eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 10th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
How real are paranormal activities?

So, my husband bought this Paranormal Activity-2 dvd last night and started watching (I didnt). Later, there was this Ghost Hunters being played in History Chanel. A full documentary was shown claiming that its real.
I started wondering, is this paranormal thingy for real?

Have you ever experienced anything weird? I did once but most of my friends say that I am either lying or have hallucinated at that time (which is possible, given that I was not well that time).

So...Have you ever experienced anything weird/out of the ordinary?

Thread awarded Crown of the Week
- Winner of Crown of the week!

Last edited by sunnykode; February 24th, 2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

soniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond reputesoniya 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How real are paranormal activities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
So, my husband bought this Paranormal Activity-2 dvd last night and started watching (I didnt). Later, there was this Ghost Hunters being played in History Chanel. A full documentary was shown claiming that its real.

Have you ever experienced anything weird? I did once but most of my friends say that I am either lying or have hallucinated at that time (which is possible, given that I was not well that time).

OMG , OMG ......trust me rakhi i was about to start the same thread about ghosts .

(i guess u finally watched that video )
i have not experienced any such thing ... never.
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniya 2 View Post
OMG , OMG ......trust me rakhi i was about to start the same thread about ghosts .

(i guess u finally watched that video )
i have not experienced any such thing ... never.
I dont think they are real. If they were, wouldn't they make sure I knew they were real? I havent seen that video yet....i will see from home.
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

yeah. tell me urs ill tell u mine.

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old February 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg View Post
yeah. tell me urs ill tell u mine.
When i was in university, I used to share my condo with a girl friend of mine. It was her birthday day and she was celebrating it lakeside. I couldnt go because I was unwell. I was by myself and at about 10 PM, I was trying to sleep and suddenly I felt someone walk in the room. I almost screamed thinking it was a robber or something but then in the next second i realized that I am actually looking at a shadow. I could see because of the moon light from the window.
It just kept moving about for a minute or so until I had the courage to get up from the bed and switch on the lights. I quickly got dressed up and went to the party.

No one believes that I had seen a weird shadow...

Your turn .
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Why do ghosts etc disappear after the lights are switched on
Why are they visible only during the night time when you are alone ? why dont they come out in public places,crowded places,during day time
Quote:
When i was in university, I used to share my condo with a girl friend of mine. It was her birthday day and she was celebrating it lakeside. I couldnt go because I was unwell. I was by myself and at about 10 PM, I was trying to sleep and suddenly I felt someone walk in the room. I almost screamed thinking it was a robber or something but then in the next second i realized that I am actually looking at a shadow. I could see because of the moon light from the window.
It just kept moving about for a minute or so until I had the courage to get up from the bed and switch on the lights. I quickly got dressed up and went to the party.

No one believes that I had seen a weird shadow...

Your turn .
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Why do ghosts etc disappear after the lights are switched on
Why are they visible only during the night time when you are alone ? why dont they come out in public places,crowded places,during day time
maybe because they are not real?
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are real but only in our minds,in our thoughts
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
They are real but only in our minds,in our thoughts
If you isolate the moments in which you saw the shadow, like still pictures, it'd be real for those moments.
Again, it might be an illusion, just like you saw my signature blinking.

Old February 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
If you isolate the moments in which you saw the shadow, like still pictures, it'd be real for those moments.
Again, it might be an illusion, just like you saw my signature blinking.
Blink kar raha hi,dyaan se dekh

Now now dont change it
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blink kar raha hi,dyaan se dekh

Now now dont change it
Abe wo tu blink kar raha hai...

Old February 10th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Abe wo tu blink kar raha hai...
I always blink like this

Rakhi
Earlier days the movies were black and white and to show the bhoot or ghosts in the night they had to show them in white clothes and people started thinking that ghosts always wear white clothes,today also many people when they describe seeing something the first thing they will say about them being in white some would describe them as transparent some in shadows.Its nothing but a deception by our thoughts.

Ofcourse reading some books about them me too feel that they must be there but still 50-50
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:10 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Does telepathy count as paranormal?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old February 10th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont think they are real. If they were, wouldn't they make sure I knew they were real? I havent seen that video yet....i will see from home.
I think the ghost fraternity is very choosy about whom they allow access and you are not allowed

Okay on the topic.....I have tons of experience myself. (I was about to start the topic myself...been thinking on it for almost a two week now).

When I was preparing for TOEFL and SAT to come to US, one of my dad's friend was helping me prepare. I used to stay at their place a lot and one day my dad's friend's wife died in front of me. She was very good lady and used to help me a lot in studies (in English). Since they were from Mumbai and the lady was Christian, they wanted to do the ceremony in Mumbai, so I had to stay in the house for that night.
I asked my friends to accompany me and we were all scared (the house was a little far from city). And in the morning, I could see a ghostly figure by my side trying to wake me up and asking me to prepare for my exam .
I could not speak anything and the figure vanished in front of me. Now I know this cannot be real, cause I do not beleive in ghosts but man was I spooked

Second such experience was when I first came to US and got my own apartment. Next day was my first day at university and I did not have any alarm clock or anything. So I was worried I might not wake up in the morning and would miss the classes (did not have any friends then and first class was at 8). At about 7:00 I was a shadow by my side asking me to wake up.

Every now and then I see these shadows by my bed and then I stay awake for the rest of the night

So yeah it is fun

Old February 10th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I always blink like this

Rakhi
Earlier days the movies were black and white and to show the bhoot or ghosts in the night they had to show them in white clothes and people started thinking that ghosts always wear white clothes,today also many people when they describe seeing something the first thing they will say about them being in white some would describe them as transparent some in shadows.Its nothing but a deception by our thoughts.
Good point Swami bhai
I know it is the mind playing tricks on you, but hell when you see the shadow or figure, it is hard to sleep after