eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > TV and Radio

Notices

TV and Radio Whats up with your favorite show?

Old February 28th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down HBO Series - True Detective Season 3 - Unsatisfactory conclusion

True Detective has been a HBO original series and this year it was season 3.

Season 1 was good, really good.

Season 2 was a flop. Totally banal and boring.

Season 3 was mildly interesting.
The series was about two detectives trying to find what happened to a little girl of 12 years age and who killed her 10 year brother in a remote Arkansas town.

The problem with the series was that there were two different time period flashbacks. The 1980 flashback when the crime happened, the 1990 flashback when the investigation was reopened and then the 2015 time period when the series is supposed to be filmed.

Too much back and forth, too much time spent on developing the characters and their backgrounds and so on. The actual mystery/suspense of the crime was very quickly done with in the final 8th episode.

I am slowly coming to a conclusion that unless the story has been written by a good author as a novel and it has become a hit, a series on crime and suspense is hardly worth the time.

Very few writers can create a great show without first writing a novel. For example, the show Bodyguard was just awesome. I don't think there was a novel first. On the other hand shows like Bosch are just so damn good because the novels that were adapted were awesome!

My suggestion/recommendation to HBO - Stop creating some supposedly 'noir' and 'serious' content and pass it on as a great crime series! Learn from other shows mentioned here.
Old March 8th, 2019, 02:20 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HBO Series - True Detective Season 3 - Unsatisfactory conclusion

I have seen both one and two

shall I give this one pass?

jeetIAF
Old March 8th, 2019, 02:20 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

jeetIAF
Old March 8th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can give it a pass.. Its ... same crap like Amazon's Homecoming.. Much ado about nothing!
Old March 8th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post

jeetIAF
Watch Ozark instead.