eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old April 28th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Junior eCharchan

pakoda is on a distinguished road
Old April 28th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question What is this picture?

What is the relevance to this thread??
Old April 28th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What is this picture?

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha
What is the relevance to this thread??
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU SUNIT

Why dont you just put an end to this matter by saying marathas dont have reservations
You are a 96k yourself ..were in an engg college
did u get in due to reservation?

I am neither a maratha nor a brahman
so im an not on anyones side here
BUT

je khara ahey te khara ahey... mag SAANG NAH..andi tond band kar saglyancha

Jai Bhavani
Jai Shivaji
Old April 28th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Junior eCharchan

kobra is on a distinguished road
my parents did not allow me to marry marwadis because
since they were not learned in vedas, their sanskar are
"different". nothing to do with money.
secondly marwadis are generally not rich. most of the sweet vendors are marwadis. are they rich?

jagat are you maratha?

chirag, you claim you are not. then what are you?
Old April 28th, 2002, 11:25 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Angry jobra you are the pits

why are you interested in caste of eCharchans??

Let me clarify something because I am a 96 Kuli Maratha. We Marathas do not have reservations in any government program like college admissions or jobs because we are not from backward class as you say. I wish that I was in reserved category so that despite scoring very high at the HSC exams I would not have to take up admission in a college other than the one I wanted and deserved. The reservation system has screwed the hard working students and if I cannot change it then I might as well take advantage of it.

kobra if your only aim here is to start with caste based posts then buzz off. We log all IP's and range of IP's. So if you think you can annoy eCharchans all the time and come back with different id's then forget it. Seriously I am no mood to placate and soothe folks... so be careful!
Old April 28th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Junior eCharchan

kobra is on a distinguished road
i think echarcha is a brahmin bashing group....
...i have seen such posts myself....
...no one objects to that.....

...but if its the other way round, then everyone starts using bad language...being uppercaste is like being a criminal...

...no need to tell me about IP logging....
...i dont think i will come on this forum again anyways after seeing so many upper caste bashers here...

...so i will not get any other ID if you disable mine ....

.... i dont want to give out names otherwise i would have
given out the name of a 96k gentleman who got reservation based admission...

anyways, its not important now...bye ...
Old April 28th, 2002, 11:46 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Talking kobra

we are not a Brahmin bashing forum . For that matter we dont bash anyone excepts poor sports like you who start whining right from the onset

If you wish to go... go! bye bye

Looser!!!
Old April 29th, 2002, 12:57 AM
Junior eCharchan

bekal is on a distinguished road
kobra

Kobra,

Pls don't go, come back.

I want some consultancy from you.

Which is the best bra for men?
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Red face dint go thru the entire post...

but a man is known by his deeds n not his caste, religion,gotra or whatever and to me shivaji was a gr8 soul
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Re: dint go thru the entire post...

Quote:
Originally posted by vyomkeshsaxena
but a man is known by his deeds n not his caste, religion,gotra or whatever and to me shivaji was a gr8 soul
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
I am fortunate enough to have been born in a broad-minded family. Right from the start, I was given the freedom to marry a person of my choice. However, if my parents had insisted that I marry a person from my community (GSB), being the rebellious peron I am, I would have made sure that I married someone from a different community.
Old April 29th, 2002, 02:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

I believe it is not a person's birth or the work he does that makes him a Brahmin or Shudra, but his thinking. A person who thinks in a narrow-minded and mean manner, is a Shudra (lowly), according to me.

Last edited by Netra; April 29th, 2002 at 02:51 AM.
Old April 29th, 2002, 02:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

I find it indeed shocking, Jagat, that people are encouraging the caste system, even today. Kobra is not the only one. A number of my relatives in India, make sure that the would-be belongs to the same community as they do. It is downright disgusting.
Old April 29th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute
Marriage outside caste was not recommended (now a days "permitted" is the word being used) in the olden times for the reasons mentioned below:

1. To maintain compatibility of the two individuals as difference in culture/habits/rituals etc.. may cause problems. All the training the girl's family imparted to the girl will be useful more in the same community.

2. To strengthen the community. Like for example, people hesitate to give a girl in marriage outside the community even today. That is because, by convention, the girl will now belong to the new community. This is a practice in many other religions too.

3. Continue with the same faith. Otherwise the girl may have to accept different faith.

Now a days, we can see that compatibility is not such an issue as regards to caste/community. Now the community structure has actually more weakened than in the past and maybe for good. And las but not the least, and of course the truth, people have less faith (some folks may not like this). So, now limiting marriages within community does not make much sence, unless one just want to do it for the sake of pleasing elders in the family.

So, whether Shivaji was a shudra or not would be useful only when Shivaji were alive and was looking for a bride. I wonder why other people here are so confused??
Old April 29th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by krantikari
So, whether Shivaji was a shudra or not would be useful only when Shivaji were alive and was looking for a bride. I wonder why other people here are so confused??
u r not hitting the keyword kranti pai...no onez confused here....lemme clarify by giving a small example...if u..kobra or whomsoever was adopted by a person of low caste right from ur birth n nurtured u with utmost care n never gave a single chance for u to complain that u r adopted n one day ur real parents turn up n feel sorry to abandon u n in goodwill the person who took care of u hands u to ur iriginal parents..then what,being a major, will be ur reaction...
1) will u reject ur original parents bcoz this shudra person gave u much more that even ur high-caste parents wouldnt have given

or
2) u will merily go with ur parents n start hating the low-caste guardian n never look to him again...just bcoz he was a shudra or somethin

in my opinion kobra etc would have definitely opted for second point

in the same way shivaji was a gr8 ruler who worked for the welfare of people...n sparking a debate whether he was a shudra..maratha is a black-spot on his image..instead a thread on this gr8 ruler's good policies would have done justice to this gr8 soul...

chatrapati shivaji ki jai
bharat mata ki jai

disclaimer- i'em not a maratha/maharashtrian (this is bcoz some caste/religious fanatics will blast me in posts to come n i wanted to atleast steer clear of atleast this comment)

Last edited by vyomkeshsaxena; April 29th, 2002 at 04:26 AM.