eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old April 12th, 2002, 03:27 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
paranormal phenomena

Do you believe in ghosts, spirits, vampires, witches, etc?
Have you had any experience of paranormal phenomena? Or some weird experiences which cannot be rationally explained?
Please put down your thoughts/experiences in this thread. I have been interested in the paranormal for a long time and your views would be welcome.
Old April 12th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
ever heard of near-death xperiences

read a book on parapsychology named "life after death" .. found it too much interesting

Last edited by vyomkeshsaxena; April 12th, 2002 at 05:28 AM.
Old April 12th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all
I do believe in Paranormal activities. I used to be a member of the British Council Library and used to book all the Paranormal and Para-Psychology books. My interest started when i read about a few cases in India.

The first one was in Bihar in 1963 where this young kid convicts his own father of murder. Aparently this kid in his previous life was murdered by the father and burried somewhere. The son knew each and every instance and even where his old dead body was.

The second case was in the 70's in Pune. This lady had a 5 month kid. But she could never leave the kid alone. Becuase this kid used to attract glass. Things of glass would just fly across the room to hit the kid. First they believed it was some ghost in the house and called some guy to worde of the evil spirit (typical Indian thing to do). But this guy could do nothing. Over time, the attacks got more vigorous and dangerous. Byt the time the kid was a year old, he was attacked with bulbs and tubelight and mirrors in the cupboard et all. The family was taken to UK for some studies. Dont know what happend later.

Has anybody else read about any interesting paranormal phenomenon in India. Lets share it.
Old April 12th, 2002, 06:15 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
has anyone experienced ghostly sightings or things like that?
Old April 12th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
i believe in paranormal activites but havent experienced any.
i love to read about paranormal stuff...there used to be some program on discovery channel that i used to watch regularly in India
Old April 12th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
I have.. only problem is I was ODing on weed when I saw the ghost.

I do believe in paranormal cos if something as abnormal as me can exist, then paranormal is just around the corner.
Old April 12th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
well i never experienced it but in my campus their is a specific banglow which is "suppose " to be ....well...should i use the word "haunted" ..any family that moves in comes out with news that sometimes at night the whole of the house becomes "sweet smelling' or 'aromatic' as u ken say and there is no flower which gives such smell near the place..one family even conducted all those 'pooja's' etc but not to anyone's comfort..the thing is continuing...

well i've read in pyscho books a study which quotes that u c what u want to c (sorta visionary illusion)..for example..

there is a huge uproar on the
the new bill passed in parliament

now most of us read it as "there was a huge uproar on the new bill passed in the parliament" but we fail to recognize there r two "the's" in that sentence

well bottomline is that why does people c ghosts n all that stuff in privare n never experience in group..same goes with UFO sightings...now scientifis studies show that under suitable conditions (ghostly nights as u say) our brain tends to create electric signals which makes us believe that there is something wrong..may be the family living in that banglow's perception is restricted to "smell"..well its a broad explanation ..i mean parapycholgists who r studying these subjects r not nerds..also i saw in discovery channel that such experiences increase in houses which r near to power sub-stations..feeders or high-voltage power lines bcoz of difference in electromagnetic waves conflicting with brain signals...

well thats my theory..but yes i do believe in all this stuff
Old April 12th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
I have paranormal experiences every night. I dunno if it's a dream or it's real, but everytime it ends, it seems i woke up from a dream.

There is this woman wearing a white sari, white bra and open hair who just glides into my room.
Without speaking she performs fellatio on me and disappears.

Sometimes I wakeup to find c.um on my bed.
Old April 12th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
I have paranormal experiences every night. I dunno if it's a dream or it's real, but everytime it ends, it seems i woke up from a dream.

There is this woman wearing a white sari, white bra and open hair who just glides into my room.

what? no panties? only white sari and white bra?
Old April 12th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Would have loved to have a POLL on this one
I was gonna ask teh same thing today... . I mean
its quite amazing how many people belive in paranormal/ghosts/spirtis/etc .. my guess is around 85% .. some admit it and some dont... amazing how some totally rational people belive in such stuff.....

I used to think ke apun ich gayela hai..yeh sab bhoot shoot ka kitaabein padhte rehta hai.....

The definitive book i found was.... LOL "world famous ghost stories" By PUSTAK MAHAL PUBLICATIONS.... Get Hold of that book ..it has a few INDIAN ghost stories

Ive read and heard many gost stories but just 1 sticks to my mind
is about a guy who has been murdered-- visits dharavi police station--files fir--and tells police where his body is--investigating officer is Mr arun khot-- I KNOW THIS LOOKS HARD TO BELIVE >>>
BUT CHECK THAT BOOK OUT........

I`ve read a couple of books by Abraham T Kovoor ..the famous rationalist .. "gods and demons" "begone godmen" .. get hold of them.... he has written a lot about ghosts and godmen parnormal.. AND PROVED ALL THIS IS FAKE.. HE HAS ALSO KEPT A CASH REWARD FOR ANY! WHO CAN PROVE SUPARNTURAL ANYTHINg.. so all u who disagree go get that cash reward

And yes,... i still dont belive in ghosts.. if ne 1 knows a haunted place in and around mumbai.. pls let me know..... id be most intersted in visiting that.. have been to a couple meself.. found nothing
Old April 12th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G

Big-G yaar lens crafters ka ek trip mar de.. teri ankhen kamjor ho gai hai ki tu ne dennis rodman ko ladki samajh baita.. tch tch.
Old April 12th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all
Has anybody read the egyptian and tibetan book of the dead. Sit home alone and read it, you just might pee in your pants.

Another interesting thing that i like to read is about ESP. According to researches, every human being has some kind and level of ESP. Nostrademus was assumed to possess a very strong ESP.

What puzzles me sometimes is that you meet someone totally unknown yet deep down you feel like some kind of connection as if you know this person. spooky
Old April 12th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by padhu
What puzzles me sometimes is that you meet someone totally unknown yet deep down you feel like some kind of connection as if you know this person. spooky

Nopes that is not spooky at all.. happens all the time.. I was on the train yesterday and I met this chick.. I felt the connection so clearly that I had a hard on.. did not spook me at all.. I thought that was normal

Yes phadu bhaiye there is supposedly a early warning system in humans that alerts them of pending danger which is very strongly developed in many people. Animals have it too.. they sense danger way early and get alert. We have probably lost it over the long period of time when we take our safety to be granted. If animals can do it I am sure humans can and they being a little more developed "mentally" should have a better "warning" system.. Nostradamus was one hell of a person at that.
Old April 12th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by padhu
Has anybody read the egyptian and tibetan book of the dead. Sit home alone and read it, you just might pee in your pants.

Another interesting thing that i like to read is about ESP. According to researches, every human being has some kind and level of ESP. Nostrademus was assumed to possess a very strong ESP.

Have read the egyptian book of the dead..... ... found it very boring actually.. downloaded it from a ebooks site

Frankly i feel living beings are more scary than any ghosts...
ghosts dont burn a train full of people or kill an poor old lady

About ESP.. sometimes i get this felling that this guy or gal is not right and my mind seems to say "stay away" ..seem sto have been right in many cases for me... every one has thing feeling.. to a certain degree .. call it esp .. gut feeling.. sixth sense .whatever
Old April 12th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Pelu Pelu

Kidhar se download kiyaa bhai.. jaraa mere ko bataa naa.. I wanna read it too.