eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old April 7th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
Mani Ratnams latest

I went to watch this movie thinking it is in Hindi going by its name "Cheliya".

But it was in Telugu. Did not understand much. Background is Kargil war where the hero, a fighter pilot, becomes a PoW. His love story comes back in flashes. Aditi Rao Hydari is a doctor who falls for the pilot. But they get separated even before the hero becomes PoW. So does he escape and do they get together in the end?

There isn't much in the movies story to hold your attention. The hero is outright irritating wearing sunglasses through out the movie and tries some SRK type arrogance. I thought Madhavan would have been a better choice. But the cinematography and direction is brilliant. Some scenes take your breath away and make you feel a couple of decades younger simply amazing! I thought Guru Dutt was the master of lighting, shadows to make an impact. And then there is this one song during the godh Bharai of heros bhabhi. The sets, lighting and colours in that song ooze class and elegance. For me it was a paisa vasool song.

Aditi Hydari looks every bit royal as her background. Even with that upper lip fault, she looks million dollars. I am now convinced that South directors are far more talented. No director in Bwood could do what Mani has done with Aditi. I used to always like her for her gori, nice malai type chamadi, now I like her more She is probably the best presented among Mani heroines, may be Manisha only a little better.

The movie is slow at times and drags a bit. But the close ups and the angles make up for the slowness. If you are patient, you will be rewarded with a great experience. I wish the war part and the escape attempt was given a little more weightage and filmed more intensely.
Old April 8th, 2017, 04:36 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mani Ratnams latest

good review bhidubhai .
Old April 8th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
good review bhidubhai .
thank you. aapka thoda sa asar hua hai shayad
Old April 12th, 2017, 02:55 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Why Fighter pilots are always tharki with sunglasses in the movie

I blame Tom cruise, never had such instructor ever

jeetIAF