eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Movies that I watched the last 2 weeks of 2007

Movies that I watched the last 2 weeks of 2007

A Wrinkle in Time - The usual Disney fare... after some initial thought provocation, the story drags with no good explanation.

I pronounce you Chuck and Larry - Funny Adam Sandler fare. Many big laughs. And couldn't help but remember Echari pai when Ving Rhames comes out of the closet. Maybe it is time for you too pai

Mr. Bean's Vacation - Mr. Bean at his beaniest. Guess after watching a few bean episodes, you have watched them all.

Ocean's Thirteen - Has its moments but you always wonder what's happening... wtf's happening. Like in part 2, has the usual banter between the main guys. Looks like the producers are laughing at the audience... all the way to the bank.

Ratatouille - Fantastic animated movie, has some great sound affects (brought alive by my home-theater system, especially the old lady coming after the rats with a shotgun). Though the concept of rats in the kitchen has been taken to its limit, this movie is worth a watch.

Tata Birla madhialo Laila - A typical gult movie... that is bound to be remade in hindi. Even though it has all the spices, it doesn't come up to mark. Some brilliant minor jokes scattered throughout... but not much ooomph. How can there be... if the sexy Laila is a guy in drag

The Myth - I say again, give the bloody Bharat Ratna to what's her name... Mallika Sherawat. She was a real bright spot in this movie... but short-lived. Except for her part this was just another Jackie Chan movie, which are now tending to get wierder and weirder.

The Wild Hogs - Great movie, especially if you are over 40. About 4 guys who want to remember their younger days and so take a road-trip on bikes, come across the real-deal and have to deal with that. Some really funny scenes... and a great rendition of "Don't Cha" by a fat guy.

One other one... but can't remember. Will post when I do.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movies that I watched the last 2 weeks of 2007

Sounds like you'd quite an eventful vacation
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you vasool karoed your flat screen TV investment already

Agree on Mallika Sherawat
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Nice, hope you are enjoying watching on the big TV.

Hope the sofa is ok.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowner
Looks like you vasool karoed your flat screen TV investment already

Agree on Mallika Sherawat
Itna lucky kaha yaar... the TV arrived on the last day of my vacation (of the year)... after I had watched all the above (watched the last of Wrinkle in Time on the big screen).

Movies I have at home for this weekend (on the big screen),

Shrek 3
Harry Potter (Order of the Phoenix)
Robots (repeat)

Sofa tho teek hai... abhi tak.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
Shrek 3
I want to watch this one too. I hope its as good as 1 & 2. Will be nice man on big screen TV.
Old January 4th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't watched a movie for a couple of years, either at home or in a theater.
But I took advantage of some free time in last two weeks to watch,
1) Manchurian Candidate.
2) Bourne Supremacy
3) Gods must be crazy (part 1) again
4) Enemy of state (must have watched it a million times when it was new).