eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:54 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute
The insanity of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

I know I'm going to take a lot of flak for this. But its okay. So here it goes.

Quote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...e-1937411.html

With religious chastity under scrutiny, a new book throws light on Gandhi's practice of sleeping next to naked girls. In fact, he was sex-mad, writes biographer Jad Adams

It was no secret that Mohandas Gandhi had an unusual sex life. He spoke constantly of sex and gave detailed, often provocative, instructions to his followers as to how to they might best observe chastity. And his views were not always popular; "abnormal and unnatural" was how the first Prime Minister of independent India, Jawaharlal Nehru, described Gandhi's advice to newlyweds to stay celibate for the sake of their souls.

But was there something more complex than a pious plea for chastity at play in Gandhi's beliefs, preachings and even his unusual personal practices (which included, alongside his famed chastity, sleeping naked next to nubile, naked women to test his restraint)? In the course of researching my new book on Gandhi, going through a hundred volumes of his complete works and many tomes of eye-witness material, details became apparent which add up to a more bizarre sexual history.

Much of this material was known during his lifetime, but was distorted or suppressed after his death during the process of elevating Gandhi into the "Father of the Nation" Was the Mahatma, in fact, as the pre-independence prime minister of the Indian state of Travancore called him, "a most dangerous, semi-repressed sex maniac"?

Gandhi was born in the Indian state of Gujarat and married at 13 in 1883; his wife Kasturba was 14, not early by the standards of Gujarat at that time. The young couple had a normal sex life, sharing a bed in a separate room in his family home, and Kasturba was soon pregnant.

Two years later, as his father lay dying, Gandhi left his bedside to have sex with Kasturba. Meanwhile, his father drew his last breath. The young man compounded his grief with guilt that he had not been present, and represented his subsequent revulsion towards "lustful love" as being related to his father's death.

However, Gandhi and Kasturba's last child wasn't born until fifteen years later, in 1900.

In fact, Gandhi did not develop his censorious attitude to sex (and certainly not to marital sex) until he was in his 30s, while a volunteer in the ambulance corps, assisting the British Empire in its wars in Southern Africa. On long marches in sparsely populated land in the Boer War and the Zulu uprisings, Gandhi considered how he could best "give service" to humanity and decided it must be by embracing poverty and chastity.

At the age of 38, in 1906, he took a vow of brahmacharya, which meant living a spiritual life but is normally referred to as chastity, without which such a life is deemed impossible by Hindus.

Gandhi found it easy to embrace poverty. It was chastity that eluded him. So he worked out a series of complex rules which meant he could say he was chaste while still engaging in the most explicit sexual conversation, letters and behaviour.

With the zeal of the convert, within a year of his vow, he told readers of his newspaper Indian Opinion: "It is the duty of every thoughtful Indian not to marry. In case he is helpless in regard to marriage, he should abstain from sexual intercourse with his wife."

Meanwhile, Gandhi was challenging that abstinence in his own way. He set up ashrams in which he began his first "experiments" with sex; boys and girls were to bathe and sleep together, chastely, but were punished for any sexual talk. Men and women were segregated, and Gandhi's advice was that husbands should not be alone with their wives, and, when they felt passion, should take a cold bath.

The rules did not, however, apply to him. Sushila Nayar, the attractive sister of Gandhi's secretary, also his personal physician, attended Gandhi from girlhood. She used to sleep and bathe with Gandhi. When challenged, he explained how he ensured decency was not offended. "While she is bathing I keep my eyes tightly shut," he said, "I do not know ... whether she bathes naked or with her underwear on. I can tell from the sound that she uses soap." The provision of such personal services to Gandhi was a much sought-after sign of his favour and aroused jealousy among the ashram inmates.

As he grew older (and following Kasturba's death) he was to have more women around him and would oblige women to sleep with him whom – according to his segregated ashram rules – were forbidden to sleep with their own husbands. Gandhi would have women in his bed, engaging in his "experiments" which seem to have been, from a reading of his letters, an exercise in strip-tease or other non-contact sexual activity. Much explicit material has been destroyed but tantalising remarks in Gandhi's letters remain such as: "Vina's sleeping with me might be called an accident. All that can be said is that she slept close to me." One might assume, then, that getting into the spirit of the Gandhian experiment meant something more than just sleeping close to him.

It can't, one imagines, can have helped with the "involuntary discharges" which Gandhi complained of experiencing more frequently since his return to India. He had an almost magical belief in the power of semen: "One who conserves his vital fluid acquires unfailing power," he said.

Meanwhile, it seemed that challenging times required greater efforts of spiritual fortitude, and for that, more attractive women were required: Sushila, who in 1947 was 33, was now due to be supplanted in the bed of the 77-year-old Gandhi by a woman almost half her age. While in Bengal to see what comfort he could offer in times of inter-communal violence in the run-up to independence, Gandhi called for his 18-year-old grandniece Manu to join him – and sleep with him. "We both may be killed by the Muslims," he told her, "and must put our purity to the ultimate test, so that we know that we are offering the purest of sacrifices, and we should now both start sleeping naked."

Such behaviour was no part of the accepted practice of bramacharya. He, by now, described his reinvented concept of a brahmachari as: "One who never has any lustful intention, who, by constant attendance upon God, has become proof against conscious or unconscious emissions, who is capable of lying naked with naked women, however beautiful, without being in any manner whatsoever sexually excited ... who is making daily and steady progress towards God and whose every act is done in pursuance of that end and no other." That is, he could do whatever he wished, so long as there was no apparent "lustful intention". He had effectively redefined the concept of chastity to fit his personal practices.

Thus far, his reasoning was spiritual, but in the maelstrom that was India approaching independence he took it upon himself to see his sex experiments as having national importance: "I hold that true service of the country demands this observance," he stated.

But while he was becoming bolder in his self-righteousness, Gandhi's behaviour was widely discussed and criticised by family members and leading politicians. Some members of his staff resigned, including two editors of his newspaper who left after refusing to print parts of Gandhi's sermons dealing with his sleeping arrangements.

But Gandhi found a way of regarding the objections as a further reason tocontinue. "If I don't let Manu sleep with me, though I regard it as essential that she should," he announced, "wouldn't that be a sign of weakness in me?"

Eighteen-year-old Abha, the wife of Gandhi's grandnephew Kanu Gandhi, rejoined Gandhi's entourage in the run-up to independence in 1947 and by the end of August he was sleeping with both Manu and Abha at the same time.

When he was assassinated in January 1948, it was with Manu and Abha by his side. Despite her having been his constant companion in his last years, family members, tellingly, removed Manu from the scene. Gandhi had written to his son: "I have asked her to write about her sharing the bed with me," but the protectors of his image were eager to eliminate this element of the great leader's life. Devdas, Gandhi's son, accompanied Manu to Delhi station where he took the opportunity of instructing her to keep quiet.

Questioned in the 1970s, Sushila revealingly placed the elevation of this lifestyle to a brahmacharya experiment was a response to criticism of this behaviour. "Later on, when people started asking questions about his physical contact with women – with Manu, with Abha, with me – the idea of brahmacharya experiments was developed ... in the early days, there was no question of calling this a brahmacharya experiment." It seems that Gandhi lived as he wished, and only when challenged did he turn his own preferences into a cosmic system of rewards and benefits. Like many great men, Gandhi made up the rules as he went along.

While it was commonly discussed as damaging his reputation when he was alive, Gandhi's sexual behaviour was ignored for a long time after his death. It is only now that we can piece together information for a rounded picture of Gandhi's excessive self-belief in the power of his own sexuality. Tragically for him, he was already being sidelined by the politicians at the time of independence. The preservation of his vital fluid did not keep India intact, and it was the power-brokers of the Congress Party who negotiated the terms of India's freedom.

Gandhi: Naked Ambition is published by Quercus (20). To order a copy for the special price of 18 (free P&P) call Independent Books Direct on 08430 600 030, or visit www.independentbooksdirect.co.uk

Last edited by Origmos; February 5th, 2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:43 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The insanity of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

No Flak O Pai. Gandhiji was a human with his own weaknesses. He became a Mahatma and a Rashtrapita thanks to Goddse.
His vision and methods however were very futiristic. Like all great leaders, he also had his madnesses.

As per me, there are following flaws in
Gandhiji's 'Test'.
1. He was using his own grandnieces who would not really titillate him and you would be naturally relucatnt to 'act'. he should have slept next to a pro. THat would have been a real test.

2. He was doing this when in his late 70s - Though thanks to his good diet and active lifestyle, he would have been fitter than Nehru and Patel, he should have started his experiments much earlier.

The fact that he got away with all his tests just points to his stature.
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:08 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
No Flak O Pai. Gandhiji was a human with his own weaknesses. He became a Mahatma and a Rashtrapita thanks to Goddse.
His vision and methods however were very futiristic. Like all great leaders, he also had his madnesses.

As per me, there are following flaws in
Gandhiji's 'Test'.
1. He was using his own grandnieces who would not really titillate him and you would be naturally relucatnt to 'act'. he should have slept next to a pro. THat would have been a real test.

2. He was doing this when in his late 70s - Though thanks to his good diet and active lifestyle, he would have been fitter than Nehru and Patel, he should have started his experiments much earlier.

The fact that he got away with all his tests just points to his stature.
Hmm I don't agree. Buts its okay. I do not want to argue over Gandhi here. Its for people to realize his perversions, madness and hypocricy themselves. He was very obviously deranged in his own way. Obviously not worth of the hero worship he gets for his mistakes not just extended to his personal life alone. Thankfully the internet makes such coverup no longer possible. I'm just glad that one by one, all the skeletons are tumbling out.

Last edited by Origmos; February 5th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Did you/we approve the new Rs. symbol, something which is equivalent to $ ?
Do we accept/vote directly for the President ?
Did we create a special post for Sonia Gandhi which gives her powers equal to the Prime Minister ?

The above and many such things are forced on us.

I am sure even if there would have been a voting or survey for the father of the nation no one would have voted/approved Gandhiji

This again was forced upon us by the congress as usual then also
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:23 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

Son of a bitch!
we have no father of the nation now, but a saare desh ka baap instead.

Indian history text books ought to be thrown out and we should study world history specific to country of interest instead. Might help with immigration.

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old February 5th, 2013, 10:23 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Did we create a special post for Sonia Gandhi which gives her powers equal to the Prime Minister ?

I am sure even if there would have been a voting or survey for the father of the nation no one would have voted/approved Gandhiji

Bhau, you are rooting for direct democracy which is there only in Switzerland with all its refrendums for everything.

All this forcing upon, is due to 'Indirect democracy' which is there in majority of the world. people elect some people who decide on most of the things like economic affairs, foreign policy, etc. In any given country there will be opponents too. Here, the President, Rupee symbol and the Empress Maino all are by the people who were elected by the electorate.

In case you get back to India and vote next time, probably we could see the Vikas Purush as the PM who would then force things on people like Marvi and Cha pai.
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origmos View Post
Thankfully the internet makes such coverup no longer possible. I'm just glad that one by one, all the skeletons are tumbling out.
His experiments were known during 70s itself when Khushwant Singh ventured into the 'Sex Life of Mahatma Gandhi'.

His sleeping with naked girls was known to the whole world and Gandhi himself never covered it up. I have also pointed out that his 'experiments' were actually flawed, i.e. not true tests.

It is just that with internet, you see these in a written format.

I even heard during the 80s that Nehru had actually died of Syphillis. I havent come across that one on the net.
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:33 PM

top search in google

Old March 19th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: top search in google

One should not measure the greatness of a man or reduce it by bringing his Sex life into picture.

Old March 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

This is what Gandhi did during his college days for extra money

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat View Post
One should not measure the greatness of a man or reduce it by bringing his Sex life into picture.
There was little else to him than his sex life. What are his achievements? He stole all credit of the Independance. The british would have left anyways.

More in the link below.

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...a+gandhi+girls

Last edited by viking; March 19th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha... Tharki Dhongi...He was a normal human being like all of us... Imagin yourself in bed with naked women.... What would you have done ????????

If all such written is true, then this was all done not for the sake of brahmacharya... He was full of lust.. and he took advantage of his mahatma/big leader position and always did what he wanted.

Lust didnt even spare Rishi Munis... check devi devtas old stories... This is something very natural to a human being to fall into lust under such situation.
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
There was little else to him than his sex life. What are his achievements? He stole all credit of the Independance. The british would have left anyways.

More in the link below.

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...a+gandhi+girls
But how many people did what he did?

Same could be said of any event, and not give credit.

Old March 20th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He is mahatma thanks to Rabindranath Tagore, not godse, it is like saying Indira is famous because of Beant Singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post

I approve of Rs symbol, it was made by a tamil IITian who probably cannot read Devanagari script
Indians are still not fit for democracy, we were ruled for thousands of years by Rajputs, muslims and then British, we jumped into democracy when more than 75% of our people never knew how to spell democracy

Quote:
His experiments were known during 70s itself when Khushwant Singh ventured into the 'Sex Life of Mahatma Gandhi'.

His sleeping with naked girls was known to the whole world and Gandhi himself never covered it up. I have also pointed out that his 'experiments' were actually flawed, i.e. not true tests.

It is just that with internet, you see these in a written format.

I even heard during the 80s that Nehru had actually died of Syphillis. I havent come across that one on the net.
Khushwant Singh also supported emergency, since when his views has become a topic for scholarly discussions

jeetIAF
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you the first one to put it in written on the internet.. now more people searching about Nehru will end up on ec.