eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old February 21st, 2001, 02:09 PM
Junior eCharchan

Tsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant futureTsunami has a brilliant future
Thumbs down

Is halal the right way of pleasing ones god????Slitting a goats throat and letting it suffer to death till all the blood flows out.Is it right to torture a living being to death inorder to please your god.

It should be banned in India.
Old February 21st, 2001, 02:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Not only is halal inhuman and torturous, it also ruins the taste of the meat. When you slit an animals throat a little and let it bleed to death, the animal produces huge doses of adrenalin which causes the muscles to contract, the flesh to toughen and become bitter.

For meat to be tender and juicy, the jhatka method is much better when the animal cannot even see it coming and therefore has no time for the adrenaline glands to kick in.

Old February 21st, 2001, 02:18 PM
Aashiq hoon baharon ka

perfect_storm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Tsunami
Is halal the right way of pleasing ones god????Slitting a goats throat and letting it suffer to death till all the blood flows out.Is it right to torture a living being to death inorder to please your god.

It should be banned in India.
Neither of the method (HALAL or JHATKA) is good for the goats (or animal). It does not matter how u killed or kill an animal, in one shot or in different shots both ways u kill a goat just to please ur STOMACH (God has nothing to do with that)

Old February 21st, 2001, 02:37 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Ugly

It does not please the god's maybe but it does please the barbarians who do it!.These are the very people who have violence running thru their veins.This revelry in blood suits them fine.
Old February 21st, 2001, 03:00 PM
X

Xandu is on a distinguished road
barbarianism is the key word. As humans the Pakis are not evolved yet. That's why they indulge in such sadistic practices.

Ever seen a cheetah hunt its prey in the natural food chain? most cases the predator goes for the throat. Ofcourse, while that looks elegant on discovery channel it definitely is sickening and depraved for evolved humans.

Old February 21st, 2001, 04:29 PM
X

Xandu is on a distinguished road
Narci,

I have no answer to what you have to say. because you are so right. Though I avoid all other kinds of meat and I have tried going vegetarian a few times but cant avoid eggs and occasional chicken (particualrly in USA). There's "vege" meats avbl in some chinese restaurants here but it's pretty bad. anyways, since I'm not one I don't advocate vegetarianism thoh I'd like to.

In some sense, I am pretty much like a few surd freinds of mine - who got to a South indian vege restaurant as a speciality, have a six course hearty meal and at the end of it say "Oye yeh sab to achcha tha, mazaa aya - ab tandoori chicken lao"

Only thing I may quote as a reason for non-vege is that it fits the natural food chain to maintain ecological balance. but in case of humans that does not apply as animals are bred to be eaten. but if I am eating it then I'd rather that it does not know that and experinece the pain. the best this hypocrite can want.

X

Old February 21st, 2001, 07:43 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Narci, Xandu,

I disagree. True, the human body is not built to live on meat alone, but it is meant to be an omnivorous body, similar to other omnivores.

There is an advantage to being on top of the food chain, as it were, and be able to choose what you want to eat. There is no right and wrong, only personal belief. I, for one, eat all kinds of meat - chicken, beef, pork, fish .....

Narcissus, about your statement about not killing an animal to survive. Please dont tell me you have never swatted a mosquito or fly, cause I wont believe you, even if you were a card carrying Jain Digamber. It is unavoidable. So dont make statements like that. Tomorrow, if a dog attacks you and you have a bat in your hand, you will swing at it just like everyone else. That is called survival instinct.

Old February 22nd, 2001, 01:43 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
Apart from that the thing is no matter what you eat you are technically speaking killing something to survive....being a vegetarian doesnt imply you are not hurting other beings...plants are as living as animals are in fact as can be shown by the use of a Crescograph when you severe part of a plant the plant too produces impulses and chemicals which are similar to that produced by animals when they are slaughtered...so dont think there is much of a distinction on that basis....

Agreed the human form and body isnt designed to be as much of a carnivore as say the feline family but the thing is we arent designed to be pure herbivores either because then you would have to compare our digestive tract with that of a cow or a horse or something of that form because the diet levels humans have are comparable to those species not primates(or maybe a gorilla if you are really keen on comparing to primates)....and looking at their systems we will realise that we dont have as long an intestinal system as them and many other features like certain microorganisms and fluids which are secreted by the glands lining their intestines are not produced by us.....

For e.g. humans cannot break down cellulose which is the primary constituent of the cell walls of plant cells and cows produce cellulase in great amounts....

The structure of the digestive system too has to be very different to be able to live on a purely herbivorous diet....cows regurgitate and humans dont(atleast not to the same end)

Apart from that the nutritional content of the food also means that for certain purposes it becomes unviable to live on a vegetarian diet...for example athletes and bodybuilders need a high protein low fat diet....now the only food items which satisfy those requirements are white meat milk products(skimmed so paneer goes out of the window) egg albumin pulses and soya.....the problem with the vegetarian bits in this is that they can be consumed only uptill a point for example having too much of rajma/daals means you will be waging biological warfare on your family the next morning.....milk and milk products are not solid so having too much of skimmed milk will pressurise your kidneys and cause loose motions after a point(you can try if you wish)....soya is again like daals and the problem with pulses/soya is also about plant cells and not being able to break them down etc...so white meat/eggs about the only option which remains viable....again white meat not RED and that too ungreased because the natural fat content of meat tends to be relatively high so best to grill/roast/cook in oven....

So provided one hits the balance right(I say 25 - 75 meat and veg. resp.)meat is ok....

And yeah smelly bhai I have had halaal for a long time(15 years) and now I have non halaal meat....I couldnt make out the difference that you mentioned with the flow of adrenaline causing bitterness....have you got any url or something where I can read more about it????
Old February 22nd, 2001, 08:06 AM
Aashiq hoon baharon ka

Quote:
Originally posted by laal_langot
Apart from that the thing is no matter what you eat you are technically speaking killing something to survive....being a vegetarian doesnt imply you are not hurting other beings...plants are as living as animals are in fact as can be shown by the use of a Crescograph when you severe part of a plant the plant too produces impulses and chemicals which are similar to that produced by animals when they are slaughtered...so dont think there is much of a distinction on that basis....

Agreed the human form and body isnt designed to be as much of a carnivore as say the feline family but the thing is we arent designed to be pure herbivores either because then you would have to compare our digestive tract with that of a cow or a horse or something of that form because the diet levels humans have are comparable to those species not primates(or maybe a gorilla if you are really keen on comparing to primates)....and looking at their systems we will realise that we dont have as long an intestinal system as them and many other features like certain microorganisms and fluids which are secreted by the glands lining their intestines are not produced by us.....

For e.g. humans cannot break down cellulose which is the primary constituent of the cell walls of plant cells and cows produce cellulase in great amounts....

The structure of the digestive system too has to be very different to be able to live on a purely herbivorous diet....cows regurgitate and humans dont(atleast not to the same end)

langot u looks very serious today....I really didn't beleive that I am reading langot's post......a Different Storke
Old February 22nd, 2001, 08:34 AM
Junior eCharchan

gandu_chief is on a distinguished road
If you're eating goats, then it doesn't matter whether its Halaal or Jhatka. You are killing an animal, thats all !!!

Its just your culture that you take halaal or jhatka.

Anyway, following is a recipe of a dish:

Salad of Grilled Marinated Eggplant and Sonoma Goat Cheese

Ingredients:
4 each 1" slice of eggplant
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 oz. California goat cheese (room temperature)
2 oz. cream cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon chopped chives
1 teaspoon. chopped thyme
salt and fresh-ground white pepper to taste
2 oz. assorted mixed greens
1/2 oz. aged balsamic vinegar

Steps
1: Cut eggplant crosswise into 1-inch slices and place in a shallow baking dish.
2. Mix garlic and olive oil and brush over eggplant; let sit 30 minutes. Grill or broil until soft (approximately 10 minutes). Set aside.
3. Combine cheeses, garlic, and herbs; mix well. Place equal amounts on top of grilled eggplant slices.
4. Place eggplant in the middle of a salad plate and garnish with small amount of mixed greens tossed with balsamic vinegar. Drizzle vinegar on plate as a garnish.

[Edited by gandu_chief on 02-22-2001 at 11:32 AM]
Old February 22nd, 2001, 08:42 AM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
Ideal gift for the CHIEFAN chief.....wahi baat hui na chor pocket mein gift archies mein dhandhora.....yeh dish pakaa ke khilaayo(not forgetting the yellow flower which you have to phasao in your hair....if you cant manage that get a wig whatever but thats a must for the EFFECT)

As for a diferent stroke....kabhi kabhi Prasad bhi Chakka maar deta hai yaar
Old February 22nd, 2001, 08:43 AM
Senior eCharchan

Gandu_chief,

You forgot the last step ..

5. Serve with freshly grilled Chicken or Beef..

Old February 22nd, 2001, 08:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

aryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to beholdaryaputra is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by gandu_chief
If you're eating goats, then it doesn't matter whether its Halaal or Jhatka. You are killing an animal, thats all !!!

Its just your culture that you take halaal or jhatka.

Anyway, for those who take meat, following is a recipe of a dish:

Salad of Grilled Marinated Eggplant and Sonoma Goat Cheese

Ingredients:
4 each 1" slice of eggplant
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 oz. California goat cheese (room temperature)
2 oz. cream cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon chopped chives
1 teaspoon. chopped thyme
salt and fresh-ground white pepper to taste
2 oz. assorted mixed greens
1/2 oz. aged balsamic vinegar

Chief,
where is the meat?
all you have is Goat Cheese - not Goat meat
Old February 22nd, 2001, 08:59 AM
loin.....loin cloth

Meaty bita humhein de di to khudd kya khaayeingay chief??? aur agar khudd meat naheen khaayeingay to CHEIFAN ko propose karne ke liye jigar kahaan se ayegaa....no problem chief issss recipe ka meat aap rakho ek hi team mein hain dono.......bataana zaroor kaisi rahi aapki inning....
Old February 22nd, 2001, 09:41 AM
Aashiq hoon baharon ka

Quote:
Originally posted by laal_langot
Ideal gift for the CHIEFAN chief.....wahi baat hui na chor pocket mein gift archies mein dhandhora.....yeh dish pakaa ke khilaayo(not forgetting the yellow flower which you have to phasao in your hair....if you cant manage that get a wig whatever but thats a must for the EFFECT)

As for a diferent stroke....kabhi kabhi Prasad bhi Chakka maar deta hai yaar
Langoo, Kehin aisa to nehi Gaandu_chief ne ye dish pehle hi paka ke khila di ho aur after getting approval, he just published here........

Langoo Venkky bola kar yaar, "Prasad" se me to confuse hi ho gaya tha ek baar, (ganesh ki baat dusri thread me ho rehi thi socha Prasad yehan kya ker reha hai)