eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Economy

Notices

Economy Fiscally fit?

Old September 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Banned

Wormus Ronald is on a distinguished road
A bold step in a new direction

The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) secured the permission of the Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (SEBI’s) permission in 1997 to introduce a new form of stock and commodities trade. And, as a result, the brokers of the BSE were free to install their trading terminals in cities where there were no stock exchanges. However, at centers where the other exchanges are located, the BSE must sign a memorandum of understanding with the stock brokers so that they can install the BSE Online Trading System (BOLT) terminals.

In the first phase, the BSE signed a memorandum of understanding with 11 stock exchanges, viz., those at Calcutta (Kolkota), Pune, Ahmedabad, Saurashtra-Kutch (Rajkot), Madhya Pradesh, Vadodara, Bhubaneshwar, Magadh (Patna), Jaipur, Coimbatore and Chennai (Madras) to provide BOLT connections to the brokers of these exchanges. This has since been extended to over 200 cities.

BSE has now added a nationwide network to its existing network. It opted for the VSAT network technology for a number of reasons, including the availability of a satellite link through the indigenous INSAT satellite network. The Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) network went online in September 1997. But, much more needs to be done to effect major changes.

For a commodities trading company the decision of the BSE offers immense opportunities. Gone are the days when everything had to be done manually and using cumbersome procedures. Today, it is possible to get things done at the click of a button. Innovative approaches always do offer certain advantages. The results may not be evident immediately, but it will certainly be possible to see a difference later on.

Scores of new commodities trading companies have now entered this business. They have been able to reap more benefits than through the previous approach. It is now possible to trade in commodities from any part of the globe.

Mod note: not one word edited, deleted, or omitted. Link removed.

Last edited by tantric_yogi; September 26th, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:14 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A bold step in a new direction

Yesterday, I had to go to Bank of Bihar to withdraw Rs. 356. to pay bijli ka bill. Manager told me that our Indian stock market is one of the best performing in the world. Is this true? What makes our Indian stock market so lucrative? Is it safe for me to invest all of Rs. 63492. in stock market? Shall I invest in one go in one company or several companies?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A bold step in a new direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Yesterday, I had to go to Bank of Bihar to withdraw Rs. 356. to pay bijli ka bill. Manager told me that our Indian stock market is one of the best performing in the world. Is this true? What makes our Indian stock market so lucrative? Is it safe for me to invest all of Rs. 63492. in stock market? Shall I invest in one go in one company or several companies?
Buy some shares of Bank of Bihar... it is one of the most trusted blue chip companies in the world. I remember the first chairman cum MD of Bank of Bihar, Mr. Ramkhelavan Dubey once famously said "We bank, others tank"... which is so true... other banks like "Bank of Baroda", "Bank of Maharashtra", "Bank of Southern India & other ghastly places" sank without any trace and Bank of Bihar is steady as the Barauni ghat of holy ganges.

It may please you that Bank of Bihar has started a window counter at Bank of Newyork with its services and will be soon listed on Dow-Jones.