eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old March 19th, 2017, 12:09 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's movie review---Beauty and the beast

Once upon a time ( this archetypal start means that this is nothing but a fairy tale ) there was a good looking prince ( played by Dan Stevens ) . But he was also arrogant , so arrogant that he refused an enchantress refuge in a snow storm . Angry , she cursed him to become a beast and his entourage to become just pieces of furniture and the castle in which they all lived to be forgotten in the midst of perpetual snow . In order to lift the curse , a beautiful girl has to fall in love with the beast before the petals of a rose the enchantress has planted all fall down .

In a village not far away there exists just such a girl ( played by Emma Watson ) . But a formidable obstacle exists in the form of another suitor ( played by Luke Evans ) who will do anything to get the girl . And that includes attempting to kill the beast . However fate has other plans , and the two lovers are destined to meet...

The film has been created with great attention paid to every small thing especially in the castle . The director sure is a perfectionist . The visual beauty of each and every chamber and the costumes is almost too good . The pieces of furniture ( who are nothing but humans cursed into become furniture ) sure make a bedlam while dancing .

Music is the high point of the film ; this fact is very important as the film is a musical . The music just keeps getting better and better as the movie progresses with the music director reserving the best for the climax . The scintillating music sure adds to the grandeur of the film .

Also photography is very good and every frame is rich with colour . The experience is heightened if you see it as I saw it---in IMAX 3D . The visuals of the interiors of the castle , of the snow outside , of both gentle as well as ferocious animals , of the green countryside and hills , of the beauty of the heroine---all are well captured on film .

Emotion is a strong point in the film too , and the film gets more and more high on emotion as the climax approaches ; the emotion is nothing but pure love with pure hate and evil as obstacle....but what is a film without struggle between good and bad .

What could be more debatable is the necessity of the over political correctness of the film . Did blacks really get to mix and dance as equals in the eighteenth century with whites as shown in the film ? Were interracial couples accepted so easily in those times as shown in the film ? The film's villain has a gay sidekick who eventually meets a similarly inclined partner , albeit only for a brief moment ; but what was the need for an old fairy tale to have it's gay moment ?

But the enjoyment of the film is not marred by the debatable issues , and I liked it especially towards the end . The film will be appreciated by those with a yen for romance , and women may make a beeline for the movie in the theatres---as indeed they already have .

Verdict---Good .

Three and a half stars .
Old March 19th, 2017, 02:11 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Beauty and the beast

Apna Bachcha log have a school trip for this movie.
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:04 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Apna Bachcha log have a school trip for this movie.
Animation movie?
Old March 19th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

No, regular kind. Here's a trailer:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Ended up watching it with a few other friends at a nearby drive-in theater on Friday evening. It was fun, but I watched more of Kong on the other screen at a distance.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 11:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Ended up watching it with a few other friends at a nearby drive-in theater on Friday evening. It was fun, but I watched more of Kong on the other screen at a distance.
Always trust a desi to watch 2 or more movies for the price of one
Old March 23rd, 2017, 12:35 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post

Sent from my iPhone.
Old March 24th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post

I AGREE

dont you have to tune in to hear the sound?
Old March 24th, 2017, 07:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I want to watch this movie. Gaston is my all time favourite and want to see how his role is played for him.

Belle of course, the beauty who loves books.
Old March 24th, 2017, 07:08 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
I knew some desi guys who would go in early morning on Sunday, watch 2 or 3 movies for the price of a low cost ticket. Since they don't check once you're in the theatre which hall you go to.
Old March 24th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I knew some desi guys who would go in early morning on Sunday, watch 2 or 3 movies for the price of a low cost ticket. Since they don't check once you're in the theatre which hall you go to.
what an idea sirji. It didnt occur to me
Old March 24th, 2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
what an idea sirji. It didnt occur to me
btw, t-mobile has $2 movies deal on Tuesdays. Don't know about Canada though.

With movies tickets prices gone through the roof.. redbox and netflix is all the movies I watch.
Old March 24th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
btw, t-mobile has $2 movies deal on Tuesdays. Don't know about Canada though.

With movies tickets prices gone through the roof.. redbox and netflix is all the movies I watch.
I hear ya. When we went to Star Wars...we ended up spending $120 for movie, pop, popcorn and some snacks. For 2 adults.
Old March 24th, 2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I hear ya. When we went to Star Wars...we ended up spending $120 for movie, pop, popcorn and some snacks. For 2 adults.
I think Canada is crazy costly.. in US you would spend less than half for all the things you listed.
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I think Canada is crazy costly.. in US you would spend less than half for all the things you listed.
It also depends on the movie I think.
I remember it was this expensive during Harry Potter movies too.
Old March 24th, 2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
It also depends on the movie I think.
I remember it was this expensive during Harry Potter movies too.
hmm.. I didn't know that. I guess in US it depends only on the theatre and if it's 3D or some special HD screen. There's also tickets you can purchase at Sam's club and Costco which save you some money, have never paid more than 10 bucks for a ticket. And I was thinking 10 bucks is costly for a movie, US is spoiling me.