eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old October 17th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tanushree Dutta Nana Patekar controversy---Bollywood's 'meetoo' moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
^^ Aashika ji, this murder analogy does not apply.. somebody was murdered, this may or may not be discovered.. but somebody harassing you could be reported right away.

In most #metoo cases even if it was sexual harassment, these women bore it to reap some benefits in career.. now for some reasons they are coming out now without a shred of proof, and without even a formal complaint.

The guy in the video bares these so called victims .. why did these influential women not report things right when they happened? And what's the reason for reporting now?

There are plenty examples, some quite sad, of women who reported and suffered. I know of a case which went for several years. This #metoo movement is pretty much a replica of Award wapsi, what's amazing is, is that the folks speaking most about it, or reporting it, as the same group. That really makes me question the intentions.
Sarvi, read my post#71.

That's why they done come through the day it happens. I am not saying take their word for it; there of course has to be a trial.
Old October 17th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion on this whether or not a person should be tried in court is this:
He/she absolutely should be tried in the court of law regardless of the timeline of the crime because a crime is a crime that needs punishment. The Statute of Limitation should be unlimited for a sexual assault. Within the sexual assault there are many categories; I am taking rape, forcing the person to go down, penetration etc.
Inappropriate touch may or maynot be a criminal offence depending on the age but there cannot be a Law of limitation when it comes to sexual assaults.
Maybe a civil law can have a limitation but not a criminal offence. If it’s a criminal offence now, let it be the same for…forever.

You commit a crime, you be prepared for punishment. Simple as that.
Old October 17th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Question about why it was not reported earlier does not have any significance. The harrassment is always shocking. Victim may not have courage that time. Even now women are coming out because they saw others coming out.
So it is ok to come out even after a decade.
Old October 17th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
^^ Aashika ji, this murder analogy does not apply.. somebody was murdered, this may or may not be discovered.. but somebody harassing you could be reported right away.

In most #metoo cases even if it was sexual harassment, these women bore it to reap some benefits in career.. now for some reasons they are coming out now without a shred of proof, and without even a formal complaint.

The guy in the video bares these so called victims .. why did these influential women not report things right when they happened? And what's the reason for reporting now?

There are plenty examples, some quite sad, of women who reported and suffered. I know of a case which went for several years. This #metoo movement is pretty much a replica of Award wapsi, what's amazing is, is that the folks speaking most about it, or reporting it, as the same group. That really makes me question the intentions.
And Sarvi, these young men and women were not famous or influential back then.

Again, I am not saying take their word for it, I am saying, whatever be the reason for not reporting an assault, ensure to serve justice.

And really, we are talking 20 years ago. India back then was as blind as a bat when it comes to serving justice to women. OK...maybe I am exaggerating but even now in many parts of the country women do not have a voice. It could also be a life and death question or life and career option.
I think its unfair to judge a woman/man for choosing to have a career. Dont we all know that an influential man/woman can make or break an upcoming star? This is upper hand these people have. Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey, Alok nath...all these influential people. You cannot possibly think you would be taken seriously if an upcoming start tries to report it?

whats that lady's name in Andhra that took her blouse off? A LOT of people accused her that she is lying, she is after fame, she is fat etc etc
what happened when she spoke up days after the incident? A big fat nothing. She was defamed and now no producer wants anything to do with her.
Now lets say, Aishwarya Rai comes out and says something about the same producers? wouldnt we have taken her more seriously???
Old October 17th, 2018, 03:08 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

^^ it takes guts to do sexual harassment and it takes guts to report it.. a nobody trainee reported rape on the bigshot Tarun Tejpal.. and he was in jail right away.

All it takes is conviction..
Old October 17th, 2018, 06:57 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of WhatsApp messages about the founder of metoo movement

Old October 18th, 2018, 04:03 AM

Biggest cause of #metoo has expired

Old October 18th, 2018, 05:07 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ispe purana sher yaad aaya....

Mai to akela chal raha tha meri manzil kee taraf

Magar DNA test hotey gaye aur karwaan badhta gaya
Old October 18th, 2018, 05:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

:O I hope they leave a part of his hair so that more DNA tests can be carried out in the future.
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Sane, so, stretching this a little further. Say abcd murdered xyz 10 years ago. It came out today. abcd since then joined an ashram. But xyz can never come back.
should abcd be punished for taking a life or he should not even be tried in court?

edit: I apologise if you already answered this question in any of the threads. Just humour me and let me know.
No apologies required. Even if I have answered before, I will answer again... and my answer may not be the same as before... why because "a mind is like a river and thoughts are like the two banks". I keep forgetting to use that as my signature.

I am inclined to have two strains of thoughts here... and I have not fully formed either one... so bear with me.

As SarviSurety pai mentions and you seem to agree with too, one is that which is a minor civil disobedience. So raise so much hue and cry about who touched where and what is a big nuisance... and unnecessary raking of dirt. People have moved on and lives have changed. Some for the good... some for the worse... and neither because of that incident.

The other strain of thought is about crime. Should a crime be reported. For this I have to fall back on to nature. What would nature think of this? How does nature behave? Nature causes the most calamities in the world single-handed. Does she every apologize? Do we ever blame her? Do we ever raise an issue years after the calamity has occurred?

No no no, I am not comparing nature with the evil-doers of the past. Not at all. It is just that nature also is something we admire for its beauty and its peacefulness. It calms us down... and eventually everything settles down. There is a lot of horror in nature... everywhere everytime. But immediately after the horror is... a nice siesta time after a big meal.

Again, no no no. I am still not comparing nature with people. But people do change. People do regret things that they have done in the past. And we have created laws that ensure that people do not repeat such crimes... and that people do indeed change for the better. If someone has committed a crime 20 years ago... and is still committing those (or other) crimes... please punish them appropriately. But life has moved on... both for the victim and the culprit. Balance has been achieved. The turmoil of the past has subsided... and peace and quiet has returned.

Now begin the raking. What is going to be achieved by it Just more turmoil. Whereas the philosophy of life... and of nature... is to attain peace. To attain happiness. Not going to happen this way. If a serious crime has been committed and you have serious evidence then bring it on. And get the culprit punished. But just raking a tidbit... and a whole ruckus... and then slithering away while the world is enrolled in a storm... is not the way.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless

Last edited by Sane Less; October 18th, 2018 at 10:11 AM.
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

So Ashikta tai, answer me this now. Heard that MJ Akbar and Alok Nath has filed cases against the people who claim that the two have harassed them. And heard that there are protests going on, with Congress party jumping on the bandwagon, that they should not be given such a right. And of course, Congress party is blaming Modi for giving the two a chance to file a case. So, what do you think of this... and who do you support? MJ and AN's right to file a case... or that they should not be allowed to do this?

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
So Ashikta tai, answer me this now. Heard that MJ Akbar and Alok Nath has filed cases against the people who claim that the two have harassed them. And heard that there are protests going on, with Congress party jumping on the bandwagon, that they should not be given such a right. And of course, Congress party is blaming Modi for giving the two a chance to file a case. So, what do you think of this... and who do you support? MJ and AN's right to file a case... or that they should not be allowed to do this?
Of course I support MJ and AM! They should absolutely have the right to defend themselves; If filing a harassment case buys them time to get their side of things in line, by all means do it. Wont we all do it? Not just for a case 10/20/30 years ago but even for a case that is happening right now. You simply cannot accuse a person and not give him/her a right to get a lawyer.

Reg whether or not a Law of limitation should apply, I think we will have to agree to disagree Sane. We both rather elaborately, expressed out point of views.