world gives me a chance to type the stuff else before I post it, look it over again, edit, re-edit and re-re-edit, before clicking on "submit".

So, I have gotten in the habit of re-looking over my own posts and previewing them.

This has also affected the way I read the others' posts. I glance over them and go on, then something strike me and I go back and read it again, and find newer meanings or things that I may have skipped over earlier.

Also, I have learned to take things with greater equanimity, because I have realised that "Internet pe kya ghanta ukhad lega?", and same goes the other way too. So, I am not much affected by what the others say about or to me. It wasn't the case earlier. Now I can take leg-pulling . Also, I have learned to put a full stop. No interchange need go on endlessly. Also, recently I have noticed another change in me. The good affects me, lifts me up, the bad is just by the way (doesn't affect much negatively). So, recently I was surprised to see myself in some members' positive list, also amused to see myself in someone's negative list.

Old March 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, I have learned to take things with greater equanimity, because I have realised that "Internet pe kya ghanta ukhad lega?", and same goes the other way too. So, I am not much affected by what the others say about or to me.
and this situation, if it goes into the head of anyone, is also responsible for irresponsible behavior both in virtual and real world. Attitude that says Who-gives-a -fuck-on-internet/real life because you know 'aage waala kya ghanta ukhaad lega'. So slowly and surely a kind of negative defiance and arrogance creeps into personality which may/may not be detrimental for an individual personally but surely creates a very negative atmosphere around him/her.

What you are saying is a very positive and welcome change in any individual and I congratulate you for same for gaining wisdom but as they say 'with great power comes great responsibility"....jisne samajh li uska naam uske jaane ke baad bhi yaad kiya jayega...jisne na samjhi....usse koi farak nahi padta ki uska naam koi yaad rakhe ya nahi

Last edited by sprite; March 18th, 2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:54 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
and this situation, if it goes into the head of anyone, is also responsible for irresponsible behavior both in virtual and real world. Attitude that says Who-gives-a -fuck-on-internet/real life because you know 'aage waala kya ghanta ukhaad lega'. So slowly and surely a kind of negative defiance and arrogance creeps into personality which may/may not be detrimental for an individual personally but surely creates a very negative atmosphere around him/her.
Right. That's where one's upbringing plays a large part. You have an opportunity to abuse and get away with it. But will you get abusive? Can you get by not abusing?

Old March 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Junior eCharchan

UIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I have never been very quick witted. It's not that I don't have answers to what people say, but just that I haven't been quick enough to reply. Also, I have always needed to explain what I wanted to say. The online world gives me a chance to type the stuff else before I post it, look it over again, edit, re-edit and re-re-edit, before clicking on "submit".
Kya raniraja pai.....abhi bhi check up nahin karwaye.....you need a good neuro-surgeon!!!!!

Quote:
This has also affected the way I read the others' posts. I glance over them and go on, then something strike me and I go back and read it again, and find newer meanings or things that I may have skipped over earlier.

Also, I have learned to take things with greater equanimity, because I have realised that "Internet pe kya ghanta ukhad lega?", and same goes the other way too. So, I am not much affected by what the others say about or to me. It wasn't the case earlier. Now I can take leg-pulling .
But on a serious note....I think what you are saying does raise certain questions about human nature in general! Many of us here talk about serious issues and uphold high moral ground without inhibitions but I would really like to know how many of us really follow such morals or ideals in real life! Yahaan toh kuch bhi keh sakte hain par kya asal duniya mein wahi cheez karte hain ya nahi???

Last edited by UIDIOTS; March 18th, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm. ...... Intresting observation but I have no idea what good is this observation or how relevant it is. I will assume I am referred here indirectly since the link has me involved. So I will make my own observation ,,,,,,

I am on this forum since this is a bit of amplification of real world for me...... In real life , I am quick witted ( I think ) , a bit Narsacisst being a Leo ..

and I get irritated by people who refuse to think or are fake. All my affairs on this site have been with those people.

Some people take it with pinch of salt and some just go nuts. I have called Cha PAi a wannabe Howard Stern with his toilet jokes , Sane less a bgot and rascist and Amtha a gujju from Immigration clan and I got away with this .

Then I called Maxi-Mini Bai a propoganda freak who is cirticizing western culture living in west, Hara Har a flop story writer and of course our doctor as wannabe cool.
Tantu has always been supportive of underdogs......

I have never done ma bhen except in extreme cases ....... Using F word in not ma bahen for me .....

I have take all the shit like gandi naali blah blah but refrained in replying in same vein.

Would I do this in real life ? maybe yes . Does it reflect on my upbringing ? I have no idea .

Do I go whoring ? Of course not . DO I slepp with my friend's wives ? Of course not . Do I joke about it ? Yes all the time. I am lucky to have a group of close friends and we always joke around. To outisder it may seem like we are an orgy group but its all talk. I saw some people being amused by this here and I just carried it on in all my conversations ... Just being witty ...... Which some folks do not get it ......

I love Smelly ....... I mean his signature
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post

I love Smelly ....... I mean his signature
As long as you love Smelflylily pai and not his finger... I guess that is okay

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I see this thread I go... "tu abhi tak soch raha hai"

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:36 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Every time I see this thread I go... "tu abhi tak soch raha hai"
I did suggest some time ago in "site related" that the thread starter should be able to change the title of the thread. Anyway, if anyone of you can think of a good title for this one, please inform the moderators

Old March 18th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Hmmmm. ...... Intresting observation but I have no idea what good is this observation or how relevant it is. I will assume I am referred here indirectly since the link has me involved. So I will make my own observation ,,,,,,

I am on this forum since this is a bit of amplification of real world for me...... In real life , I am quick witted ( I think ) , a bit Narsacisst being a Leo ..

and I get irritated by people who refuse to think or are fake. All my affairs on this site have been with those people.
Yep, you sure are quick witted compared to Maxi and Harhar
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

RR bhai,tu jyada soch soch kar hi ganjepan ke taraf baddh raha hi.Stop thinking atleast for your hair's sake

Quote:

What is it about such forums that keeps people interested? Interested in posting, interested in reading, interested in replying and interacting?? Why do we come here at all? Some people just browse through, keeping quiet, some jump straight into a topic and zip off witty stuff. Where do we draw the line between online interactions and the non-webbed world? Or such a line does not exist?

In my case, I love online interactions simply because they give me an opportunity to think - to think before dashing off replies, to re-read some posts and think about them. I have never been very quick witted. It's not that I don't have answers to what people say, but just that I haven't been quick enough to reply. Also, I have always needed to explain what I wanted to say. The online world gives me a chance to type the stuff else before I post it, look it over again, edit, re-edit and re-re-edit, before clicking on "submit".

So, I have gotten in the habit of re-looking over my own posts and previewing them.

Also, I have learned to take things with greater equanimity, because I have realised that "Internet pe kya ghanta ukhad lega?", and same goes the other way too. So, I am not much affected by what the others say about or to me. It wasn't the case earlier. Now I can take leg-pulling . Also, I have learned to put a full stop. No interchange need go on endlessly. Also, recently I have noticed another change in me. The good affects me, lifts me up, the bad is just by the way (doesn't affect much negatively). So, recently I was surprised to see myself in some members' positive list, also amused to see myself in someone's negative list.