eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Recipe Corner

Notices

Recipe Corner Share your tried-and-tested favourite recipes...

Old October 4th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of
Making Hot Potato :

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7uKinPk40tg/maxresdefault.jpg

Microwave hot potato - No Fire / Flame or Oven.

[ Potato, Shredded cheese, sour cream, oil, salt, black pepper ]

Buy a long potato, labeled specially for making the ‘ Hot potatoes ‘.

Clean it thoroughly, Brush it, check for any dead worms on it, remove any dead worm spots with sharp knife,… ( you can also use 2-3 potatoes if are small,.. instead of one big.

Insert the fork thoroughly in it, hold it with fork on a cutting board and stab with the knife shown, all around it, 15-25+ times, a 0.5 in deep cuts, all around its faces/skin, on a cutting board.

Rub the potato with the pickles’ tasty oil ( if not, use regular oil / butter ) , also rub salt on it with fingers all around its skin.

In a broad glass plate shown, keep a little water ( 0.2-0.3 inch depth around ) and microwave potato for 4 min. about. Again, switch its side ( upside down) and microwave it with 4 minutes around.

Take the dish out, with knife, cross cut on top ( making a deep X ) and fill it with shredded cheese and sour cream. ( may fill with a little butter also, if like ) , Take any excess water left in the plate, away.

Again microwave it for 1.5 to 2 minutes, till cheese gets melted.

Sprinkle salt and kaali mirchi ( melt a little butter piece on top ) and serve in the same plate. Serve Hot, Eat hot n' steamy.

-----------

Last edited by log1iszero; October 5th, 2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old October 5th, 2017, 05:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Making Hot Potato :

my favourite (though i bake mine).
I top the sour cream with chives and bacon.
Old October 5th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Banned

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

Yaah,.. u can also make it in regular oven, also kitchen-counter top small portable oven,.. or you can also,.. simply steam- fry (with water) in any pressure cooker,...

In Range-oven, some ppl makes it professionally by wrapping the aluminum foil and such,.. the problem is,... for 1-2 potato its just too much to heat d whole oven ( rather, do it in portable oven, with those aluminum foils wrapped ) and more work involved, while MW makes it in 7-8 minutes, unattended and without any risk of flame-fire/over burnt,...

Wendy was selling long ago for 99 cent a dish, we ate almost every sunday,....but problem was, they never look for dead worm-spots on it, and you eat all dead-worms on a potato,.. !

on YT, you can search-word for making it, and many vdos are really interesting. IMO, this is a very easy, quick, unattended home-made lunch for gents guy, with not much cooking or flame-fire involved,...

Next time, try coating it with Pickle spicy oil and salt on its skin a bit, ( before putting it in oven ) to make the skin also interestingly eatable,...

Last edited by log1iszero; October 5th, 2017 at 07:27 AM.
Old October 5th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

I bake at 400 D for 1 hour. and yes, foil wrapped. It doesnt need baby sitting but yes, not a quick meal.
I do like the skin part. I never thought of looking for dead worms on skin though.
Old October 5th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Banned

Kabhi potato aur sweet-potato ki sabzii banaayi hi nahin , kya ?
np,.. SIs are eating octopus and seafood anyway

On any big size potato, those spots are dead worms, you need to remove those,.. ! The way I was raised, my mother never let anyone to cut potato for vegetables, as she can never trust anybody. She would remove all those dead worms, very minutely, precisely and punctually.

These things die there, and becomes a dry spot there,..
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

50 percent potatoes of a moderately big size potatos have these dead iiyal / worms on it,... Enjoy the pani-poori's gunda ( lugdi) of crushed potato with toilet cleaning water, and Bhaiya's piss water Lota,...
Hahaha - many videos on net, @ which rotten potato they use for those gol-gappe's crust,.. )

Last edited by log1iszero; October 5th, 2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old October 5th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

the jacket potatoes i get are already prewashed and ready to use.
I rarely see these spots and even when making hash-browns, i peel and cut and barely ever see these spots. the potatoes we get here dont have all these things or at least I havent come across.
Old October 8th, 2017, 05:41 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

For me western cuisine at home is like cheating and quite bland .. Instead of this hot potato I would demand aalu paratha from my wife.
Old October 13th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Banned

Aaloo-paratha,…. Towards Gujarat side, we call it as “ Batata ki teekhi vedami “

It’s ok and good……….. and depends on how tasty the stuffing Masala you fill it in with,….

Mashed potato with all spices, and sesame and all kinda seeds,… the tasty dough you make to fill inside,….

It’s fun to eat it with,… either

Yogurt,
Ketch up,
Green fried mirchi,
Chhash / lassi
Mango or Lime Pickle jar
Green Chutney
Or
Even with any Sabjii,..

However it’s time-consuming and little more effort requiring than Hot Potato,….

With the same stuffing doh ( of aaloo-paratha) you may rather,... make besan ka paste,................ Make a ball of dough, immerse it in liquid thick paste of besan and fry it,..... and you have " Bateta-vada" ready, more faster....

Last edited by log1iszero; October 13th, 2017 at 11:36 PM.