eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 12th, 2014, 11:54 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Book to be pulped. Free speech curbed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nangi View Post
Julius caesar.

Debate larr debate .Debate aisay hee larray jaatay hain.Chotay bachcho ki tarah nahin.Kabhi larra hai school may debate where one debater recites one passage and the audience and fellow debator understand two.And jkskay samajh may naa aaye loses the debate.

DEbate may yeh nahin poocha jaata ki kahaan say likhwaya kissay likhwaya khaali yeh dekha jaata hai ki baat may kataaksh kitna thaa , haazir jawaabi kitni thee aur dum kitna thaa.

Ideas are nobodys property, they belong to him whosoever can express them best.
so narci, you concede you never read the book ..

btw, I don't think you have ever read any book.. except may be high school text books.. a few of those several times.. compartment aayi hogi naa.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Banned

Nangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these parts

You've lost the debate my friend.

Read Julius Caesar in class nine.Have a fabulous memory for words numbers and all things text but the worst memory for faces.

Remembered the few relevant lines from the play googled it and chaypoed it.The shoe fit . I wore it.Nothing more.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:04 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
If the book is a fiction then anything goes... Our own Har Har wrote a bunch a crap about Aghori Sadhus and what not. Should we ban Har Har for his writing ??

How about banning me for calling Shaktiman a Jerking Moron ?
The book is not fiction, its an alternative interpretation and misquoting of facts. The publishers themselves have agreed to do it after court suggested, probably owing to the number of embarrassingly misstated facts around dates and common knowledge of Hindu scriptures.

please read - a few examples..

Pg. 67 - It is claimed that the entire Harappan culture had a population of 40,000!
COMMENT: This is estimated as the population of Mohenjo-Daro alone. The population of the entire culture is estimated around 500,000. Pg 112 - Wheat is mentioned as a food item in the Rigvedic period. COMMENT: Wheat is not mentioned in the Rigveda at all. It first occurs in the Maitrayani Samhita of the Yajurveda.

Pg 130 - The author claims that there are no Gods in the Vedas who are Shudras.
COMMENT: It is anachronistic to assign castes to Rigvedic deities, but nevertheless, Pushan, Vesmapati and others have been considered Shudra deities in later times.

Pg 194 fn.- Gandhi's commentary on the Gita (a sacred Hindu scripture) was titled 'Asakti Yoga' (translated as the science of deep attachment). COMMENT: The title of Gandhis work is 'Anasakti Yoga' (trans. Science of non-Attachment).

Pg 206 - The book wrongly states that the Hindus had only a triad of passions.
COMMENT: Hindu scriptures list six main evils and the concept of shadripus (six internal enemies) is very well known.

Pg 441 - The book claims that Firoz Shah redeemed a number of Hindu slaves COMMENT: A misrepresentation of the fact that he employed (not redeemed) 12,000 of his 180,000 slaves forcibly in royal factories for producing articles of consumption by Muslim elites. No manumission was involved.

Pg 445 - Dates of Saint Kabir are given as 1450 1498.
COMMENT: His demise is believed to have occurred in 1518, and the traditional date of birth is 1398.

Pg 448 - In 713 Muhammad ibn Qasim invaded Sind.
COMMENT: Muhammad bin Qasim invaded Sind in 711.

Pg 450- It is claimed that Emperor Ala-ud-Din Khalji did not sack temples in Devagiri.
COMMENT: His contemporary Amir Khusro clearly mentions that the Emperor sacked numerous temples and raised mosques instead.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Sarvi, maybe she got the facts wrong and I am totally for it if the book is being withdrawn due to its inaccuracy even when data was clearly available.
I still dont see a single point where she insulted Hindus
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Banned

Nangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these parts
Talking Re: Book to be pulped. Free speech curbed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Sarvi, maybe she got the facts wrong and I am totally for it if the book is being withdrawn due to its inaccuracy even when data was clearly available.
And you wont find one if you read the book.Dont bother Farji is on the best weed
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
You've lost the debate my friend.

Read Julius Caesar in class nine.Have a fabulous memory for words numbers and all things text but the worst memory for faces.

Remembered the few relevant lines from the play googled it and chaypoed it.The shoe fit . I wore it.Nothing more.
dude, you don't even know the that Julius Caesar is a character in the drama/tragedy, William Shakespeare is the author.

and you want to debate with me..
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
This is a subset of things.. you want me to post the whole analysis here? Fine by me if Mods agree

How about commenting on the sexual tendencies of Sita which she has telepathically determined? And that she was attracted to Lakshman? If that isn't offending I don't know what is.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Book to be pulped. Free speech curbed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
dude, you don't even know the that Julius Caesar is a character in the drama/tragedy, William Shakespeare is the author.

and you want to debate with me..
WhEn and where did I denied that the play Julius Caesar that I read in class 9th wasnt written by sexpeer ( nit pick on spelling now)

Rassi jal gayee but bal nahin gaye

Tch tch tch...
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a subset of things.. you want me to post the whole analysis here? Fine by me if Mods agree

How about commenting on the sexual tendencies of Sita which she has telepathically determined? And that she was attracted to Lakshman? If that isn't offending I don't know what is.
Oh dont post, I was about to read it anyway.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Big hullabaloo over nothing.

Has the author presented the book as historical fact or as a pont of view/opinion? Hasnt she just taken stories that are already hearsay and added her own hearsay to it? So she is off on some historical facts .. do you ban a book for someone being inaccurate on dates/sequences of events?

I believe, from what I have read, that she is proposing an alternative interpretation of Hindu mythology. Thats just it .. its already just mythology. Someone adding BS to an existing fairy tale. If I wrote a book about Cinderella .. and changed a few things, made Cinderella out to be evil, would you ban the book?

If historical/religious/mythological distortions are going to be censored, then why are Amish Tripathi's books still in print? Why was Jodhaa Akbar not banned?

So now you come to "religious sentiments". Anything anyone writes or does will be offensive to someone else. Dont Ram bhakts offend Ravan bhakts by burning Ravan every year? So should we ban Ravan burning?
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Big hullabaloo over nothing.

Has the author presented the book as historical fact or as a pont of view/opinion? Hasnt she just taken stories that are already hearsay and added her own hearsay to it? So she is off on some historical facts .. do you ban a book for someone being inaccurate on dates/sequences of events?

I believe, from what I have read, that she is proposing an alternative interpretation of Hindu mythology. Thats just it .. its already just mythology. Someone adding BS to an existing fairy tale. If I wrote a book about Cinderella .. and changed a few things, made Cinderella out to be evil, would you ban the book?

If historical/religious/mythological distortions are going to be censored, then why are Amish Tripathi's books still in print? Why was Jodhaa Akbar not banned?

So now you come to "religious sentiments". Anything anyone writes or does will be offensive to someone else. Dont Ram bhakts offend Ravan bhakts by burning Ravan every year? So should we ban Ravan burning?

The hullaballoo on the site is for the crown , silly.

Even central ministers and other intellectuals are saying on tv to the penguin guys to approach the high court against the decision which is absurd.

Thank God atleast echarchas Brutus didnt bootless kneel.
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
WhEn and where did I denied that the play Julius Caesar that I read in class 9th wasnt written by sexpeer ( nit pick on spelling now)

Rassi jal gayee but bal nahin gaye

Tch tch tch...
you didnt deny but when I asked you to credit the author you said Julius Caesar.. isko kehte hain nangi haalat mein pakadna .. poor zyzzva disguised as nangi
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
you didnt deny but when I asked you to credit the author you said Julius Caesar.. isko kehte hain nangi haalat mein pakadna .. poor zyzzva disguised as nangi
I just took it for granted that everyone can make out Julius Caesar was written by Sexpeer.

I credited the work under the assumption that this work is synonymous with its worksman.So mentioning one implies the other automatically. Didnt knew that with you I have to plaster thick so that some would stick.

Sorry for overestimating your perception. My mistake , I acknowledge , humbly apolgise.Would be careful hence.Pardon me once , just this time. Am I asking for too much ?
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I just took it for granted that everyone can make out Julius Caesar was written by Sexpeer.
You can make out with Julius Caesar .. I dont want to nor I can

You can't even name the author correctly.. Shakespeare not Sexpeer.
Old February 12th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Banned

You cant think of a better way for the crown

Chal I will donate it to you.Carry on....