eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 19th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Wink FIR against Shah Rukh for comments against Islam

Should we be standing by SRK for speaking 'the truth'?

Quote:
FIR against Shah Rukh for comments against Islam
Agencies Posted online: Friday , Jun 19, 2009 at 1129 hrs

Mumbai : A complaint was lodged against Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan for allegedly making statements against Islam in a magazine.
“We have registered an FIR against Shah Rukh Khan after we received an application from an advocate who alleged that the actor made some statements hurting the sentiments of Muslims," senior police inspector of Bandra police station, Prakash George said.

The complaint was registered against Shah Rukh and the publisher of the magazine and the writer, he said.

"Complainant Khalid Babu Querishi alleged that in the July issue of the Time and Style magazine, Shah Rukh had used unparliamentary language against the Prophet which is unacceptable," George said.

The case was registered under section 295-a (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religion feelings or any class by insulting its religion beliefs) and 34 (acts done by several persons with common interest) of IPC.

LINK
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: FIR against Shah Rukh for comments against Islam

More on this ...

Quote:
Prophet comment controversy: SRK says 'writing error'
Agencies Posted online: Friday , Jun 19, 2009 at 1850 hrs

Bhopal : The Bandra police has filed a case against Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan for allegedly making comments about Prophet Mohammad but the actor said it is a writing error and not a thought or view that he believes in.

"We have registered an FIR against Shah Rukh Khan after we received an application from an advocate who alleged that the actor made some statements hurting the sentiments of Muslims," said senior police inspector of Bandra police station, Prakash George.

The complaint was registered against Shah Rukh and the publisher of the magazine in which the purported remarks were published.

Complainant Khalid Babu Querishi alleged that in the July issue of the ‘Time and Style’ magazine, Shah Rukh had used objectionable language against the Prophet which is unacceptable," George said.

The case was registered under section 295-a (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious sentiments) and 34 (acts done by several persons with common interest) of IPC.

In a message, the actor who is currently abroad shooting for Karan Johar's "My Name is Khan", said that there is no more important figure in history than Prophet Mohammad. "Being a Muslim and standing up for the tenets of Islam is my most important agenda," he said.

The actor's response came a day after a First Information Report (FIR) was registered against him.

Referring to protests on the issue, Shah Rukh said, "If they have seen my interviews about Islam and the Prophet, they should know that it is a writing error and not a thought or view I believe in."

He said, "for all practical purposes... Prophet Mohammad is the most important positive figure in Islam". Khan's statement will be recorded on his return from the US.

SRK effigy beaten with shoes

A large number of protesters put a garland of shoes round an effigy of film star, Shah Rukh Khan here to protest against his alleged "derogatory" remarks against Prophet Mohammed.

The protestors, gathered at Jehangirabad square after Friday prayers, beat up Shah Rukh's effigy with footwear to vent their anger with film star.

Later, they dispersed peacefully at the end of the protest which lasted about 30 minutes.

Shah Rukh in an interview to a magazine compared Prophet Mohammed with Adolf Hitler and Winston Churchill.

LINK
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: FIR against Shah Rukh for comments against Islam

This is really funny... all SRK said was things positive about Islam... and these muslims are protesting that... how dare he say positive things about Islam? Where else will you see such chewtiyagiri than with muslims... especially Indian muslims

Well, I agree... they should be protesting... 'cos SRK was lying about the religion... there is nothing positive in it... yup... I am with the arrest... throw him into a dungeon and throw the keys away

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 19th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Post Re: FIR against Shah Rukh for comments against Islam

Here are more details and also the photo of the guy Qureshi who filed the complaint.

Also read what SRK actually said. I wonder if this Qureshi understands English.

Quote:

SRK Receives No-Bail Prize
By: Urvashi Seth Date: 2009-06-19

Photo:At war: Khalid Babu Qureshi and Shah Rukh Khan

Cops slap tough clause on actor after businessman alleges insult to Prophet in a recent interview

Khalid Babu Qureshi is insistent on dragging Shah Rukh Khan to court. Enraged at King Khan for allegedly making a negative statement about the Prophet in a magazine, the Bandra businessman filed a police complaint against the actor and the publication last evening.

The offence is non-bailable, say the police.

Qureshi, who is the president of the All India Jamaitul Quresh, alleged that Shah Rukh had used unparliamentary language against Prophet Mohammed, which is unacceptable for the Muslim community, in the June edition of the Time and Style magazine.

"We will not take this lying down. The issue was released on June 6, but we have received no replies from the actor or the publication so far. That is why we decided to file a complaint against the actor and the publication today," said Qureshi.

When asked whether they were waiting for an apology, Qureshi replied, "We will take the legal route now."

SRK clarifies

Shah Rukh Khan told MiD DAY, "Obviously, I think there is no figure in history more important than Prophet Mohammed.

Also, being a Muslim and standing up for the tenets of Islam is my most important agenda... and if they have seen my interviews, etc on TV about Islam, then the people who are objecting, should realise that what has appeared is a writing error not a thought or view that I believe in.

Prophet Mohammed is the most important positive figure in Islam... and anyone who questions my view on that, is doing it just to create a controversy."

He added, "Let the court decide what they want to do. I don't believe in violence. Khan should have withdrawn the issues from the stalls or the publication should have filed a corrigendum."

Apparently on Wednesday a mob had created a huge ruckus at Bandra police station, demanding that the police register a complaint against the actor and the publication.

According to Prakash George, senior police inspector of Bandra police station, "We have registered an FIR. We are investigating the matter and will proceed accordingly as it is a non-bailable offence."

The case was registered under section 295-A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religion feelings or any class by insulting its religion beliefs) and 34 (acts done by several persons with common interest) of IPC.

Bandra police sources have said they may question the actor when he returns from Los Angeles where he is
currently shooting.

SRK's 'statement'

When asked, "According to you who is the most impressive figure in history?" Khan allegedly said, "There are lots of them, some negative ones like Hitler, Napoleon, Winston Churchill and if I can call it history, then Prophet Mohammed and from recent time Nelson Mandela." "And there are nice ones like Gandhiji and Mother Teresa."

LINK
Old June 19th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Here are more details and also the photo of the guy Qureshi who filed the complaint.

Also read what SRK actually said. I wonder if this Qureshi understands English.
Wtf... when did Churchill become negative... and Mandela... I guess history is different for different people... 'cos in my history a few famous negative people will be Mohammad, Hitler, Mussolini, Aurangzeb...

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:38 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

this fellow khalid baba qureshi just wants free publicity for himself and his organisation , nothing else.

people use issues like miss world contest etc to get free publicity.

when amitabh bachhan had organised miss world in inidia some people had used the opportunity to oppose the contest and get free publicity for themselves.

Last edited by ashdoc; June 19th, 2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Wtf... when did Churchill become negative... and Mandela...
What makes you think that Shahrukh Khan will be so good in History
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wtf... when did Churchill become negative... and Mandela... I guess history is different for different people... 'cos in my history a few famous negative people will be Mohammad, Hitler, Mussolini, Aurangzeb...
for this bunch of camel humpers no one should be compared to allah....plus i doubt they know who churchill and mandela are....
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

tapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
seems like his statement was misunderstood by many. I think what he meant was

Quote:
When asked, "According to you who is the most impressive figure in history?" Khan allegedly said, "There are lots of them, some negative ones like Hitler, (and good ones like) Napoleon, Winston Churchill and if I can call it history, then Prophet Mohammed and from recent time Nelson Mandela." "And there are nice ones like Gandhiji and Mother Teresa."
Actually he did put Mohammed ahead of all by not wanting to consider him history at all.

desi log and media saala gaandu hai..bina samje babaal machaate hai..and leaders (hindu ho ya muslim) saale fayda udhati hai...aur police ko bas paisa khaane ka mauka chahiye..

Old June 20th, 2009, 04:29 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapasvi View Post
Actually he did put Mohammed ahead of all by not wanting to consider him history at all.

desi log and media saala gaandu hai..bina samje babaal machaate hai..and leaders (hindu ho ya muslim) saale fayda udhati hai...aur police ko bas paisa khaane ka mauka chahiye..
SRK abhi itna yeda nahi hai ki intentionally gaali de muslims ko...

all these activists and PETA mofos seek cheap publicity... they target celebs to get their names photos printed in papers...
Old June 20th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

shruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: FIR against Shah Rukh for comments against Islam

Quote:
Come to your senses or go study history. Winston Churchill was a villain for us Indians. Just as Indians are reassessing Nehru why they aren't doing so with Churchill? If look carefully you will see Churchill has done far more damage than Nehru.

Last edited by shruthi_ks; June 20th, 2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old June 20th, 2009, 06:05 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruthi_ks View Post
Come to your senses or go study history. Winston Churchill was a villain for us Indians. Just as Indians are reassessing Nehru why they aren't doing so with Churchill? If look carefully you will see Churchill has done far more damage than Nehru.
yeah churchill was a great opponent of indian independence . and a supporter of the creation of pakistan as a client state of the west.
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
yeah churchill was a great opponent of indian independence . and a supporter of the creation of pakistan as a client state of the west.
Who exactly is a villain... from a human perspective? How can Churchill be considered a villain... for wanting to maintain a beautiful country like India within his jurisdiction? If he is a villain... why not tonnes of politicians in today's world? Will they all be treated as villains

Old June 20th, 2009, 12:54 PM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Who exactly is a villain... from a human perspective? How can Churchill be considered a villain... for wanting to maintain a beautiful country like India within his jurisdiction? If he is a villain... why not tonnes of politicians in today's world? Will they all be treated as villains
yeah but he was a colonialist.
Old June 20th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
yeah but he was a colonialist.
And how is that bad