eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old September 12th, 2001, 01:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
If LeT was responsible for the attacks, then I am the Queen of England.

It was obvious that all terrorist organisations were going to take credit for the attacks.
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:10 AM
Junior eCharchan

gumnaam is on a distinguished road
Pak family questioned in connection with US attacks

A Pakistani family that owns an airport baggage handling company in the US is among those being questioned in regard to the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington on Tuesday, the Fox News Channel reported on Wednesday. .....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...rt_id=34490310
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:14 AM
Junior eCharchan

Israel, India next?

By Kesava Menon

MANAMA (Bahrain), SEPT. 11. Israel has evacuated all diplomatic missions around the world fearing that the attacks in the U.S. might not mark the end of today's tragedies. The Palestinian Authority President, Mr. Yasser Arafat, has been amongst the first to issue a statement condemning the incident. There are stray reports of signs of celebration in the Arab world accompanied with statements to the effect that ``Israel and India should be next''.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/stories/01120002.htm
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:18 AM
Junior eCharchan

Satyam is a glorious beacon of lightSatyam is a glorious beacon of lightSatyam is a glorious beacon of lightSatyam is a glorious beacon of lightSatyam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
Just came for work and haven't seen the posts. What happened yesterday was shocking to say the least. Don't have words to express my feelings.

Shocking also were the images of palestinians celebrating, even small kids were rejoicing. Absolutely unbelievable. I always used to worry about children during bomb attacks. But when I saw those kids with wide smiles on their faces, I realised that they were going to become hard core terrorists when they grew up. The scum needs to be destroyed.
I told you so in as many posts.
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:25 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy I am witness to this event here

The IBM guys and many other office people were evacuated and are standing on the streets ..including me

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (CNN) -- Reports of a bomb threat at IBM's head office in Malaysia have surfaced after the bomb scare evacuation of the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur.

"We learned there was also a threat received at the IBM tower which is located on a suburb of Kuala Lumpur -- a 24 story high building," Reuters Kuala Lumpur Bureau Chief Simon Cameron-Moore told CNN in a phone interview.

"The police sent a squad there," said Cameron-Moore. "And the search still going on."

Six thousand employees from Reuters and other Petronas Towers-based companies evacuated the tallest building in the world after the police were alerted that a bomb would explode at 0900 local time.

The employees have returned to the Towers, but stores in the building's shopping center remain closed.

Reports quote police officials as saying they now suspect the call was a prank, but said they were taking no chances following the airplane attacks in New York and Washington.

The attacks in New York City began shortly before 0900 local time Tuesday. Cameron-Moore said the terror attacks in the U.S. "were in the minds of the people" who were evacuated

http://www.cnn.com/2001/BUSINESS/asi...ort/index.html

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Satyam

I told you so in as many posts.
No you didn't Satyam. You were talking about all Muslims, I am only talking about terrorists. What I said also holds true for terrorist hindus like the Tamilian Tigers who destroyed the airport in Sri Lanka. My daughter's friend (a Sri Lankan girl adopted by a Swiss family) lost a close friend in the explosion.
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:37 AM
Junior eCharchan

On the Street?

Isn't things settled yet? I thought it was settled already.

I am in SG & have a few friends there, now getting worried about them.

BTW, r u posting this standing on the street?
Old September 12th, 2001, 02:47 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Street?

Quote:
Originally posted by gumnaam
Isn't things settled yet? I thought it was settled already.

I am in SG & have a few friends there, now getting worried about them.

BTW, r u posting this standing on the street?
oh ..yes ..settled already .
Was out of office ..so posted it very late.
We were allowed to go into our office ..after the police people have checked the area. Its all OK nothing to worry about.

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old September 12th, 2001, 03:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

bakchatter is on a distinguished road
Exclamation OBL denies involvement...

Hi all,

OBL as denied involvement.
http://www.rediff.com/us/2001/sep/12ny15.htm
Old September 12th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
My cousin

is ok......got thro to India after hours......spoke to his dad. Have gotten word hes ok. Still no direct communication.

Thanks to all concerned echarchans......

Mark Twain
Old September 12th, 2001, 07:24 AM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Thank god! its really good to hear about ur cousin Chachu!

Yesterday,we r also worried about 1 of our cousin,but later night he call us,and told he is fine and doing rescue work on WTC site.
Old September 12th, 2001, 07:25 AM
Pakka Desi

IA is just really niceIA is just really niceIA is just really niceIA is just really nice
haven't heard from eNRI yet. eNRI are you safe reply.

My condolences for all the families who lost their loved ones. May god give them strength to overcome this nightmare.
Old September 12th, 2001, 07:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Sheena and Videsee bhaya, I am glad for both of you.
Old September 12th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

bakchatter is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Morgan Stanley

Can anyone please let me know about Mr Sameer Veer Singh who is working with Morgan Stanley?
Old September 12th, 2001, 07:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by IA
haven't heard from eNRI yet. eNRI are you safe reply.

Idrees, I don't think we need to worry about eNRI. He had mentioned once that he hated NY and would hate to live there. I think he is living in a small town which is crime free. Doesn't sound either like Washington or New York.

I am sure he is ok and will be back with us soon.