eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old August 17th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Aashika Aashika is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,358
Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
It's not really hate on my part but deep disappointment.. As they say, the weakest link breaks the chain. Everybody has complains and India is not perfect, but then neither US nor Canada or any country is perfect.

Aurobindo and Adi Shankaracharya stressed on how India is one from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, from Gujarat to Arunachal .. made up of same fabric with variety .. was surprised how even Hinduism was missed out as common even though languages were different.
Sarvi, you have to understand the times they were in. We are talking very volatile time back during 1st and 2nd world war, pre-independence era. The last thing anyone would want is a religion based war. The focus was India as a whole. That is why, even our national Anthem mentions the region but not religion.

And if you insist, I will lead you towards Vande Mataram. This has emphasis on Hindu religion. It wasnt ignored. They were all devout Hindus. Its possible that none of the scholars felt the need to bring religion in all the songs/poems. Incidentally, the english translation of vande mataram was actually done by Aurobindo.

The point I am making is, Independence was a result of the whole countries (in all its pieces) labor. And you are bound to come across people who are anti-India; I am just saying, try not to have prejudice about the whole state and its people. You may miss out on some people who indeed are nice.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old August 17th, 2018, 10:35 AM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 16,161
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Sarvi, you have to understand the times they were in. We are talking very volatile time back during 1st and 2nd world war, pre-independence era. The last thing anyone would want is a religion based war. The focus was India as a whole. That is why, even our national Anthem mentions the region but not religion.

And if you insist, I will lead you towards Vande Mataram. This has emphasis on Hindu religion. It wasnt ignored. They were all devout Hindus. Its possible that none of the scholars felt the need to bring religion in all the songs/poems. Incidentally, the english translation of vande mataram was actually done by Aurobindo.

The point I am making is, Independence was a result of the whole countries (in all its pieces) labor. And you are bound to come across people who are anti-India; I am just saying, try not to have prejudice about the whole state and its people. You may miss out on some people who indeed are nice.
Agreed on religion part from the point of view of leaders, what I meant was how common people can ignore the commonality of religion, practices and philosophy .. even if language is different same emotion is attached/expressed. Sadly, people also tend to attach caste and other divisions before accepting that they belong to same religion .. intrinsic values of which are the same.

We really badly need more nationalism .. once you are weak on this front, the armed forces lose their will and the country disintegrates.

I don't let my disappointment with some folks come in the way of my relationship/interaction with other folks with similar background.. none of my co-workers or neighbors or anybody could say I have been biased or rude or any kind of bad behavior based on their background.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old August 18th, 2018, 04:43 AM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 16,161
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old August 18th, 2018, 01:58 PM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,747
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Jumping into this now

This goes beyond North south.
This starts with original Dravidian ideology of separatism from India, Atheism and anti anything which is north including Hinduism and Hindi by Naicker.
Then came Modified Dravidian ideology by Annadorai (hundreds of places in chennai are named after him) which dropped separatism but was based on anti Brahminism, which easily changed to anti Hindusim and Anti Hindi policy.

Plus there is 80 percent reservation. This happened before independence so, grandfathered Supreme court decision that reservations cannot exceed 50%.

The ones you see outside are the 20% who have no place in TN. This includes Tambrams who were targetted in TN. Like TN Seshan or Illustrious Dr. Swamy.

Typically outside TN in India, the Tamils would be nationalist. Many TamBrams i knew scoffed at this Dravidian ideology.

Though they are issues of their own like being too conservative and sticklers- My B. Tech Project guide was also a Head of Department. Couple of guys went to him and asked him if he could sign on some document. He told them to meet him at the HOD office. Needless to say, they were cursing me later on 'Kaisa hai tera guide'.

If you go outside TN, you will find mostly the TamBrams or possibly families like Aashi ji. One such TamBram colleague was actually telling he wanted to lodge a complaint about a Tamil Newspaper which was praising Yasin Malik (this was in 90s way before he landed in TN to support LTTE).
In US Cybercoolie world, if you see a bunch of Tams hanging out together, they are quite likely to be this Dravidian bunch like Shakti Pai's colleague.

Some of these were actually proud of Veerappan kidnapping Dr. Rajkumar.

One exception is Vijay Amritraj who keeps speaking about his past and makes money out of that. He showed up at one such alumni meet in Socal. He said that he doesnt go for Functions for Tamils, etc. and shows up only if the function says it is for Indians. Here North south thing comes into play. His tormentor was RK Khanna, who now has a stadium named after him.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old August 18th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Ramesh Suresh Ramesh Suresh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 149
Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Jumping into this now

This goes beyond North south.
This starts with original Dravidian ideology of separatism from India, Atheism and anti anything which is north including Hinduism and Hindi by Naicker.
Then came Modified Dravidian ideology by Annadorai (hundreds of places in chennai are named after him) which dropped separatism but was based on anti Brahminism, which easily changed to anti Hindusim and Anti Hindi policy.

Plus there is 80 percent reservation. This happened before independence so, grandfathered Supreme court decision that reservations cannot exceed 50%.

The ones you see outside are the 20% who have no place in TN. This includes Tambrams who were targetted in TN. Like TN Seshan or Illustrious Dr. Swamy.

Typically outside TN in India, the Tamils would be nationalist. Many TamBrams i knew scoffed at this Dravidian ideology.

Though they are issues of their own like being too conservative and sticklers- My B. Tech Project guide was also a Head of Department. Couple of guys went to him and asked him if he could sign on some document. He told them to meet him at the HOD office. Needless to say, they were cursing me later on 'Kaisa hai tera guide'.

If you go outside TN, you will find mostly the TamBrams or possibly families like Aashi ji. One such TamBram colleague was actually telling he wanted to lodge a complaint about a Tamil Newspaper which was praising Yasin Malik (this was in 90s way before he landed in TN to support LTTE).
In US Cybercoolie world, if you see a bunch of Tams hanging out together, they are quite likely to be this Dravidian bunch like Shakti Pai's colleague.

Some of these were actually proud of Veerappan kidnapping Dr. Rajkumar.

One exception is Vijay Amritraj who keeps speaking about his past and makes money out of that. He showed up at one such alumni meet in Socal. He said that he doesnt go for Functions for Tamils, etc. and shows up only if the function says it is for Indians. Here North south thing comes into play. His tormentor was RK Khanna, who now has a stadium named after him.
It's not just racism. Most Tamilians are rude by nature.

There was this ticket reservation clerk at a railway station near Bangalore. He would deliberately target North-Indian students studying near Bangalore. For booking of reservation tickets, if he sensed that the passenger is a Northie, he would read between the lines of reservation form to search errors. If there weren't any error, he would create one or more. He would harrass Northie students and had become notorious among Northie student community. Once a group of students lost their cool beat him up. There was a police case. Is it a coincidence that they hailed from Himachal Pradesh?

How many of you can relate with such Tamil experience?

Last edited by Ramesh Suresh; August 18th, 2018 at 07:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old August 19th, 2018, 08:41 AM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 16,161
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

  #37  
Old August 19th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,618
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Thanks for the map above, Sarvimanasatki pai. Never realized before that Chattisgarh people are madrasis... welcome to the fold, Chattiyas More power to the Madrasis of India
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old August 19th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Ramesh Suresh Ramesh Suresh is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 149
Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Arrow Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Though they are issues of their own like being too conservative and sticklers- My B. Tech Project guide was also a Head of Department. Couple of guys went to him and asked him if he could sign on some document. He told them to meet him at the HOD office. Needless to say, they were cursing me later on 'Kaisa hai tera guide'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
It's not just racism. Most Tamilians are rude by nature.

There was this ticket reservation clerk at a railway station near Bangalore. He would deliberately target North-Indian students studying near Bangalore. For booking of reservation tickets, if he sensed that the passenger is a Northie, he would read between the lines of reservation form to search errors. If there weren't any error, he would create one or more. He would harrass Northie students and had become notorious among Northie student community. Once a group of students lost their cool beat him up. There was a police case. Is it a coincidence that they hailed from Himachal Pradesh?

How many of you can relate with such Tamil experience?
Tamilians are rudeness and sadism personified. Everyone has a tale to tell about Tamils. When my sister was in school a Tamil male teacher would often hit her with his knuckles on her head. Is that a way to deal with girl school kid?

Tamil Nadu has the highest incidences of ragging deaths.

And the shit movies Tamil film-makers like Mani Ratram make… Less said the better.

So it's less about politics and more about Tamil people's nature.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old August 19th, 2018, 12:41 PM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 16,161
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Thanks for the map above, Sarvimanasatki pai. Never realized before that Chattisgarh people are madrasis... welcome to the fold, Chattiyas More power to the Madrasis of India
where do you see Charttisgarh in the map? it shows outside of the south states.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old August 19th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,618
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
where do you see Charttisgarh in the map? it shows outside of the south states.
You need to go along the northern border of Maharashtra... and then from there cover go around any of the states you come across. It will include Chattisgarh and Orissa... unless you want to split Chattisgarh into 2... north and south.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:38 PM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 16,161
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
You need to go along the northern border of Maharashtra... and then from there cover go around any of the states you come across. It will include Chattisgarh and Orissa... unless you want to split Chattisgarh into 2... north and south.
That I know..
But it’s not in the blue area .. your rasam country

Check the map of India ..


Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 19th, 2018 at 06:21 PM. Reason: fix url
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old August 20th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,618
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Thanks for the entire map of India... this just confirms my theory. Madrasis cannot just be satisfied with the 5 measly states that the original thought arises... they have to usurp... go north and take over as much territory as possible. Maharashtra and Orissa were already considered as Madrasiland... and the recent partition of MP brings Chattisgarh also into MADrasiLand And it is just perfect too... it shows the finger to Bhaiyyastan
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old August 20th, 2018, 06:57 AM
sarv_shaktimaan's Avatar
sarv_shaktimaan sarv_shaktimaan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: satva aasmaan
Posts: 16,161
sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Thanks for the entire map of India... this just confirms my theory. Madrasis cannot just be satisfied with the 5 measly states that the original thought arises... they have to usurp... go north and take over as much territory as possible. Maharashtra and Orissa were already considered as Madrasiland... and the recent partition of MP brings Chattisgarh also into MADrasiLand And it is just perfect too... it shows the finger to Bhaiyyastan
lol.. rasam dreams.. topped with appam. Marathis don't identify with South, nor with North.

btw, I'm surprised why Telangana tax collection still shows so low, having grabbed Hyderabad during the split.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old August 20th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,618
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
lol.. rasam dreams.. topped with appam. Marathis don't identify with South, nor with North.

btw, I'm surprised why Telangana tax collection still shows so low, having grabbed Hyderabad during the split.
You know what happens to land sandwiched betwixt two powers... think Kashmir. They get jammed into one or the other. In this case, the smarter one wins...
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old August 20th, 2018, 07:19 AM
sgars's Avatar
sgars sgars is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mid West
Posts: 8,747
sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tamizh, a part of India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
lol.. rasam dreams.. topped with appam. Marathis don't identify with South, nor with North.

btw, I'm surprised why Telangana tax collection still shows so low, having grabbed Hyderabad during the split.
All the economy is from Cybercoolie cos, many of which are based out of SEZs and would not pay GST/CGST.

There could be a corporate tax collection list too.
__________________
This is quite a game, politics. There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends,only permanent interests. - Some Firang
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
india, southie, tambi, tamil, tamizh


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chairman of Anjuman minhaj e rasool says that residents of POK want to be part of India ashdoc International Politics 6 September 4th, 2015 08:52 AM
Japanese firm's map shows Tibet as part of India shruthi_ks International Politics 2 December 2nd, 2011 05:15 AM
Tibet a part of China, says India Ravi Taaza Khabar - Current news 26 January 16th, 2007 10:20 PM
Should PAkistan again be a part of India Sphinx SoapBox 11 August 1st, 2002 02:34 AM
for those who says Kashmir IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF INDIA khanbaba Indian Politics 62 July 22nd, 2001 06:29 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.