eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old May 1st, 2017, 01:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vinod Khanna dying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Robert de Niro did act well in Taxi Driver. If you compare his looks to Vinod Khanna's, I would say VK would win hands down! Method Acting mein maybe RdN would win. What say you?
Old May 1st, 2017, 02:06 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
Robert de Niro did act well in Taxi Driver. If you compare his looks to Vinod Khanna's, I would say VK would win hands down! Method Acting mein maybe RdN would win. What say you?
Since you asked, I'll add my two cents.

He was not only a good actor but handsome personalty,.... But definitely one of the most handsome actor ever in Bollywood. He was not saint. But a human being with guts, who was not afraid of experimenting.

Acting wise, he was like John Ibrahim,... only one face and one look,.. no matter sad/happy or any feeling to portray in a scene,... His biggest drawback was he could not change his face-expressions much, with the scene situations,.. which Rajesh or Amitabh could,...

But handsomeness and persona/personality wise, he was twice than Rajesh or Amitabh,.. imo..

He super-shined on many occasions to amitabh in movies,... khoon-paseena, hera feri, Zameer, AAA ( fighting scene, when he dho-ving Big B as a police officer ) Muqqddar ka sikander,... also he super-shined at few occasion to Rajesh khnna, in Prem kahani and Kudarat,... he looked extra handsome in a flop movie Burning train, and looked handsome among all other heroes in that movie like dharmendra, jitendra and others,... . He supershined Firoz khan in Qurabani and Dayawan,... He was unique in many Daku roles in old movies,..

His walking style was unique,...
During the starting scene of movie Kurbani when he keeps on walking, ( when he departs from his goon-gang ) among non-stop firing of his own party goons,... that style was unique.

During the song - ruk jaaana nahin tu kahin haar ke,..... he has taken a handsome walk,. that no star can walk, with same style,..

He was not afraid to let everything go (including his superstardom) to chase his dream (What society considers is irrelevant. It mattered to him then). How many of us who dream of career change, can really do so?

He did not mind picking up the pieces to rebuild his career/family life again. (I have read, when he came back from Osho, his first wife had moved on. He married another woman and started afresh).

Film, Spirituality, Politics, Family, Renunciation, Family.., he lived life to the fullest. Nothing out of compulsion. Everything by his choice.

Sorry, I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't give a shit

Sent from my iPhone.

Last edited by Charchila; May 1st, 2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: fixing my shit,...
Old May 2nd, 2017, 06:02 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post

Who tf is Sochi
It is a place in Russia where last winter Olympic s were held. It also is the auto correct for docji (Ashdoc)
Old May 2nd, 2017, 06:05 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was not afraid to let everything go (including his superstardom) to chase his dream (What society considers is irrelevant. It mattered to him then). How many of us who dream of career change, can really do so?

He did not mind picking up the pieces to rebuild his career/family life again. (I have read, when he came back from Osho, his first wife had moved on. He married another woman and started afresh).

Film, Spirituality, Politics, Family, Renunciation, Family.., he lived life to the fullest. Nothing out of compulsion. Everything by his choice.
is what I was trying to tell ashdoc.. that material success doesn't matter as much as inner success, Amitabh may have all the wealth and fame but he is a morose man. I have many sources in the ad world who have worked close with SRK, AB, ST, etc.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 09:19 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since you asked, I'll add my two cents.

He was not only a good actor but handsome personalty,.... But definitely one of the most handsome actor ever in Bollywood. He was not saint. But a human being with guts, who was not afraid of experimenting.

Acting wise, he was like John Ibrahim,... only one face and one look,.. no matter sad/happy or any feeling to portray in a scene,... His biggest drawback was he could not change his face-expressions much, with the scene situations,.. which Rajesh or Amitabh could,...

But handsomeness and persona/personality wise, he was twice than Rajesh or Amitabh,.. imo..

He super-shined on many occasions to amitabh in movies,... khoon-paseena, hera feri, Zameer, AAA ( fighting scene, when he dho-ving Big B as a police officer ) Muqqddar ka sikander,... also he super-shined at few occasion to Rajesh khnna, in Prem kahani and Kudarat,... he looked extra handsome in a flop movie Burning train, and looked handsome among all other heroes in that movie like dharmendra, jitendra and others,... . He supershined Firoz khan in Qurabani and Dayawan,... He was unique in many Daku roles in old movies,..

His walking style was unique,...
During the starting scene of movie Kurbani when he keeps on walking, ( when he departs from his goon-gang ) among non-stop firing of his own party goons,... that style was unique.

During the song - ruk jaaana nahin tu kahin haar ke,..... he has taken a handsome walk,. that no star can walk, with same style,..

Sorry, I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't give a shit
I could literally feel the hair rising on the nape of my neck... in a deja-vuesque feeling. Then the feeling went away quickly

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:40 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
yes, I bring something to the table.
There still is some scope for improvement. Add some photoshopped images, useless DIY tips and medical hoaxes. Then your tweets will no longer be boring
Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
R.I.P. Vinod Khanna. Even if he was alive and healthy, he'd have died after reading this thread because of all the gibberish
Come on, You just seem to be sour at being left out of Jaggu honors list
Old May 3rd, 2017, 11:00 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Come on, You just seem to be sour at being left out of Jaggu honors list
No comments

Sent from my iPhone.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 03:18 PM
eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
is what I was trying to tell ashdoc.. that material success doesn't matter as much as inner success, Amitabh may have all the wealth and fame but he is a morose man. I have many sources in the ad world who have worked close with SRK, AB, ST, etc.
I am surprised to see AB is morose. Maybe bcoz he has to maintain his image of spotlessly clean, he stays away.

But I would like to see him in person once in this lifetime One among the top 10 things to do for me.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 06:11 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
I am surprised to see AB is morose. Maybe bcoz he has to maintain his image of spotlessly clean, he stays away.

But I would like to see him in person once in this lifetime One among the top 10 things to do for me.
He can't even take a joke.. he canceled and interview once when pooja bedi asked a funny question.. you beard is white but your hair black.

Most of these folks are of course different in front of screen and quite rehearsed. That's why i never adored any actors.. only singers.
Old May 6th, 2017, 10:02 AM

Vinod Khanna's atma may also be sad to see that whenever he is discussed, Big B also joins in.

Anyway, Amitabh was very arrogant in 80s. He however seemed to have come down to earth after his company ABCL went down like kingfisher. This was in late 90s.
Much of his 80s arrogance stemmed from his closeness to Rajiv Gandhi. I remember him being one of the 4 friends (the ones who bear the body to funeral) of Rajiv Gandhi.

He never entertained any journalist through the 80s. Here is one pic probably shooing away one photographer when he was accompanying Rajiv Gandhi on his Lakshadweep vacation.

Details of vacation here
http://m.indiatoday.in/story/idyllic.../1/328849.html

I was a contrarian those days too and since everyone lived big b, I disliked him. I had company though. One more friend and me used to have sessions bashing big b and coming up with ideas like getting him beaten by a bunch of thugs, video the thing and prove that he cannot bash 10 guys in real life our theory was that Big B became a superstar only because Vinod Khanna had left Bollywood. I used to see kaka movies and even arty movies that showed on DD to counter Big B mania. I did not see Mard when it was released and mocked it.

But after he fell out of grace, I was supported him and even saw 'mrityudata'.

Here is anyway a song with Vinod khanna, Rakhi and Big B

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old May 6th, 2017, 02:55 PM

Digging more on Big B, here is what the guy who made him a star had to say.
It is 8 years lAter but RIP Prakash Mehra.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old May 6th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Kader Khan too had very bitter words about big b.. you can find on youtube.
Old May 7th, 2017, 08:09 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about kadar Khan , but there was a big fallout between prakash mehra and amitabh when amitabh had refused to do a film with him . Prakash mehra was giving flops at that time and he wanted amitabh to do a film with him . But amitabh rightly realized that mehta is out of touch and his film will flop . So amitabh was within his rights to reject working with him . But mehra thought that he had a permanent right over amitabh as he had helped amitabh kickstart his career , and lambasted amitabh in interviews given to press for not doing the film . Ever since then amitabh started ignoring mehra . Actually even amitabh was going through a flop phase of his career at that time and did not want to give another flop with mehra who had turned flop director at that time. Mehra should not have attacked amitabh in interviews and the verbal assault must have hurt amitabh. No actor is personal property of a director .
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kader Khan too had very bitter words about big b.. you can find on youtube.
If Kader is right in his allegations, it shows immaturity of Amitabh.