eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 13th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute
Rough treatment of elderly NRI leaves him paralyzed

Alabama Police throw Indian Grandfather to the ground and paralysed him,..

WASHINGTON:
57-year-old Sureshbhai Patel is in the hospital.

One week after arriving in Madison, Alabama, from Pij, India, 57-year-old Sureshbhai Patel was stopped by police while taking a walk around his son's neighborhood. That encounter ended with Patel bleeding and temporarily paralyzed in Huntsville Hospital.
Patel had come to the U.S. to help his son, Chirag Patel, and daughter-in-law care for their 17-month-old baby while the younger Patel works as an engineer and attends graduate school at the University of Alabama. (s)

Sureshbhai Patel was walking on the footpath outside his son's home in Madison, Alabama, when patrol cops accosted him because someone called the police to report a suspicious character in the neighbourhood.
(Watch Video)
(Close Video clip)
Patel, who came to the US only two weeks ago to help his son and daughter-in-law with their 17-month-old child,
was roughed up, shoved to the ground, and cuffed — a standard operating procedure that usually involves excess force if the suspect is coloured.

The police in this country have become animals! police brutality against minorities keeps getting worse!!

Alabama Officer Arrested Over Indian Grandfather Left Paralyzed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SS...layer_embedded

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6672302.html

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/02...s-dashcam.waff

What this cop did was wrong. He got punished for that. End of story... Cannot be twisted further as hate crime.

In US, people don't enter other's property without permission. You might get shot at.

As we all know, he didn't wander into neighbor's property to steal... this person was curious to see how things are and how it's made etc. etc. when they come new to US. His son should have given advise of how the norm is in US.

From CNN.
"The incident began Friday when Madison police got a suspicious person report.
Police say someone in the small community about 12 miles east of Huntsville called to report a man walking in neighbors' driveways and peering into garages.

"The caller, who lives in the neighborhood did not recognize the subject and thought him to be suspicious," a statement from Madison police said. "

Yeah, we Indian need to be dilligent going further in this regard.....
It's sad that this happened.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/12/us/ala...ing/index.html

http://xossip.com/showthread.php?t=1360654

this was not an example for "hate" crime, but for the growing number of incidents of police crossing the line of protocols and using excessive force than reasonable when it comes to dealing with citizens, especially minorities.

Old February 13th, 2015, 06:49 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alabama Police throw Indian Grandfather to the ground and paralysed him,..

I wonder what went through the cop's head.. Why the use of excessive force? Racist?

"Bade bade desho me .. You know what I mean"

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; February 13th, 2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old February 13th, 2015, 07:34 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

One gotta be careful especially in southern states.

Some experiences of mine ..

Kentucky.. Me and friend taking a walk on pavement next to one way road around 9 pm. Cop car stops and asks for our IDs, if he have guns on us, frisks us and leaves.

Tennessee.. Gujju friend walking near University campus. Cop stops him and talks to him, smells pan parag, asks wtf is he chewing. He can't explain in English what gutka pan masala is, cop thinks its some weird drug, handcuffs and takes him to police station. Desi prof took masala pouch for show and tell to cops, got the guy released
Old February 13th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Bad news - I feel extremely bad for the old man. No fault of his.

But what is Arnab doing asking for an apology from White House? I tell you he is an idiot.
Whatever he does is for TRP.
Old February 14th, 2015, 12:51 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Alabama is a hill-billy state .... racist assholes.
Old February 14th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I wonder what went through the cop's head.. Why the use of excessive force? Racist?

"Bade bade desho me .. You know what I mean"
Excessive force for no reason! Poor grand pa.
To be very honest, I probably would have called the cops too if there is someone in my drive constantly peering into my garage. Wasn't he warned not to step into anyone's drive way? Stopping on sidewalk is something and walking into driveway and looking inside the garage is another.

Whatever it is, too much force for really no reason.
Old February 14th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Excessive force for no reason! Poor grand pa.
To be very honest, I probably would have called the cops too if there is someone in my drive constantly peering into my garage. Wasn't he warned not to step into anyone's drive way? Stopping on sidewalk is something and walking into driveway and looking inside the garage is another.

Whatever it is, too much force for really no reason.
He was not peeping into garage. Haven't you seen the video? He is far away from any building. That was a lie which got exposed after video came out.
Old February 14th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
He was not peeping into garage. Haven't you seen the video? He is far away from any building. That was a lie which got exposed after video came out.
Not supporting the police but people usually don't call cops if he was just walking down the sidewalk. When the attack happened, he was away. I think. Why would people call cops for no reason?
Poor thing though. So much assault!!
Old February 14th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks!

The cop might get max 1 year in jail. I wonder how the story may have played out if a black cop would have messed up a euro immigrant who couldnt speak english.

Old February 14th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Indian Grandpa paralyzed,..

Alabama police fire, arrest the officer who badly injured Indian grandfather during sidewalk stop.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...nd_arrest.html

Detailed vdo,..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVgXZpwvc5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SSGa7-6BQ

-----

All you are,... missing the point here,

the key word here is " two weeks he came to the usa " - guy was a newbie and it takes time to get used to with country's doubtful people, those gazing behind those window's thin curtains - Chor like suspicious mentalited people, who understands others as Chor ! ( I live in USA for 35+ yrs, when I say this ! ) and thinking anyone roaming and wandering as a thief, kinda mentality people,..
thief-like suspected US ppl's mentality and such,... It takes time, to get to, these bastard's ( American people's ) exact know-how,.. where they are coming from,... which our grandpa failed to understand !

Naturally, to roam and look outside a little in a new country he was curious to walk here and there and noticing something new
that he never had seen in India,. may be houses, garages, taking free walk in the community,. fresh air,... feel the lawn and sidewalks,...etc,..

I have seen many such new grandpa kinda Indian ppl,... roaming in the community when they are new, just for the curiosity look-around ! This guy made the mistake, that he should had with either little kid or his wife,.. and no one would had ramped it so mercilessly, like those bastard COPs did,..

And,.. freaking cops tho't him to be the great suspect, doing all illegals , theft,.. etc.

It's just unbelievable. The world now has become smaller and all it needs is the "traveling" to reduce the terrorism.. as it's the only virtue, that can opt the diff communities to understand diff communities, and bring closer all race, religion, nationalists,. etc

I still remember my those early days,. When It was all new,.. trees, sidewalk, lawns, houses, garages,. And I was just walking and wandering in my community of apartment complex,… just for curiosity to gaze and glare some new society, community and locality,.. and freaking many a times, I was interrogated by patrolling Cops and been written down my ID and Driver lic. nos,. etc,… and Now when I read such incidents, I can reflect in it, myself a very well !

Few white blonde chors, behind those thin white window curtains were doing this suspicious business to call the cops,.. while I was al innocent from tip to the toe,….even not having 3 weeks old in the USA when everything was new to me !

All I see here is,... the new guy on a new land, does not have even idea whether these are real police or the fake terrorists,..as he have not interacted with any, yet,... and he even tries to walk away ignoring them,...
the guy should have told only one sentence that
" came in the USA just 10 days ago," and that would had explained/answered all,..

That,..
Why he does not have an ID,..
Why he is hesitated to tell,. about where he lives,..He may not have even seen a real police, yet,.... v/s the fake terrorists and don't know that difference, yet !

Why he is ignoring the police and tries to walk away,...n' answering a little as possible,......

and, also a guy 1-2 week old from a new community from east to west can't be so sharp and smart to do smart robberies, as when he knows nthg about the nation's system, customs, life-style, language, living-styles, and many other know-hows....... no nothing,.. !

Last edited by Jagmohan; February 14th, 2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old February 14th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Not supporting the police but people usually don't call cops if he was just walking down the sidewalk. When the attack happened, he was away. I think. Why would people call cops for no reason?
Poor thing though. So much assault!!
Someone called cops that someone was peeping into garages. Police came and "determined" it was Patel. Nobody knows on what basis they did so.
Old February 14th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Banned

^^^

Look at my first video in the above post no. 10

I think,.. police thought that,….

• He is strange/weirdo and hard to get of his mind-set and mentality,.. his aim/intentions,..
  • He is not properly answering and trying to avoid us, and walk away,…
  • He does not have any ID and he is not telling properly where he lives or what he is upto, here and what he is doing in this community, right now,.. !

And on these basis they confirmed that this strangie must be that smart culprit.

I see only one thing wrong on this Patel’s guy’s part that,.. he should have told first loud and clear,….. I came in USA just 10 days ago, and new here,….. and it should had answered all the doubts and questions automatically,..
Old February 14th, 2015, 03:02 PM

Did you consider he did not know English at all? He didn't seem to be resisting arrest or was being violent.
Old February 14th, 2015, 03:05 PM

Recall this few months old case of Eric Gartner, huge black guy who broke up a fight. He resisted arrest but didn't have to be choked to death over it.. He kept shouting "I can't breathe".

Watch it here.. How the cops choked him over nothing. Patel was luck to come out alive.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

What happened to those cops?

Quote:
A Staten Island grand jury on Wednesday ended the criminal case against a white New York police officer whose chokehold on an unarmed black man led to the man’s death, a decision that drew condemnation from elected officials and touched off a wave of protests.

The fatal encounter in July was captured on videos and seen around the world. But after viewing the footage and hearing from witnesses, including the officer who used the chokehold, the jurors deliberated for less than a day before deciding that there was not enough evidence to go forward with charges against the officer, Daniel Pantaleo, 29, in the death of the man, Eric Garner, 43.
Old February 14th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone help me with the procedure to get a passport ?
Ab toh Modi bhi USA jaakar aaya,mera number kab ayega
Will take help about visa procedures from PM Modi,let me atleast get my passport in hand.

But I wont want to go to Alabama