eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old January 18th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Are Govt Awards jokes on people who get them ?

I came across this video where Actor Pran is being given Dada Saheb Phalke award at his residence by the then minister Manish Tiwari.
Getting an award at the age of 93 has no meaning specially when you are weak and health is failing. Forget celebrating getting the award I think he never even understood what was going around him

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Why is this award always given when an actor is close to death ?
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are Govt Awards jokes on people who get them ?

I think the point is not whether or not they are able to celebrate. Its to identify the achievement. Why do you think its a joke?
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:48 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I think the point is not whether or not they are able to celebrate. Its to identify the achievement. Why do you think its a joke?
But Dada Saheb Phalke is the highest award and taking Pran's example he had retired almost 30 years before his death so did it take that long to recognize his talents ? I dont have the data right now but a joke goes around saying that an actor's death is due when an award is announced in his name.
And why should one not celebrate the recognization of one's achievement ?
Old January 19th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
But Dada Saheb Phalke is the highest award and taking Pran's example he had retired almost 30 years before his death so did it take that long to recognize his talents ? I dont have the data right now but a joke goes around saying that an actor's death is due when an award is announced in his name.
And why should one not celebrate the recognization of one's achievement ?
I am not suggesting we should not celebrate an achievement. I am saying that the recognition maynot be solely for the purpose of celebration.
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Banned

prajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant future

They missed giving award to shammi kapoor, but when I saw that entire video of giving award to Shashi kapoor ( @ 2+ yrs ago ) and by Arun Jeitly going to HIS HOME,.. sounded and seemed little bit awkward and inappropriate,… !
As, Govt agency should never go to guy’s home and celebrate over there,.... No matter he is Mukesh Ambani but should call the nominee at its own venue, somewhere else,.. either him, if he’s able to, or his relatives can collect that award.,…
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajapati View Post
They missed giving award to shammi kapoor, but when I saw that entire video of giving award to Shashi kapoor ( @ 2+ yrs ago ) and by Arun Jeitly going to HIS HOME,.. sounded and seemed little bit awkward and inappropriate, !
As, Govt agency should never go to guys home and celebrate over there,.... No matter he is Mukesh Ambani but should call the nominee at its own venue, somewhere else,.. either him, if hes able to, or his relatives can collect that award.,
I was reading about this award and how Raj Kapoor lost his life because of his travelling to recieve the award in Delhi
Quote:
Raj Kapoor suffered from asthma in his later years; he died of complications related to asthma in 1988 at the age of 63. He collapsed at the event where he was to receive the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, and was taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for treatment. He was hospitalised for about a month before he succumbed to complications arising from his asthma. At the time of his death, he was working on the movie Henna (an Indo-Pakistan based love story). The film was later completed by his sons Randhir and Rishi Kapoor and was released in 1991.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raj_Kapoor#Death
His oxygen cylinder was not allowed in the hall due to security reasons which aggrevated his astma and he collapsed which lead to his death after few weeks.
So Govt going to give the awards is atleast some relief to the ailing actors as the awards are given only when the person is close to death.
Now me confused whether you have a communist mentality or dictator mentality when you say govt should not go to give the award
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Banned

prajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant futureprajapati has a brilliant future

Quote:
I came across this video where Actor Pran is being given Dada Saheb Phalke award at his residence by the then minister Manish ....

I agree, this awardfication should have been little bit earlier,...

Also,...If it's not any private awards but from the Govt of India, it does not seem and sound great, going to the person's house,..

Surprisingly,..... hardly 2-4 yrs ago ( from this video ) or so ( if I am right ) Pran was seen sitting next to Darasingh and enjoying one other award function show, and at that time,.. it took me quite a while to recognize him,
but his condition was quite well, comparatively.

Well,... following guys/gals already passed away,..
Pran, devanad, shammi kapoor, rajesh khanna, jagjeet singh, dara singh, sadhna, and many others in last 5 yrs or so,..

Next in line, be.... Shashi Kapoor and Dilip Kumar.. I guess,...
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
I was reading about this award and how Raj Kapoor lost his life because of his travelling to recieve the award in Delhi

His oxygen cylinder was not allowed in the hall due to security reasons which aggrevated his astma and he collapsed which lead to his death after few weeks.
So Govt going to give the awards is atleast some relief to the ailing actors as the awards are given only when the person is close to death.
Now me confused whether you have a communist mentality or dictator mentality when you say govt should not go to give the award
Well,. firstly, they should arrange to honor at the right time, which I agree,... and not at 90+, and a person is in alshymer,..(sic)

It would not seem wise by Govt. authority who is going there as a Govt.'s authorized status-ful guy go to someone's private house, for celebration and naturally there happens some chai-paani, juice -sharbat, dinner,... exploration of his living style ( poverty or richness may it be ) does not seem good,.. Per Indian mentality this may seem quite ok,.. but any WEST livers will found this as faulty immediately,..

They had rather, put the guy on a video tape and show him ( like they always do ) and if possible to say few words,... and should show that clip and clips of his achievements, parody of songs and dialects, then let collect the award by his relatives,..

Why you have tons of pick on me ( personally )everything,.. on any view and vision provided,.. You are not forced to buy my opinions,.... Just say i do not agree in few and/or all areas mentioned and move on,.. everyone has his own,. and similarly I have mine and I am sooo ultra darn proud of my opinions, ( just like others ) as it comes from so much memory collected of my life-time, what I have heard about him/her from my little brain about that particular person,.. before building any opinion on him/her.
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
I agree, this awardfication should have been little bit earlier,...

Also,...If it's not any private awards but from the Govt of India, it does not seem and sound great, going to the person's house,..

Surprisingly,..... hardly 2-4 yrs ago ( from this video ) or so ( if I am right ) Pran was seen sitting next to Darasingh and enjoying one other award function show, and at that time,.. it took me quite a while to recognize him,
but his condition was quite well, comparatively.

Well,... following guys/gals already passed away,..
Pran, devanad, shammi kapoor, rajesh khanna, jagjeet singh, dara singh, sadhna, and many others in last 5 yrs or so,..

Next in line, be.... Shashi Kapoor and Dilip Kumar.. I guess,...
Thats an honor,Govt of India is for the people by the people and of the people. We are in a democracy and this gesture is touching.
Funny that you want old/sick persons to travel to Delhi to collect the award ?
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Banned

What is doing that state or city' s Govt? Can not it be transferred via right Govt authority to local Govt agency,... to arrange for a ceremony, and honour him or her under Delhi Govt's honor and logo and banner ? .... via and by Delhi's orders ?

We all vote at local govt centers,... and don't go to delhi to vote... ! Rt. ?
Old January 19th, 2017, 12:14 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

At least they gave it to Pran when he was alive.
Else Ambedkar, Sardar Patel got Bharat ratna decades after they died.
Old January 19th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

Imo, anyone who did not do any good really really charitable or useful for the mankind,… kinda job in favor of a nation
Say….. categories like, scientists, mother Teresa kinda activities, defense of the nation, sort of great men, Inventors of new useful researches, scientific inventions, free surgeries,.... and such,…

Rest, it’s all insult to the especially,.. govt awards,.. who made a business ( using the Indian population ), from you,...... be it a cricketers, singers, actors,… all who made fortunes, selling you, their profession,.. is a waste.
Of course they did feed and did provide us,.. the fun and entertainment,.. but so what ? they were selling their commodities/skills, and was their profession,…

Of course, I love Amtabh, Rekha and Aishwarya,. and grew up watching them for decades and have seen the motto, mania, influence, their impact and impression on human society but still would not prefer, seeing them,.. that, they r given any high national level of Govt. awards,.. !
Filmfare and stardust and such level of private crap is ok,...... If Had to choose between Kalaam and Big B for a president , I had said 1000+ times for Kalaam.

Last edited by prajapati; January 19th, 2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old January 19th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Imo, anyone who did not do any good really really charitable or useful for the mankind, kinda job in favor of a nation
Say.. categories like, scientists, mother Teresa kinda activities, defense of the nation, sort of great men, Inventors of new useful researches, scientific inventions, free surgeries,.... and such,

Rest, its all insult to the especially,.. govt awards,.. who made a business ( using the Indian population ), from you,...... be it a cricketers, singers, actors, all who made fortunes, selling you, their profession,.. is a waste.
Of course they did feed and did provide us,.. the fun and entertainment,.. but so what ? they were selling their commodities/skills, and was their profession,

Of course, I love Amtabh, Rekha and Aishwarya,. and grew up watching them for decades and have seen the motto, mania, influence, their impact and impression on human society but still would not prefer, seeing them,.. that, they r given any high national level of Govt. awards,.. !
Filmfare and stardust and such level of private crap is ok,...... If Had to choose between Kalaam and Big B for a president , I had said 1000+ times for Kalaam.

Your coment is the same as Om Puri said about our soldiers,cheap thinking and cheap mentality.
Old January 20th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Banned

Comment is not same, the subject, matter, venue, scenario, thoughts and story.... all is diff here,..

I personally, as my opinion, do not like ( my personal opinion ) any film hasti be given high level of national proud with national flag, ashok-stumbh, and such Govt logo related honors, unless you can afford to put mallika and sunny's photo in place of Gandhi on a rupee bill. Any high Govt. awrad to kachakde ki patti's nachaniya guys is simply a slap on our culture, soch and sanskriti,... So imho, let these two categories be at least diff. and it its own place and not compare C V Raman, J C Bose, S. chandra Bose, and Vikram Sarabhai with Amitabh and Rajkpoor. Coz there is no comparision here..

I may die-hard for Big B as my most favorite actor, who influenced me and me immensely n' raised me from my childhood, watching his motto, mania and aura and persona, but on the other hand I would also die-hard for not to see as a President,.. unless the public can afford to see those video clips, that on one side his president ceremony is going on,.. and he is doing chhed-khaani with girls in songs at low level and if it jives ok,... ! I do not even wanna see Smriti iirani as shikha-matri,.. unless his ceremony for a post is on, and govt can afford to show her rape scenes on TV serials on TV screen at the same time, and then introducing her as our shiksha -mantri.. .
Old January 21st, 2017, 07:28 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I came across this video where Actor Pran is being given Dada Saheb Phalke award at his residence by the then minister Manish Tiwari.
Getting an award at the age of 93 has no meaning specially when you are weak and health is failing. Forget celebrating getting the award I think he never even understood what was going around him

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

lifetime achievement awards are meant for aatma ki shaanti or to say 'sorry we didnt give any awards for your films. take this'. Dharam paaji conveyed the same when he got a lifetime achievement.