eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old April 12th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Re: United airlines passenger dragged out of flight

On a side note, a lot of funny tweets/memes on twitter if you search for united

Old April 13th, 2017, 04:28 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
No no this one seems true .. I was hearing 1B losses in market cap but that seemed exaggerated.
It is the way news is presented. The whole loss in the week as per the news item you posted is 0.2%. There is a loss no doubt.. But the 52 week low for this is some 37 and right now it is still way over that.
Old April 14th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

In wake of a long weekend and with a bottle of an old Merlot, I had a very insightful conversation about this whole untined airline with someone who has been in the aviation world for close to 2 decades.

Here are his thoughts.

1. United airline did not break any law. If there is anyone who actually did break the law, it's the guy who needed to be forcefully removed. Why? See point 2.

2. When a federal security agent asks you to step out, you step out. Regardless of whether you want to step out or not. It's the law. You may research more if you don't believe.

3. If you do refuse, be prepared to be dragged out (and look at the video again. He is not being dragged out by airline staff). It's a secured area. You play by their rules. Not yours.

4. When you book your ticket, read the fine print. You agreed to be bumped should there be a need. Bumping happens all the time. Wrestling with a federal agent with a gun and a law on his side doesn't.

5. No airline likes to overbook. They are making arrangements for the crew to be taken to the destination of the flight. As such, they do not bump paying customer for a crew member unless it is important for the crew member to reach the destination (where he is needed for WORK). He is needed to fix another airplane, fly another airplane or some such thing. They do not bump passengers for pleasure. Standby crew wait until playing customers board.

So. That.

Every story has 2 sides. Don't bash an airline or an employee of an airline. They are doing their job.
Do not try to win with a federal agent. Do what they tell you to. They have the authority to remove you from the ✈️

Last edited by Aashika; April 14th, 2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old April 14th, 2017, 07:37 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
In wake of a long weekend and with a bottle of an old Merlot, I had a very insightful conversation about this whole untined airline with someone who has been in the aviation world for close to 2 decades.

Here are his thoughts.
Then why are United so defensive? They tried the offensive mode initially but it was worse. Because the video is damaging.
Old April 14th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then why are United so defensive? They tried the offensive mode initially but it was worse. Because the video is damaging.
Someone got hurt in your home. Whether it's your fault or not, you apologize.
It's a socially accepted response.
Old April 14th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Point number 5 seems to be an excuse. How can they have no plans for one crew member's absence? On the other hand passenger can have some urgent personal work.
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:25 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Point number 5 seems to be an excuse. How can they have no plans for one crew member's absence? On the other hand passenger can have some urgent personal work.
My UA flight from EWR to DEL in January was delayed by 2 hours because pilots were 'timed out', as in they had flown enough hours that they couldn't do a 16 hour flight. So they said they have called in reserve pilots who are flying in from another city. I think it's possible they may have bumped off a couple passengers from that flight.
Old April 14th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In wake of a long weekend and with a bottle of an old Merlot, ...
This is visible in your post... not much, just a little peekaboo Possible that the merlot was not aged enough

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old April 14th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I assure you it's not an excuse. I know this guy who has been working in aviation. He gets called MANY times for cover in other places. And he works with one of the big airlines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
This is visible in your post... not much, just a little peekaboo Possible that the merlot was not aged enough
Huh? I wasn't drunk...emm. You don't agree with any points? Which one did you not agree with?
Old April 14th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
My UA flight from EWR to DEL in January was delayed by 2 hours because pilots were 'timed out', as in they had flown enough hours that they couldn't do a 16 hour flight. So they said they have called in reserve pilots who are flying in from another city. I think it's possible they may have bumped off a couple passengers from that flight.
It is very much possible a couple of passengers got bumped. If these reserve guys don't show up, you are looking at a flights cancellations. What kind of chaos would that cause? Do you want to bump 2 guys or the whole flight? Damned if you take a seat, damned if you don't.
Imagine having to take this guy's seat, who had to be forcefully removed. He is only doing his job. His. Job. No more, no less.
This federal agent was doing his job too.

I still don't get it, why would you even think about saying no to a security federal agent?
It's sad that he got hurt; it is really sad. I hope this is a lesson not to defy airport security personal.
Old April 14th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Huh? I wasn't drunk...emm. You don't agree with any points? Which one did you not agree with?
I agree with all your points. In fact, the first thought I had was... finally some sanity. I just stumbled through some of your typos... and thought, must be the merlot

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old April 14th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I agree with all your points. In fact, the first thought I had was... finally some sanity. I just stumbled through some of your typos... and thought, must be the merlot
That must be it....lol
Old April 14th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

This auto correct on my phone is awful. I will never get used to type too much on this phone.
Old April 14th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
This auto correct on my phone is awful. I will never get used to type too much on this phone.
You typed all that from a phone You are a brave girl... brave enough to brave it through a United flight

Old April 14th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I assure you it's not an excuse. I know this guy who has been working in aviation. He gets called MANY times for cover in other places. And he works with one of the big airlines.

We are talking about a company here and they do not have a plan for a replacement of a crew member? So much so that they are ready to drag one of their customers?\
Your friend is in aviation industry so he will always say positive things about airlines.

Imagine the loss of face now - that would cost them a lot.

Last edited by Napolean; April 14th, 2017 at 11:14 PM.