eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old April 9th, 2018, 11:49 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
What kind of "Nude Protest is this????

Show some more pictures.
here is the video

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old April 9th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
In Hoffman estates for a few days starting Wednesday ( most probably).
Give Amtha kaka a missed call when you're near Willis Tower

Sent from my iPhone.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:02 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Railway Vendor Fined Rs 1 Lakh After Viral Video Shows Train Toilet Water Used In Tea

Hygiene is always a crucial concern for travellers, which is why a video circulated on social media depicting a railway vendor using a train's toilet water in tea and coffee cans went viral instantly. Taking cognisance of the video, the South Central Railway (SCR) on Wednesday announced that the vending contractor has been fined Rs 1 lakh for allegedly using toilet water in tea and coffee cans.

According to the Raliways communication, the incident reportedly took place in December 2017 on board at the Hyderabad Charminar Express at Secunderabad railway station.

Although the video does not show the actual transfer of toilet water into the tea/coffee dispenser, a man can be seen entering and exiting from the toilet on the train with the tea/coffee containers.

"An inquiry was conducted, and on the basis of it stringent action has been taken up against the Train Side Vending contractor for the section between Secunderabad and Kazipet, P Sivaprasad, with whom the identified vendor in the video was employed," South Central Railway (SCR) Chief Public Relations Officer M Umashankar Kumar said in a release.

"A penalty of Rs. 1 lakh has been levied on the licensee," he said.

"A strict vigil was continuously being kept at various levels to ensure that no such incidents are repeated in the SCR Zone," Kumar said.

The vendor later claimed that they were only transferring leftover beverages in the train toilet so as to sell it in their respective platform stalls. The vendor said that they did the transfer in the toilet to 'avoid public gaze'.

Kumar added that in the past few months the commercial department of the SCR has been carrying out extensive drives against unauthorised hawking at Secunderabad railway station.

http://www.newsworldindia.in/nationa...in-tea/296663/

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/64013237.cms
What if this had happened in America ?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old May 3rd, 2018, 10:09 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
What if this had happened in America ?
In US, toilet water is as clean as any tap water... so, no big issue. Understand, toilet water does not mean water out of the toilet bowl (which probably does not exist in an Indian train). The water the chaiwala got was presumably from the water tank inside the toilet, which is maybe relatively not as clean as the water from an outside tap... but still edible. So, not sure what all the brouhaha is and why this poor guy was fined that high

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old May 3rd, 2018, 10:11 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
In US, toilet water is as clean as any tap water... so, no big issue. Understand, toilet water does not mean water out of the toilet bowl (which probably does not exist in an Indian train). The water the chaiwala got was presumably from the water tank inside the toilet, which is maybe relatively not as clean as the water from an outside tap... but still edible. So, not sure what all the brouhaha is and why this poor guy was fined that high
Issue is that he was caught doing it.. If we drink tea without knowing source of water it's all fine.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 10:13 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I had the water from the tap in the wash basin in Indian railways a couple of times and am still hanging around. It tastes a bit salty.
Old May 4th, 2018, 11:08 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Chief Justice on this -
CJI underlines: Supreme Court is one, the Bar our guiding angel

Bar (Daaru ka adda) is a good guiding angel.
Old May 6th, 2018, 02:31 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Issue is that he was caught doing it.. If we drink tea without knowing source of water it's all fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I had the water from the tap in the wash basin in Indian railways a couple of times and am still hanging around. It tastes a bit salty.
Ok.. I get it. The potty water in US is potable. Ok, now back to the original question. What if a vendor in US trains was caught doing this ?

Old May 6th, 2018, 02:34 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Anyway, here is some good news for Arnab lovers

Arnab Goswami booked after interior designer kills self

https://www.siasat.com/news/arnab-go...-self-1351506/

Old May 6th, 2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Ok.. I get it. The potty water in US is potable. Ok, now back to the original question. What if a vendor in US trains was caught doing this ?
I doubt if any one has travelled in a US train other than metro rail. So may not be able to answer. BTW, if you read my earlier comment, even Indian railways basin water wont kill you.
Old May 6th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't travel much by trains... but I wonder if there are vendors in trains at all. There definitely are no vendors in planes... neither on buses. So, don't know... don't know what the punishment is for such a case. I am sure there is some rule or law from some bygone times when there were said vendors... a long forgotten law that nobody took the time to repeal.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old May 7th, 2018, 11:36 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Oh, they have dining cars there.

Anyway, heavy dust storm is hitting Delhi. Rajasthan had it real bad earlier in the evening.

Old May 7th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Oh, they have dining cars there.

Anyway, heavy dust storm is hitting Delhi. Rajasthan had it real bad earlier in the evening.
Dining cars mostly in Europe. Not heard of them here in the US... but then I haven't traveled by train at all here.

A dust storm again Wasn't there one couple of days back... a pretty severe one... with over 100 dead

Old May 10th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dining cars mostly in Europe. Not heard of them here in the US... but then I haven't traveled by train at all here.

A dust storm again Wasn't there one couple of days back... a pretty severe one... with over 100 dead
Then shut the fuck up.
I haven't, but do know.

Amtrek have them. They even have Bar in some.
Old May 12th, 2018, 11:51 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:

Yeah, that duststorm lasted quite a bit, and there were 2 more installments, weaker though. Now it's full summer in Delhi.

Raining cats and dogs in Punjab.