eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old October 12th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Serious Anthrax Threat: How to handle suspicious mail?

The latest discovery of one more Anthrax case in New York City is really frightening.

I am sur ethe authorities are hard at work trying to trace the source and prevent further spread.

But in such a situation how do we help and protect ourselves?

I had the following in mind; please add more to the list:

In case you get suspicious mail or mail from a an unknown source-

1) Do not open the evelope
2) Trash it

I am now worried about opening mails which come from regualr junk mailers like Publuisher's Clearing house or Credit ard companies.

I used to open the junk mail to ensure that they are not sending some offers wherein you receive some gifts or trial versions of magazine or CD's some such thing and then you have thirty days to cancel them. I have been duped once before and so I open the junk mail to make sure that I dont get such offers.

Now with thi santhrax scare, what should I do ?
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Junior eCharchan

ProudHindu is on a distinguished road
"Don't apply powder...

anywhere on the body.. If it is must and should(kahin itching to) use shower-to-shower only.You can find whether shower-to-shower is fake or not by looking at the bottom there is mark like this:--- which confirms that it is not fake.

Note :- if you can't see the sign it means you are fake
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

aryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to behold
how about handling suspcious e-MAIL?

kidding
but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:33 PM
Senior eCharchan

mj007 is a name known to allmj007 is a name known to allmj007 is a name known to allmj007 is a name known to allmj007 is a name known to allmj007 is a name known to all
call FBI

call FBI or forward that email to FBI...without touching or opening it...

IT person from FBI will come with detection and curing software and check the email..and then u can see the email or female whatever it is...

Kal jake kisiko laga ki uski Date ke paas koi powder hai
to kye FBI ko pahale uske sath date pe jana pade ga aur phi apun..

sala FBI agent ki maja hai phir......
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:39 PM

Re: Serious Anthrax Threat: How to handle suspicious mail?

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
I am now worried about opening mails which come from regualr junk mailers like Publuisher's Clearing house or Credit ard companies.

I used to open the junk mail to ensure that they are not sending some offers wherein you receive some gifts or trial versions of magazine or CD's some such thing and then you have thirty days to cancel them. I have been duped once before and so I open the junk mail to make sure that I dont get such offers.

Now with thi santhrax scare, what should I do ?
Sutradhar, you are not obligated to pay for anything unless you accept to pay for them either in writing or on phone.

But, looks like you are tempted to get magazines for 30 days in mail for free .....

Did someone not just recently say that echarcha.com is run by a Gujju? sutraddhar, are you a gujju? you did once say that your wife is !!

Old October 12th, 2001, 01:41 PM

Re: Call your secular neighbour to open mail

Quote:
Originally posted by rakhwala
Call your secular neighbour to open mail

Otherwise you can give mail to always crying people here on echarcha site.
Good one!! .... or give back to the videsee it came from
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:51 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Serious Anthrax Threat: How to handle suspicious mail?

Quote:
Originally posted by eNRI

Sutradhar, you are not obligated to pay for anything unless you accept to pay for them either in writing or on phone.

But, looks like you are tempted to get magazines for 30 days in mail for free .....

Did someone not just recently say that echarcha.com is run by a Gujju? sutraddhar, are you a gujju? you did once say that your wife is !!

Arye eNRI bhai,

Once I had been duped by a music CD club. I know that most mails cannot charge you without your approval. But many new mails come from companies who send you the opt-out clause and if you dont sign it and send it, they continue their trash mail. I just wanted to make sure that more trash does not come int.

But with the latest anthrax threat I think I will just trash junk mail and risk getting on more junk mail lists.

And yes... I am Maharshtrian and my wife is a Gujju .. but her influence is everywhere .. except offcourse eCharcha.Com - and I have her permission to say this
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Serious Anthrax Threat: How to handle suspicious mail?

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha

Arye eNRI bhai,

Once I had been duped by a music CD club. I know that most mails cannot charge you without your approval. But many new mails come from companies who send you the opt-out clause and if you dont sign it and send it, they continue their trash mail. I just wanted to make sure that more trash does not come int.

But with the latest anthrax threat I think I will just trash junk mail and risk getting on more junk mail lists.

And yes... I am Maharshtrian and my wife is a Gujju .. but her influence is everywhere .. except offcourse eCharcha.Com - and I have her permission to say this
No, it doesn't work that way. Sometimes you sign up for a FREE offer and agree to receive and view subsequent mailings and need not pay if you return them unused. People like the FREE stuff but don't want to pay for the other stuff and so must open and return subsequent mailings.

Since your wife is a Gujju, let HER open all the junk mail.
Old October 12th, 2001, 01:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Call your secular neighbour to open mail

Quote:
Originally posted by eNRI

Good one!! .... or give back to the videsee it came from
Jamaadaar Bhaiyya, Jamaadaar Bhaiyya.... woh second floor kay bathroom ka drain pipe clog ho gaya hai..zara dekhaingay?
Old October 12th, 2001, 02:05 PM

Talking Big G, This was an unprovoked personal attack

But, that's all you are capapble of on a discussion board.

... and you call yourself gifted
Old October 12th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
AB gussa kyoon ho rahey ho?...ok sorry...baad mein aa jaanaa... theek hai?
Old October 12th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Unhappy Big-G and eNRI

Please friends.... lets not derail a serious topic.

I have some time today after hectic job search today and lets not fall prey to something started off by rakhwala