eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old July 18th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dance Bars Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzva View Post
Humhay eligible ki jagah negligible kyu bana rahe ho Amtha Bhai.GhaNaa Chokhaa Chohraa su mae...ekdum cutpiece ....taraashaa huaa....fursat may....bhramhaa ki sarvashresht rachnaa...
Miya, Rakhi not interested in Jews and Muslims

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:58 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like the arguments put forward by Flavia Agnes on TV. She said that the bar girls use their body to earn money just like an attractive front desk receptionist or a airhostess does.

Here is a long article by her after the ban in 2005.

I did visit only 1 dance bar in proper Mumbai in 2004. They are more for 'been there' experience than anything else. Apparently many guys who shower money on the girls are actually hired by the owners.

In Bangalore, one of my freinds flipped for a bar dancer and had off line talk with her and apparently there is quite a bit of exploitation in the sense they are almost caged when they are not dancing and are not paid their dues. They were apparently hired saying that they have to dance for marriages.
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously though, what exactly happens here? Lap dance? making out or actual act? If yes, where?
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Seriously though, what exactly happens here? Lap dance? making out or actual act? If yes, where?
Nothing much of that sort in the places i went.

There are girls dancing and in case of some bars in Mumbai, serving too. They are clad in some gaudy dresses, but mostly modestly. Actually the pics posted by sutradharji are for the more glamarous ones.

There is an entrance fee and sometimes girl will dance before you expecting some money (they try to figure out the seths and more attractive ones go after them).

There are indicators though that behind the scenes some of them are pros. I actually saw one guy telling (almost ordering) one girl 'Meet me later on', this was in Bangalore though.

I for one never found it worth spending the extra buck in such places. I normally used to accompany my freinds who were more interested.

My solo trip to a Proper Mumbai dance bar (my other 2 visits were in Vashi), invovled making some toursits happy. In leopolds, there were a couple of German guys sitting next to us who wanted to go to the place 'where women dance', and my friend took them to Mayrose. These guys looked quite thrilled and were showering quite a few 10 rupee notes on the girls, which of course made them happy. I was however impressed with the waiter, who guessed that these guys were Germans.
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks sgars.
Old July 19th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

You never went to actual ladies bar
The top ones were Topaz at Bombay Central,Carnival at Worli,Drumbeats at Tardeo,Charwahak at Borivali,Redhorse,Nightlovers,Samundra at Dahisar.
I have heard stories of how these bar dancers owned multiple flats in areas like Lokhandwala Bandra etc.

I feel RR Patil was right in closing down all the bars,it really controlled crime in Mumbai and many families were saved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Nothing much of that sort in the places i went.

There are girls dancing and in case of some bars in Mumbai, serving too. They are clad in some gaudy dresses, but mostly modestly. Actually the pics posted by sutradharji are for the more glamarous ones.

There is an entrance fee and sometimes girl will dance before you expecting some money (they try to figure out the seths and more attractive ones go after them).

There are indicators though that behind the scenes some of them are pros. I actually saw one guy telling (almost ordering) one girl 'Meet me later on', this was in Bangalore though.

I for one never found it worth spending the extra buck in such places. I normally used to accompany my freinds who were more interested.

My solo trip to a Proper Mumbai dance bar (my other 2 visits were in Vashi), invovled making some toursits happy. In leopolds, there were a couple of German guys sitting next to us who wanted to go to the place 'where women dance', and my friend took them to Mayrose. These guys looked quite thrilled and were showering quite a few 10 rupee notes on the girls, which of course made them happy. I was however impressed with the waiter, who guessed that these guys were Germans.
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to add the famous Deepa Bar from where Tarannum/Sweety belonged
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are typical cheap men , ewwwwww . : puke:
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
The top ones were Topaz at Bombay Central,Carnival at Worli,Drumbeats at Tardeo,Charwahak at Borivali,Redhorse,Nightlovers,Samundra at Dahisar.
I have heard stories of how these bar dancers owned multiple flats in areas like Lokhandwala Bandra etc.

I feel RR Patil was right in closing down all the bars,it really controlled crime in Mumbai and many families were saved.
I almost went to carnival at worli. One taxiwala took me there (i actually had come out of Athena and was looking for that 3 floors up or whatever the name is - cant remember now). But when we reached there, the place was closed and a police van was outside. So went back to my hotel then!
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:

I have heard a lot aboutTopaz. Apparently Sanju Baba was a frequent visitor there. Obviously when you have such visitors, you would be quite rich to have flats in all the hep places.
Old July 20th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

Mukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I had been to Topaz, Drumbeats, Samudra, (Not worli but at central), Deepa, whitehorse, etc. Once I have seen Telagi (who was cought fake stamp paper scams) showering more than one lakh on a single girl in Topaz. This bar was closed after Telgi was cought red handed there. Other two bars in front of it were also closed. Some bars at Tardeo and Central were known to start only after 10 and closed only at 5 AM.

I had been very frequent to these bars and have spoken to many girls, waitresses and even the owners. All these bars have strict rules for the girls to put all the earning in the box marked for each of them. They normally have two shifts. One from 2 to 7 and other from 7 to 12 or what ever is closing time. At end of show their box is opened by the manager who pays them about 10 to 15 percent of the collection. Rest of the money is kept by bar owners. Staff in most of the bars is very friendly and I never saw any bouncers being used there. Normally mobile number are exchanged between the clients and girl to contact after the show. Most of these girls are prostitutes who come to search for their clients, but there are others who earn their breads by dancing in the bars.

I found nothing bad in this culture expect that the girls are exploited by the owners.They are paid only a small amount of the earning and big amount is kept by them. There is no entry tickets to such bars but you have to pay Rs. 100 to 200 even for a bottle of mineral water. Nobody force you shower money and it is only at your wish. It costs about Rs 500 to 1000 for a good booze with live entertainment. Where else you can find it ?
Old July 21st, 2013, 06:35 AM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

Irony: You have a 'dance bar' where you have girls actually dancing!?!
Or maybe, its an oxymoron!
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:19 AM
Super eCharchan

Wish we had more ministers like him

Maharashtra minister defies Supreme Court order, says dance bars will remain closed

Mumbai: Maharashtra's Home Minister R R Patil continues his crusade against the opening of dance bars in the state, in defiance of last week's Supreme Court order, which lifted the 2005 ban imposed by the state government, calling it unconstitutional.

Speaking in the state Assembly today, Mr Patil reiterated his stand, saying dance bars will remain closed Maharashtra. He said the government is seeking legal opinion from the Attorney General on the matter.

Referring to the Supreme Court order, which based its judgement on the ground that the ban violates the constitutional right of the dancers to earn a living, Mr Patil said the Maharashtra government will amend the law that discriminates between dance bars and star-rated establishments.

Nearly 700 establishments across Maharashtra employed more than 75,000 women who performed Bollywood-style routines for cash in return, before the Mumbai Police in 2005 banned such performances in bars but allowed them in "elite establishments" and hotels that were of three-star standard or higher.

The decision, declared unconstitutional by the Bombay High Court, was then challenged by the state government in the Supreme Court which argued that the performances were vulgar and left women performers vulnerable to trafficking and exploitation.

Women activists and lawyers representing the bar dancers have called the government's stand sexist.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/ma...-closed-395535
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Wish we had more ministers like him
So, is the crime rate nil in Maharashtra? Are there going to be no terror attacks? Putting aside all those problems and going after bars shows some skewed priorities. Like earlier actions by that Dhoble character.

Not that having these bars is something great. Some guys go and waste their money there. But it is their problem. Of course their families are affected too, but if the guy believes in blowing up money in a beer bar, it is his fault, not the bar's. In this way if some people lose money on shares, does not mean you shut down the stock exchange.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Super eCharchan

You visit Mumbai once in a while so it must be ok for you to visit such places but what about regulars ? Few days ago I read that Topaz bar does not allow people to shower Rs.10 notes and whenever any customer asks for Chutta they are given change in Rs.20 notes and the minimum amount once the bar starts would be Rs.50

Now picture this a man visits a bar,one of the bar girl is at work to get his attention now if you have visited the bars you must be knowing to ask the name of the girl you would have to atleast call her 15 times with a ten rupee note in your hand,each time she takes the note and pretends as if she did not hear you asking.This man showers a few thousands on her to get her name then his next mission is to get her mobile number,few thousands more to get her number once this man gets her number he dreams of getting physical with her but when he calls her she would give him some story about how some other customer has plans to take her shopping now this guy to drive her attention from that imaginary guy takes her for some expensive shopping and the cycle continues

From where is the man getting the money to shower on the girl ? Initially he spends all his savings,salary later on he takes loans or does some corrupt or unethical dealings or some criminal activities.

Bechare ke ghar ke pankhe bikh jaate hi aur barwaali ke ghar mei A/C lag jaata hi

So a huge percentage of these regulars are either into crime or from rich families.
Chalo we assume the regulars are not into criminal activities or ignore the source of funds showered on these beauties, who is suffering because of these activities ? The man spends his evenings and nights at the bar the children are ignored the wife is ignored,health wealth and peace is lost.
These ladies bar have a huge impact on the society,just to feed these 70K bar beauties so many females are having a disturbed family life.So its better this business stays shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
So, is the crime rate nil in Maharashtra? Are there going to be no terror attacks? Putting aside all those problems and going after bars shows some skewed priorities. Like earlier actions by that Dhoble character.

Not that having these bars is something great. Some guys go and waste their money there. But it is their problem. Of course their families are affected too, but if the guy believes in blowing up money in a beer bar, it is his fault, not the bar's. In this way if some people lose money on shares, does not mean you shut down the stock exchange.