eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old September 7th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Online petition opposes renaming of Aurangzeb road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
Well congrats on changing history

Now will the govt monitor Onion prices?

jeetIAF
What history ???? How you are sure that whatever been taught in books is true.... We only read more and more about Gandhi, Nehru ch.utiapa...

India has seen suppression of actual historical facts by your congress family for last 68 years just for retaining power and dividing India...... and pleasing peaceful & eeshu coming families.
Old September 8th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

Aurangzeb was ruthless ruler, not like others who pardon enemy only to be killed by him years later. take a guess, history enthusiasts.
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:37 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
What made you think You will get an unbiased account of Aurangzeb in Sikh/Martha History ?

I did praised Aurangzeb in front of lot of Sardar's in my college days, No one argued much with me, First I thought It's my wits and charm, later I realized it had more to do with my strength

Now what I am saying is in general not just about you sgar. 'You' would mean a bunch of guys who are not getting my points.

Before you guys jump to conclusion that I am half/full/double Muslim, Neither of my parents are Muslim and I am from a Traditional landlord family in Rajasthan, though very educated (4 Generation back people in my family were getting scholarship for oxford). My family wouldn't object if tomorrow I say I am going to convert to another religion, Guess that's benefit of being from Traditional yet Highly educated family.

Now Aurangzeb was a human, just like Humans he made mistakes and he also did good. He's neither as bad a person as Hindu/Sikh Hardliners wants him to portray, neither as good as Muslim hardliners are trying to portray. He rules India longer than anyone else, He made India superpower on Economic and Military front, He didn't loot people/states of their money ( I wish I could say same for many of his adversaries )

Despite what jadunath sarkar said, His Biography of Aurangzeb is nothing but Bunch of lies, he was among pioneers of people who communalized history. Taking his accounts seriously, would be a dumb mistake. If you do that, Next level is Taking P. N. Oak seriously, Be advised by the time you would have no claim over sanity P.N. Oak was kind of guy that If Nasa said we found kind of something which looks like an old destroyed building on Pluto, he would jump saying that was our temple, destroyed by Muslim/Christians/Aliens
When i was growing up in Maharashtra in the eighties, the history taught to us in school was approved by the secular congress government . Yet that history by and large agreed with jadunath sarkar's conclusion about aurangzeb and painted aurangzeb as bigoted. The history was changed only after the babri masjid fell and it became inconvenient to tell the truth because the congress party's favorite vote bank was threatened by the truth.

Last edited by ashdoc; September 8th, 2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old September 8th, 2015, 10:14 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What made you think You will get an unbiased account of Aurangzeb in Sikh/Martha History ?
Now you are jumping without the context - JeetIAF introduced himself as a Sikh sometime back and i was talking about the version of History i learnt in Congress rule. What i am saying is also generally the Sikh POV. Guru Teg Bahadur and 2 sons of Guru gobind singh were killed by Aurangzeb's forces.

So, it is odd to find a Sikh praising Aurangzeb.

Quote:
I did praised Aurangzeb in front of lot of Sardar's in my college days, No one argued much with me, First I thought It's my wits and charm, later I realized it had more to do with my strength
This is called "Apne mooh miya mithoo". Surely, your college was not named Khalsa College.

Quote:
Now what I am saying is in general not just about you sgar. 'You' would mean a bunch of guys who are not getting my points.
Before you guys jump to conclusion that I am half/full/double Muslim, Neither of my parents are Muslim and I am from a Traditional landlord family in Rajasthan, though very educated (4 Generation back people in my family were getting scholarship for oxford). My family wouldn't object if tomorrow I say I am going to convert to another religion, Guess that's benefit of being from Traditional yet Highly educated family.
In this thread, i was not responding to you. So, which post of mine are you talking about.

Quote:
Now Aurangzeb was a human, just like Humans he made mistakes and he also did good. He's neither as bad a person as Hindu/Sikh Hardliners wants him to portray, neither as good as Muslim hardliners are trying to portray. He rules India longer than anyone else, He made India superpower on Economic and Military front, He didn't loot people/states of their money ( I wish I could say same for many of his adversaries )

I could also say that Hitler was a human who is portrayed as a bad person by Jews. After all, germany was at its military and techno peak during Hitler's time not to forget Volskwagen Beetle for which he took credit.

Anyway, giving Aurangzeb credit for making India a superpower is like giving Mukesh Ambani's son credit for Reliance's Performance (whenever he becomes the boss). Could you give credible numbers comparing it with reign of not so despotic Shah Jahan, Jahangir and Akbar. In fact SHer Shah Suri started the Rupee and built the highway named after him.

Quote:
Despite what jadunath sarkar said, His Biography of Aurangzeb is nothing but Bunch of lies, he was among pioneers of people who communalized history. Taking his accounts seriously, would be a dumb mistake. If you do that, Next level is Taking P. N. Oak seriously, Be advised by the time you would have no claim over sanity P.N. Oak was kind of guy that If Nasa said we found kind of something which looks like an old destroyed building on Pluto, he would jump saying that was our temple, destroyed by Muslim/Christians/Aliens
I heard this name Jadunath Sarkar, first time from you. Anyways, i also dont believe what PN Oak says/said. Only problem is those who criticize his likes are seen as having prejudice against the Hindus.
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Junior eCharchan

CanDesi is just really niceCanDesi is just really niceCanDesi is just really niceCanDesi is just really niceCanDesi is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Online petition opposes renaming of Aurangzeb road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
LOL! Congress is hoarding onions, is their anything else BJP can think of?

Isme videshi taakton ka haath nahi hai kya?

jeetIAF
Jeet Bhau
Are you still working for Indian Forces ?

from your few other posts, it feels like you are more close to Pakistan/paki folks than India or Govt of India.

something changed ?
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:49 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDesi View Post
Jeet Bhau
Are you still working for Indian Forces ?

from your few other posts, it feels like you are more close to Pakistan/paki folks than India or Govt of India.

something changed ?
ISI mole
Old September 8th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Junior eCharchan

CanDesi is just really niceCanDesi is just really niceCanDesi is just really niceCanDesi is just really niceCanDesi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
ISI mole
I doubt but it is not impossible -things happened in past with some Govt employee's
Old September 8th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Mods, please show me how to hide my old posts from CD
Old September 8th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Dovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud of

Quote:
This is called "Apne mooh miya mithoo". Surely, your college was not named Khalsa College.
It wasn't it my state either, infact Sardar were way more Sardar there than people of my state, anyways I wasn't popular among guys in my college days irrespective of state

Quote:
In this thread, i was not responding to you. So, which post of mine are you talking about.
I already specified I am referring to everyone who are not getting my points as 'You'. So personally nothing against you Or anyone else, we are just having a discussion, that's what people do, I wonder what kind of person might go to length of calling someone 'ISI mole' because he choose to believe in unbiased history ?

One sided biased History: Read Jadunath Sarkar
Another Biased history: He was a great emperor, a spiritually enlightened individual, did Great service to Islam.

Rationalist/unbiased version: What I been posting.

Quote:
I could also say that Hitler was a human who is portrayed as a bad person by Jews.
Completely agree with you on this.

Quote:
Anyway, giving Aurangzeb credit for making India a superpower is like giving Mukesh Ambani's son credit for Reliance's Performance (whenever he becomes the boss). Could you give credible numbers comparing it with reign of not so despotic Shah Jahan, Jahangir and Akbar.
You can compare boundaries of their empires, contribution in world economy etc.

Quote:
I heard this name Jadunath Sarkar, first time from you. Anyways, i also dont believe what PN Oak says/said. Only problem is those who criticize his likes are seen as having prejudice against the Hindus.
You mean people claiming Budapest to be Budhaprasth, or Tajmahal being some old temple are doing Hindus anything good ? They are making us laughing stock and some of us are not okay with it.
Old September 9th, 2015, 06:47 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I already specified I am referring to everyone who are not getting my points as 'You'. So personally nothing against you Or anyone else, we are just having a discussion, that's what people do, I wonder what kind of person might go to length of calling someone 'ISI mole' because he choose to believe in unbiased history ?
Not getting your posts is one thing, but i have ot commented anytime on your ethnicity, religion, or ISI. so, why drag me in there, or generalize.

Quote:
Rationalist/unbiased version: What I been posting.
It could also be a left wing version. There would be a number of ways to prtray some one 350 years back. From whatever i remember from NCERT books (which were in the Congress time), Aurangzeb extended the empire to its greatest extent, but due to his conflicts with Rajputs, Sikhs and Marathas, the empire could not sustain after him and that all the Mughal Rulers were tolerant except Aurangzeb (Sikh History has bad words for Jahangir too, who killed Guru Arjan Dev)
Old September 9th, 2015, 07:03 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder what kind of person might go to length of calling someone 'ISI mole' because he choose to believe in unbiased history ?
Do you know what a joke is? I'm sure jeetiaf will have a good laugh about it. Wait I can't be sure, but I certainly would.

Quote:
anyways I wasn't popular among guys in my college days irrespective of state
you roamed around different states .. looking to see if you'd get popular among guys. j/k
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

Dovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud ofDovahkiin has much to be proud of

Quote:
When i was growing up in Maharashtra in the eighties, the history taught to us in school was approved by the secular congress government . Yet that history by and large agreed with jadunath sarkar's conclusion about aurangzeb and painted aurangzeb as bigoted. The history was changed only after the babri masjid fell and it became inconvenient to tell the truth because the congress party's favorite vote bank was threatened by the truth.
People went to great lengths to prove Jadunath credible, but in eyes of unbiased academics he never carried any credibility.
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Not getting your posts is one thing, but i have ot commented anytime on your ethnicity, religion, or ISI. so, why drag me in there, or generalize.
Arrre buddy, I was taking dig at someone else

Quote:
you roamed around different states .. looking to see if you'd get popular among guys.
That was a trap, I am glad you fell for it and I get a chance to brag again

Firstly There were guys from different states in my college and they were kindaa jealous of me because almost all the girls they settled with, were at least at some point dreaming about me and I who at that time was anything but discreet, never let them forget that
Old September 9th, 2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
That was a trap, I am glad you fell for it and I get a chance to brag again

Firstly There were guys from different states in my college and they were kindaa jealous of me because almost all the girls they settled with, were at least at some point dreaming about me and I who at that time was anything but discreet, never let them forget that
Wow !!! Good on you brothaaa you da man .. Who da man o here yo.. You da dawg.. U got em stanky ho

R E S P E C T

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; September 9th, 2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old September 14th, 2015, 02:34 AM