eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old August 15th, 2018, 11:07 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Is Hindi language imposition a hoax or was it really shoved down somebody's throat? Dravidian parties have used hauwwa of Hindi imposition and scared Tamils.. Why don't Tamil share their language? Translate major works into Hindi, Marathi, Gujarat?
Old August 15th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Is Hindi language imposition a hoax or was it really shoved down somebody's throat?
Maybe in the beginning. But it was nipped in the bud when English was adopted as administrative language.

Now Hindi is spreading like anything due to it's soft power and movement of Hindi populace. Almost every Indian born after 1980 knows Hindi.
Old August 16th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sissy tamizh anyway didnít do anything during freedom struggle .. fuckin half converted to christianity .. other half were busy folding their lungis.
I thought they were busy taking over the world

Whats up Sarvi, You seem very frustrated with Tamils. Is there something bothering you?
Old August 16th, 2018, 02:52 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I thought they were busy taking over the world

Whats up Sarvi, You seem very frustrated with Tamils. Is there something bothering you?
taking over the world .. with favoritism?

Yes, looks like I am. I’m not happy with ingratefuls who are hell bent to break our country .. in conversations I noticed more and more Tamils are anti-India .. most people in India are Indian first and then Punjabi or Telugu or Marathi .. but Tamils are thinking they are a gift to the world. When in fact they got freedom quite easy, never had to do anything. Name a few freedom fighters from Tamil Nadu.. nobody can tell. Deep inside they all agree with the idea to create Tamil country taking most of south India and Sri Lanka with it. Only other people are Kashmiris and some Muslims who think about India as a different country, not their own. It’s all a product of conditioning from childhood.

The hate of Hindi language too is causing misery, most Tamil youth grew up with hate for Hindi and now unable to find employment in India outside of their state.. some admitted this fact.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 16th, 2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old August 17th, 2018, 05:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, looks like I am. I’m not happy with ingratefuls who are hell bent to break our country .. in conversations I noticed more and more Tamils are anti-India .. most people in India are Indian first and then Punjabi or Telugu or Marathi .. but Tamils are thinking they are a gift to the world. When in fact they got freedom quite easy, never had to do anything. Name a few freedom fighters from Tamil Nadu.. nobody can tell. Deep inside they all agree with the idea to create Tamil country taking most of south India and Sri Lanka with it. Only other people are Kashmiris and some Muslims who think about India as a different country, not their own. It’s all a product of conditioning from childhood.

The hate of Hindi language too is causing misery, most Tamil youth grew up with hate for Hindi and now unable to find employment in India outside of their state.. some admitted this fact.
I am truly saddened to see your stance on Tamils. Not that it makes any difference but i am writing this with a hope that you would stop for a second and reevaluate your hatred towards Tamils.

i am yet to come across a single Indian in my whole life who thought or even remotely expressed an opinion about them being Tamil first (or any other state), Indian next. i am serious! not once did this happen.

You cant be serious about not knowing what happened during fight for independence in South India. While we are still at it, I thought I would let you know (just in case you didnt know), Tamil Nadu was born only after independence. Prior to independence, it was called Madras Presidency where the southern states were put together which are now Kerala, Andhra, Telangana, Karnataka or whatever. All of them fought actively in their own regions. I am surprised you are of the opinion that "they got it easy and never had to do anything". You want me to name a few...Aurobindo (surely you heard about him!), Subramania Bharati, VVS Ayiar, Chitambaram Pillai come to my mind.

Tamils also formed a significant percentage in Indian National Army founded by Subhas Chandra Bose. Non cooperation movement was actively undertaken in Madras Presidency. You saying Tamils did nothing is saying complete south India did nothing.
You really believe that just a handful of states up North got you independence? If yes, then I do suggest you re-read history. Every single (now) state was involved in its own way.
Old August 17th, 2018, 05:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

I am sure you heard about poems by Subramanya Bharati. He wrote so many anti-British poems encouraging youth to participate the revolutionary movement against British Raj. Eventually they issued an arrest warrant to prevent him from writing further. A pen has the capacity to move thousands of people and it did.

I can go on and on. While i respect the fact that North had its own share of struggles during independence, snubbing people from Tamil Nadu saying they didnt do a thing can be termed as unawareness or even ignorance.
Old August 17th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Arrow Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Tamil now unable to find employment in India outside of their state.. some admitted this fact.
I too have noticed as a student myself as well as in my teaching profession, Tamilians are the weakest of students. Tamilians becoming toppers is out of question. If they don't fail, that would be an achievement for Tamil students.

It's puzzling. Aren't Tamilians a community of scientists, mathematicians and software engineers? Then how come they fare so badly in schools and colleges?

I suspect due to their inferiority complex there's a conspiracy of creating a hoax of missile, space and nuclear programmes dominated by Tamil scientists.
Old August 17th, 2018, 06:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
I am sure you heard about poems by Subramanya Bharati. He wrote so many anti-British poems encouraging youth to participate the revolutionary movement against British Raj. Eventually they issued an arrest warrant to prevent him from writing further. A pen has the capacity to move thousands of people and it did.

I can go on and on. While i respect the fact that North had its own share of struggles during independence, snubbing people from Tamil Nadu saying they didnt do a thing can be termed as unawareness or even ignorance.
Poems are not freedom struggle. Even the British agent Gandhi did more.
Old August 17th, 2018, 06:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
Poems are not freedom struggle. Even the British agent Gandhi did more.
So what is freedom struggle? Should he have instead took a sword and get killed swiftly or inspire 1000's to join the movement? Which would have benefited the country more?
From what i see, his strength was a pen, not a sword. So he picked it. If your strength is xyz, do that. You need mind and muscle any given day. Muscle without mind will not get you far.
Old August 17th, 2018, 06:37 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, looks like I am. Iím not happy with ingratefuls who are hell bent to break our country .. in conversations I noticed more and more Tamils are anti-India .. most people in India are Indian first and then Punjabi or Telugu or Marathi .. but Tamils are thinking they are a gift to the world. When in fact they got freedom quite easy, never had to do anything. Name a few freedom fighters from Tamil Nadu.. nobody can tell. Deep inside they all agree with the idea to create Tamil country taking most of south India and Sri Lanka with it. Only other people are Kashmiris and some Muslims who think about India as a different country, not their own. Itís all a product of conditioning from childhood.

reminded me of an old news item.
Defending his inviting JKLF chief Yasin Malik for a pro-Tamil meeting in Cuddalore last week, Naam Tamilar chief Seeman today said JKLF was not a banned organisation and there was nothing wrong in inviting his "Kashmiri brother" to Tamil Nadu.
Old August 17th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
I too have noticed as a student myself as well as in my teaching profession, Tamilians are the weakest of students. Tamilians becoming toppers is out of question. If they don't fail, that would be an achievement for Tamil students.

It's puzzling. Aren't Tamilians a community of scientists, mathematicians and software engineers? Then how come they fare so badly in schools and colleges?

I suspect due to their inferiority complex there's a conspiracy of creating a hoax of missile, space and nuclear programmes dominated by Tamil scientists.
I cannot answer vague statements like this which are not backed by any valid source. To expect a rational response, please make a reasonably rational argument.
Old August 17th, 2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
I am truly saddened to see your stance on Tamils. Not that it makes any difference but i am writing this with a hope that you would stop for a second and reevaluate your hatred towards Tamils.

i am yet to come across a single Indian in my whole life who thought or even remotely expressed an opinion about them being Tamil first (or any other state), Indian next. i am serious! not once did this happen.

You cant be serious about not knowing what happened during fight for independence in South India. While we are still at it, I thought I would let you know (just in case you didnt know), Tamil Nadu was born only after independence. Prior to independence, it was called Madras Presidency where the southern states were put together which are now Kerala, Andhra, Telangana, Karnataka or whatever. All of them fought actively in their own regions. I am surprised you are of the opinion that "they got it easy and never had to do anything". You want me to name a few...Aurobindo (surely you heard about him!), Subramania Bharati, VVS Ayiar, Chitambaram Pillai come to my mind.

Tamils also formed a significant percentage in Indian National Army founded by Subhas Chandra Bose. Non cooperation movement was actively undertaken in Madras Presidency. You saying Tamils did nothing is saying complete south India did nothing.
You really believe that just a handful of states up North got you independence? If yes, then I do suggest you re-read history. Every single (now) state was involved in its own way.
I have met many Tamils in my last 15 yrs in USA who don't think of India first.. I was "very" moved by the discussion with this Tamil colleague, in no unclear words he said and I quote, "Tamil Nadu was shoved into India in 1947, we are not part of Indian culture, our language, culture, clothing doesn't match, our ideas don't match, our money is being eaten and given to waste north states like UP and Bihar, our due of Cauvery water is not given to us" .. It's one thing to think it, but here's a 45 yrs old man who must be teaching the same to his children.. The conviction with which he said was very striking to me .. I've seen most other Tamils mention similar sentiments .. none of them show up for Indian independence functions.. some questioned why we are living in US and still going there. This conversation only confirmed what I've been feeling for years about the Tamil people. Tamils have even commented we don't need India.. India needs us.

I talked about it to some non-tamil colleagues, a couple were present when we had the original discussion .. they confirmed many Tamil think that way.

Of course there must be a few Tamil freedom fighters, but none prominent.. nor their effect can be seen in general populace.
Old August 17th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I have met many Tamils in my last 15 yrs in USA who don't think of India first.. I was "very" moved by the discussion with this Tamil colleague, in no unclear words he said and I quote, "Tamil Nadu was shoved into India in 1947, we are not part of Indian culture, our language, culture, clothing doesn't match, our ideas don't match, our money is being eaten and given to waste north states like UP and Bihar, our due of Cauvery water is not given to us" .. It's one thing to think it, but here's a 45 yrs old man who must be teaching the same to his children.. The conviction with which he said was very striking to me .. I've seen most other Tamils mention similar sentiments .. none of them show up for Indian independence functions.. some questioned why we are living in US and still going there. This conversation only confirmed what I've been feeling for years about the Tamil people. Tamils have even commented we don't need India.. India needs us.

I talked about it to some non-tamil colleagues, a couple were present when we had the original discussion .. they confirmed many Tamil think that way.

Of course there must be a few Tamil freedom fighters, but none prominent.. nor their effect can be seen in general populace.
Well obviously your colleague is wrong. You do know that right? Tamil Nadu is very much a part of India and will remain so. I never lived in Tamil Nadu myself but believe me when I say, I would stand up for every state when it needs a defence. And I do have people who are close to me live in Tamil Nadu and they are one of the best people you would ever meet.
We do seem to have met extreme anti-Indian people, that is unfortunate. I am yet to see a single state whose language, food, clothing matches with the rest of the country. Every state is unique. Do not judge the whole state and people living in it just because you happen to come across some nut-heads living in US.

having born in South, I do know a lot of prominent freedom fighters. We tend to know people from our local areas better than people from a different geographical location. For example, i can go on and on about what Aurobindo did, just like you would know about, say, Tilak. their effect was seen in the Madras Presidency.
Old August 17th, 2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Well obviously your colleague is wrong. You do know that right? Tamil Nadu is very much a part of India and will remain so. I never lived in Tamil Nadu myself but believe me when I say, I would stand up for every state when it needs a defence. And I do have people who are close to me live in Tamil Nadu and they are one of the best people you would ever meet.
We do seem to have met extreme anti-Indian people, that is unfortunate. I am yet to see a single state whose language, food, clothing matches with the rest of the country. Every state is unique. Do not judge the whole state and people living in it just because you happen to come across some nut-heads living in US.

having born in South, I do know a lot of prominent freedom fighters. We tend to know people from our local areas better than people from a different geographical location. For example, i can go on and on about what Aurobindo did, just like you would know about, say, Tilak. their effect was seen in the Madras Presidency.
It's not really hate on my part but deep disappointment.. As they say, the weakest link breaks the chain. Everybody has complains and India is not perfect, but then neither US nor Canada or any country is perfect.

Aurobindo and Adi Shankaracharya stressed on how India is one from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, from Gujarat to Arunachal .. made up of same fabric with variety .. was surprised how even Hinduism was missed out as common even though languages were different.
Old August 17th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not really hate on my part but deep disappointment.. As they say, the weakest link breaks the chain. Everybody has complains and India is not perfect, but then neither US nor Canada or any country is perfect.

Aurobindo and Adi Shankaracharya stressed on how India is one from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, from Gujarat to Arunachal .. made up of same fabric with variety .. was surprised how even Hinduism was missed out as common even though languages were different.
Sarvumaushakti pai, your arguments presented here, in fact, go against you and give validity to the frustrations of the madrasi. Not all madrasis can be as rational and patient and tolerant as Ahsimaika tai. And eventually these frustrations vent out... as your esteemed 45-year old colleague eventually vented out.

Tell me, how many times have we had this same argument on echarcha... about freedom fighters from the south. But has your knowledge and perception changed Nope... 70 years later, we still seem to be having the same annual discussion... all freedom fighters were from north and madrasis were just sucking b*lls during the independence movement.

If these are the arguments from a buzurg educated bhaiya... then where do we stand with the anpadh political bhaiyas of North India

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless