eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:03 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dance Bars Back!!

Swamiji, the detail with which you are mentioning makes it appear that you also have been one of the 'victims'. Well hope that you are more sensible than that, at least now. Again, if a guy neglects his family for a barwali, how much can govt save them. If not barwali, it will be a matka.

Chalo another article on this.

Have not visited Mumbai for a while but would rather go to modegar than all these pleaces whenever i do.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

I have never been a victim I am of the darpook type,har kadam sambhal kar and I am proud to be that.

One of my friend had taken a bar on rent at Kurla and we used to go there sometimes and from him I got to know all these stories.He used to give us Rs.10 bundles to give the bar girls.Bechara,after the bars went offline he took up a job in Kuwait.

My other friends used to take me along with them and me ordering softdrinks used to bug them as softdrinks used to cost thrice the price of a beer in the bars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Swamiji, the detail with which you are mentioning makes it appear that you also have been one of the 'victims'. Well hope that you are more sensible than that, at least now. Again, if a guy neglects his family for a barwali, how much can govt save them. If not barwali, it will be a matka.

Chalo another article on this.

Have not visited Mumbai for a while but would rather go to modegar than all these pleaces whenever i do.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

Very probably,wives of NCP members goaded RR to even defy the SC orders to ensure that all (well, most of) the money their husbands make thru 'FSI, Roads, Dams/Irrigation etc.' reaches home.
Old October 9th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute

Strip clubs and dance bars are for pathetic and troubled souls.. My heart goes out to them and wish them happiness.

Last edited by Diplomat; October 9th, 2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old October 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Banned

Mrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant futureMrs Bhandaari has a brilliant future

Bandar kyaa jaanay adrak ka swaad
Old October 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Bhandaari View Post
Bandar kyaa jaanay adrak ka swaad
Hum to thehrey Bhagwaan. Aap Bandar+Bandriya hi jaane adrak ka swaad.

Old August 19th, 2015, 06:08 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ashdoc's short account---dance bars of Mumbai

The recent supreme court decision to revoke the ban on dance bars in Mumbai brought back memories of nights spent in the dance bars of mumbai a decade back .

A short trip into nostalgia---

i used to go to these dance bars from the early 2000s till mid 2000s ---3 to 4 years....at that time i was in my mid to late twenties .

i dont even remember all the names of all the bars---dimmed from memory.....

one bar i remember is karishma bar of dance bar association chief manjit singh sethi at dadar .

but the best and most beautiful girls were to be found in tandoor bar at mahim !! i would have given a five star rating to that bar if i had to rate it....

one of the girls in tandoor bar---a muslim one named niloufer ( not real name ; these girls never use their real names in the bar)---was stunningly beautiful , slim and with light eyes and pink skin ; all the works.....

she used to regularly come and talk to me and give enticing smiles to me while dancing . naturally i was mesmerised......

but one guy warned me---she may be giving you the hint , but dont try to get her for a very dangerous goon is after her too and he is not averse to using violence to get rivals out of the way....

i was well warned !!

for later i heard that the goon went to the house of another guy who was after her and fired a pistol in the air to scare him off.....

later he and niloufer had an intimate relationship , or so i heard....

but she ran away to UP with much of his money and disappeared forever....the goon went crazy for a while and drank heavily but afterwards recovered....today he does strong arm stuff for MNS .

to come back to the original topic---the girls wear chaniya choli and dance to bollywood numbers .

we drink and watch . occasionally a client showers money in thousands to even lakhs on the girl . if you do this several times you get the chance to bed the girl many times . but the girl is after your money and she remains only as long as the money lasts . thus in the end these girls are high profile high class and extremely expensive prostitutes .

sometimes you get to hear a sad story . a friend of my friend managed to win a bar girl's heart by promising marriage . but when the time for marriage came his parents told him that if he married a bar girl he would have say goodbye to any inheritance from them . they shifted him to another house far away to keep her away from him . when the girl realised he had not met her for some time she went straight to the boy's parents and asked them to let him marry her . but they refused and there were a lot of tearful scenes as the girl was madly in love with him . she went into depression and tried to commit suicide but doctors saved her . the boy refused to get married to another girl for many years , but finally married late.....

the dance in the bars continues from late evening till 5 am in the morning .

another funny story i heard----a group of old parsi gentlemen from parsi colony used to go out for a morning jog at 5 . 30 am in the morning . suddenlly they changed their time to 4 am.....
after several such days the wife of one them got suspicious and followed them . and following them she landed in this dance bar where these old men were sitting at 4 . 30 in the morning in a dance bar drinking soft drinks watching the girls !! this they were doing wearing shorts they used to wear for jogging !!

the song ' kajra re ' on which aishwarya rai danced in ' bunti and babli ' was the most popular ever in dance bars---the girls used to dance most enthusiastically on it .

the one dream of these girls was to dance on himesh reshamiyya's songs when they were a rage . but by this time the ban had been enforced....

on the last day ( 14 august 2005 ) when the bars were open there were many emotional scenes . next day ( independence day ) the bars were going to be closed forever---so it seemed....
the girls hugged each other and cried as they said goodbye---many clients were in tears too....

an era in mumbai's nightlife was over.....
Old August 19th, 2015, 06:20 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Well written
Bahut saare bewdo ko nostalgic kar dega iss post se
And thanks, now we got to know another girl in your life
Niloufer
Old August 19th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

generally people tell their story as a friend's Mera ek dost hai usko apni neighbor aunty pe dil aa gaya hai, should he try?
Old August 19th, 2015, 06:28 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaj View Post
generally people tell their story as a friend's
in this case it is 'friend of friend' . read carefully
Old August 19th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
in this case it is 'friend of friend' . read carefully
added layer of security
Old August 19th, 2015, 07:36 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ashdoc's short account---dance bars of Mumbai

The recent supreme court decision to revoke the ban on dance bars in Mumbai brought back memories of nights spent in the dance bars of mumbai a decade back .

A short trip into nostalgia---

i used to go to these dance bars from the early 2000s till mid 2000s ---3 to 4 years....at that time i was in my mid to late twenties .

i dont even remember all the names of all the bars---dimmed from memory.....

one bar i remember is karishma bar of dance bar association chief manjit singh sethi at dadar .

but the best and most beautiful girls were to be found in tandoor bar at mahim !! i would have given a five star rating to that bar if i had to rate it....

one of the girls in tandoor bar---a muslim one named niloufer ( not real name ; these girls never use their real names in the bar)---was stunningly beautiful , slim and with light eyes and pink skin ; all the works.....

she used to regularly come and talk to me and give enticing smiles to me while dancing . naturally i was mesmerised......

but one guy warned me---she may be giving you the hint , but dont try to get her for a very dangerous goon is after her too and he is not averse to using violence to get rivals out of the way....

i was well warned !!

for later i heard that the goon went to the house of another guy who was after her and fired a pistol in the air to scare him off.....

later he and niloufer had an intimate relationship , or so i heard....

but she ran away to UP with much of his money and disappeared forever....the goon went crazy for a while and drank heavily but afterwards recovered....today he does strong arm stuff for MNS .

to come back to the original topic---the girls wear chaniya choli and dance to bollywood numbers .

we drink and watch . occasionally a client showers money in thousands to even lakhs on the girl . if you do this several times you get the chance to bed the girl many times . but the girl is after your money and she remains only as long as the money lasts . thus in the end these girls are high profile high class and extremely expensive prostitutes .

sometimes you get to hear a sad story . a friend of my friend managed to win a bar girl's heart by promising marriage . but when the time for marriage came his parents told him that if he married a bar girl he would have say goodbye to any inheritance from them . they shifted him to another house far away to keep her away from him . when the girl realised he had not met her for some time she went straight to the boy's parents and asked them to let him marry her . but they refused and there were a lot of tearful scenes as the girl was madly in love with him . she went into depression and tried to commit suicide but doctors saved her . the boy refused to get married to another girl for many years , but finally married late.....

the dance in the bars continues from late evening till 5 am in the morning .

another funny story i heard----a group of old parsi gentlemen from parsi colony used to go out for a morning jog at 5 . 30 am in the morning . suddenlly they changed their time to 4 am.....
after several such days the wife of one them got suspicious and followed them . and following them she landed in this dance bar where these old men were sitting at 4 . 30 in the morning in a dance bar drinking soft drinks watching the girls !! this they were doing wearing shorts they used to wear for jogging !!

the song ' kajra re ' on which aishwarya rai danced in ' bunti and babli ' was the most popular ever in dance bars---the girls used to dance most enthusiastically on it .

the one dream of these girls was to dance on himesh reshamiyya's songs when they were a rage . but by this time the ban had been enforced....

on the last day ( 14 august 2005 ) when the bars were open there were many emotional scenes . next day ( independence day ) the bars were going to be closed forever---so it seemed....
the girls hugged each other and cried as they said goodbye---many clients were in tears too....

an era in mumbai's nightlife was over.....

Good memories. You are actually younger than me. One of my school classmates married earlier this year. So, still not too late for you.

Anyways, i think i have written this account before, but same circa 2003. Me and my friend were drinking in Leopolds when a couple of German guys got friendly. They said it was nice escaping -5C at home and showed another Firang who was drinking a lot saying "He is sad he has to go back tomorrow". Then they said "We want to go to a place where girls dance". So, my friend quickly recommended mayrose and we all hailed a taxi for there. They seemed very happy there and were liberally showering 10 rupee notes on the girls who were also happy. I stuck to watching the girls (not bad =, but not as great as the ones Docji has seen)and drinking. What impressed me there was the waiter. He first tried talking to me in Kannada when i said 'Gothilla'. Then he asked, "Ye log German hai kya". Quite impressive considering that even now, i would find it hard to distinguish between different firangs. I was trying to ask an Old lady at Vegas if she was from England (from her accent) and she replied no, she was from Tennessee!.
Old August 19th, 2015, 07:37 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your friend was probably lucky .. I speak only from having watched lots of crime TV series and movies, this story is sooooo common and almost everytime ends with somebody dying, nearly did here as well. Why I say your friend was lucky, it could easily have been seen as an abetment to commit suicide.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 19th, 2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old August 19th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Was not this lady Shaftuga ( Bollywood ) also in those dance bars there,..
and later she started writing dialects and movie scripts,.. Recently 2-3 good movie stories and dialects came from her - one of them was on her's real life story, No ?

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...532397991.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shagufta_Rafiq