eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old October 4th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Shocking incident at Bangalore Railway station.

Folks,
I got this in the email from our internal mailer lists...

This is shocking!!

Quote:
Hi,

A shocking and outrageous incident happened three days ago with one of my juniors from IIM Lucknow. This happened at Bangalore Railway Station.The details of the incident are posted below.

He is seeking help from anyone with contacts in media to as that will probably ensure speedy justice and also help in bringing culprits to books. Anyone with willingness to help can reach him at 9886179319 or 30933067.

Thanks and regards,

Ashish

-------------------------------------

Hi!

I would like to bring to notice a certain injustice that I have subjected to at the Bangalore Railway Station (Majestic). On September 30 (Friday), 2005, I had been to the station to see off my fiance and her mother. They took the Karnataka Express (Train #2627) to Jhansi at 6:30 pm.

On my way out I was asked to present my platform ticket by a railway official. On producing the same, the TT turned around and told me "What if I say that you haven't given me the ticket?" Before I could react, he along with his colleague pushed me into the adjacent enquiry cabin and physically manhandled me. I was slapped several times, my spectacles were grabbed and deliberately crushed by foot, and my phone was flung away from me. The RPF comprising of one RPF and four constables, appeared on the scene. The surrounding public was whisked away. None of the railway police officials cared to listen to me and they started hitting me indiscriminately with lathis. They dragged me out, and all the 4 constables continued hitting me with lathis from Platform 1 to Platform 3/5, till we reached the station master's cabin. Racist abuses and threats were made on the way. At the station master's cabin, I was told that I have been charged with a non-bailable offence and would be behind bars for 15 days.

Not for a single moment was I allowed to speak. All of a sudden a stranger came to the scene and he claimed that he was there to help me. Having lost all my physical strength and mental senses, I was happy to see some sort of help. He, claiming to be V Srinivas from Infosys, talked to the officials and the railway police in Kannada. He told me that the only way I was to get out was if I was willing to pay my way through. Being in no state to make a rational choice, I gave him my ATM card and pin. He took one of the RPF chaps along with him and said he would clear the matter. He returned some time later saying that everything was okay now.

I was asked to sign a statement which said that I hit the police and TT in a drunken state. I refused. Finally, they pressurized me to write that I did not produce a platform ticket when asked. I wrote the same and then V Srinivas took me out of the station. He joined me in an auto and took me to the ICICI ATM at Anand Rao circle. He withdrew Rs. 15000 from my ATM and got back. he took the cash under the pretext that while helping me he had left his wallet in the train he had left behind and that he would return the same through his ICICI Internet account. Having broken down mentally I did not realise that I was being cheated. He then took me to a Samsung showroom and tried purchasing a cellphone worth Rs. 18500 with my card. It was only then that I realised what was happening. I grabbed my card back, caught him by the collar, snatched my cash that lay in his pocket, and got into a running auto.

I have now realized that all of this was a plan. There is a strong nexus between the railway officials, the railway police and the fraudster. The railway officials identify a victim who they think is well-to-do, the RPF beat that individual till he has no physical or mental well-being. Then this fraud chap comes on to the scene, takes advantage of the situation, and takes all your cash away. Also, this series of events generally occurs on the last day of the month as they know that the salary gets credited on this day. (This strikes me now because the self-proclaimed Infy employee, V Srinivas, clearly asked me whether I had received my salary. He said that he just wanted to find out if there was cash enough to tackle the case.)

Now three days hence, I have tried to run from pillar to post. I have been forced to miss office hours in my effort to get justice. But I don't want to give up the fight midway. If any of you are in the media, or have friends/relatives who are in the industry, I'd like to speak with them about this in greater detail. I can be reached on 09886179319 or 08030933067. I believe it would catalyze my efforts.

Also, please pass this email to all the people who reside in Bangalore, so that they don't fall into the same trap.

Regards,

Nimish V Adani

IIML Batch of 2003

ITBHU Batch of 2001

Old October 4th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Banned

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking incident at Bangalore Railway station.

There you go. This can only be expected in the South.
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute

yeh sab south mein hi hota hai....and then some echarchans say don't spread hatred against southies.....Bloody buggers don't like hindi,north indians without any reason.8 years back in chennai i was treated in the same way by a autorickshawallh...made to shell out more money...and on top of that abused me...passerby's kept on looking as if i am culprit
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:24 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Shocking incident at Bangalore Railway station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking
There you go. This can only be expected in the South.
as usual showing ur anti-south racism! didnt that guy mention that those f*cking criminals seem to pick on well-to-do people!

Quote:
The railway officials identify a victim who they think is well-to-do, the RPF beat that individual till he has no physical or mental well-being.
come on this incident can happen anywhere in india. go shove ur racism in someother forum viking!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:28 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrajya
yeh sab south mein hi hota hai....and then some echarchans say don't spread hatred against southies.....Bloody buggers don't like hindi,north indians without any reason.8 years back in chennai i was treated in the same way by a autorickshawallh...made to shell out more money...and on top of that abused me...passerby's kept on looking as if i am culprit
kya karthe bhaiyya! we, southies, are racist while people like viking are true form of indians when clearly it was shown that those criminals picked on that guy coz he seemed to be a "well-to-do" person. the victim himself has said so. i dont know how you can paint a racist colour to this only bcos it happened in banglore!

i wonder who is racist here? viking, do you know the answer?

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.

Last edited by rameshp; October 4th, 2005 at 01:37 AM.
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

ramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond reputeramrajya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
kya kathe bhaiyya! we, southies, are racist while people like viking are true form of indians when clearly it was shown that those criminals picked on that guy coz he seemed to be a "well-to-do" person. the victim himself has said so. i dont know how you can paint a racist colour to this only bcos it happened in banglore!

i wonder who is racist here? viking, do you know the answer?
arrey ramesh bhai,yeh log well to do north indians ko hi pakdtey hai,reason southie knows how to tackle them,and southie who do this are mostly illiterate folks or govt,police employees.rahi viking ki baat woh galat nahi hai.....u go to south they will never pick on u....North mein bhi in rajasthan,haryana and punjab sometimes cops treat bihari's in a harssh way but that's not common,in south its vhery vhery common....in south literate people are more considerate....lekin hindi nobody likes inspite of it being national language......and on top of that they were not criminals but govt and police personnels.....
by the way Ramesh tumhe uddta teer(arrow) gaand mein leney ki aadat hai kya......just joking...personal nahi....aachhaa bachha....
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill Muhammad Ali
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:51 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

Unhappy Re: Shocking incident at Bangalore Railway station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrajya
arrey ramesh bhai,yeh log well to do north indians ko hi pakdtey hai,reason southie knows how to tackle them,and southie who do this are mostly illiterate folks or govt,police employees.rahi viking ki baat woh galat nahi hai.....u go to south they will never pick on u....North mein bhi in rajasthan,haryana and punjab sometimes cops treat bihari's in a harssh way but that's not common,in south its vhery vhery common....in south literate people are more considerate....lekin hindi nobody likes inspite of it being national language......and on top of that they were not criminals but govt and police personnels.....
by the way Ramesh tumhe uddta teer(arrow) gaand mein leney ki aadat hai kya......just joking...personal nahi....aachhaa bachha....
yaar, i am tired of this north south bullshit. we had a similar thread a year ago and viking did the same as he is doing now. he hurled abuses at southies. called us names and what not. it nearly made me leave echarcha, but this time i aint gonna take it personally.

if some frustrated f*ck and anti-south racist wants to talk bullcrap, let him. i am not going to reply to him again on this issue!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old October 4th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Junior eCharchan

Suryavanshi is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Shocking incident at Bangalore Railway station.

Cha pai & Folks,

this is shocking.....people fighting north / south on echarcha.

We should have 'proud' removed from our forum punchline ' Loud and proud desi opinions.'

I just see LOUD opinions on this post....but I am least bit proud of it.

Who says it happens only in Bangalore...where it does not happen...Delhi..Lucknow or Ahmedabad?
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:38 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough

don't think this happened at all.
i think it's one of those scare stories which get circulated from time to time.
if an incident like this one happens on a few occasions it will quickly become common knowledge and the CBI will pounce sooner or later.
and choosing victims who are "well to do" is usually not an option. the police usually choose poor people who are less likely to cause a scene after the event. well to do people may be well connected and the police know better than to mess with people in this group- they are not stupid.
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:45 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Shocking incident at Bangalore Railway station.

........... this here ....... why south Indians ..............
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:52 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
what does that prove, tantuji?

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old October 4th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakil sahib
don't think this happened at all.
i think it's one of those scare stories which get circulated from time to time.
if an incident like this one happens on a few occasions it will quickly become common knowledge and the CBI will pounce sooner or later.
and choosing victims who are "well to do" is usually not an option. the police usually choose poor people who are less likely to cause a scene after the event. well to do people may be well connected and the police know better than to mess with people in this group- they are not stupid.
cell phone numbers persent in story. Call up and verify. Why would our company colleagues lie?

Last edited by echarcha; October 4th, 2005 at 06:56 AM.
Old October 4th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Talking Re: Shocking incident at Bangalore Railway station.

Latest update...

Quote:
Hi,

Here is some good update on the Nimish’s harassment case

The chain mail was circulated to my ex-colleagues and one of them is working in Dell.

Incidentally, one of my friend’s colleagues happens to know resourceful guys in the government sector, and he has decided to take up the plea of Nimish

The following is a gist of what has happened

1) The case is being escalated to the Chief of Vigilence and Divisional Manager of Railways

2) The colleague in Dell has a relative who is a manager in Times of India Bangalore, and he has decided to take this story up in his editorial

3) The case is also being escalated to a senior official in the Police department

One of the govt. authorities is even expected to get in touch with Nimish on this subject matter

So much for now. Will keep you guys posted in case of any further updates….

I don’t know how much this effort will succeed, however, if it does, it will surely help Nimish.

Regards,

Ambar Hassani
Old October 4th, 2005, 07:44 AM
eCharchan

Agastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really niceAgastya is just really nice

Like vakil saheb i was not sure about truth .But if i have to err i want err on safe sdie , what if this really happened and we rub salt in his wounds by calling him a lier So after a thought i called one of my freinds who is connected with department .

Here is what he suggested to me ---

1. Write a complaint to DRM ( most probabaly divisonal rail manger, not sure) of Banglore .If i heard correctly one Mahesh Kumar is DRM . Adress letter as to be opned by DRM only .
2.Try to recollect PNR number of your relatives you sent off. If they can be traced and they give witness that you were on platform to see them off , it will prove you are not making a story to draw attention or just to implicate somebody .
3. Write letters to local newspaprers, that way somebody who has witnessed it on platform may come forward to corrobarte it
4.If you live in Bangalore go and meet SP (GRP) and DRM .

here 'you' means the guy who wrote the mail to sutradharji
Old October 4th, 2005, 08:03 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

the person seems to me to be a 'naa-mard' / eunuch.....if he cant defend himself how will he protect his wife?....i wonder.......most of these IIM and IIT people are no good when it comes to getting physical....most of them look malnourished....