eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,282
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

A simple concept that echans here are finding hard to accept... yes, people initially buying guns available freely will go out and shoot at every and any thing that they see. But once they realize that they can as easily be shot at too.... there will be a quick drop in the number of killings... and pretty soon there will be a new-born respect for life.

Problem now is, only criminals seem to have guns... and they kill with impunity. No doubt they die too... but only at the hands of other criminals (including policemen and politicians). They do not fear the common man... and thus have no respect for the common man. And this is because respect in India is only out to fear... the wrong basis for respect.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,282
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

And of course... all these discussions will eventually lead to dignity of life... which there is a dearth of in India. No dignity of life... the result is for everyone to see.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM
swami's Avatar
swami swami is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,846
swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

SaneBhai something wrong and missing in your post

Someone got hold of your password and posting as Saneless ?

__________________
There are four kinds of people to avoid in the world: the assholes, the asswipes, the ass-kissers, and those that just will shit all over you.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Sane Less's Avatar
Sane Less Sane Less is offline
Dead On Arrival is back
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,282
Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
SaneBhai something wrong and missing in your post

Someone got hold of your password and posting as Saneless ?

What Am I sounding like saneless
__________________
-----------------------------------------------

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Origmos's Avatar
Origmos Origmos is offline
The Destroyer of Maya
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,568
Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

See what happened to Salwa Judam. It got declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salwa_J...ghts_violation

India has no gratitude for bravery. The time is just about right for this nation to reap the price of this folly.
__________________
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old January 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM
kalidas's Avatar
kalidas kalidas is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Caves of Karakoram
Posts: 3,494
kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india/


"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:56 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,533
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india/


"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238)
an antiquated and out-dated view out of context now.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:22 AM
kalidas's Avatar
kalidas kalidas is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Caves of Karakoram
Posts: 3,494
kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
an antiquated and out-dated view out of context now.
No, it's not.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,533
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
No, it's not.
we have had 64 years of freedom now. dont tell me that view is relevant even today.

his view was for that time... it was a different context. we are not reeling under a foreign government now (although that may be debatable!) Even in britain, people do not have right to bear arms like in US, so even at best that view applies to more countries than just India. (btw he does not mention the name of the country he is speaking/writing about, you sure that was in context of India?)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
kalidas's Avatar
kalidas kalidas is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Caves of Karakoram
Posts: 3,494
kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
we have had 64 years of freedom now. dont tell me that view is relevant even today.

his view was for that time... it was a different context. we are not reeling under a foreign government now (although that may be debatable!) Even in britain, people do not have right to bear arms like in US, so even at best that view applies to more countries than just India. (btw he does not mention the name of the country he is speaking/writing about, you sure that was in context of India?)

The reason I posted that quote was to show that even the father of non-violence and peace, was pro-gun. YES - he was talking about India. Let me re-post.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India (he said India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238).

Padhke sunau?

Read below article about gun control debate. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-thomas-sowell
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,533
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
The reason I posted that quote was to show that even the father of non-violence and peace, was pro-gun. YES - he was talking about India. Let me re-post.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India (he said India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238).

MK Gandhi's statement was about the gun control act under british India dating to 1870s. The context was the British preventing Indians bearing arms because if they did, then the handful of Brits would never have been able to control the country the way they did. This had nothing to do with being pro-gun or crime rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Padhke sunau?

Read below article about gun control debate. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-thomas-sowell
thanks for the article man. it is soooo funny. I wish we could simplify things like this - using the same logic I can prove that more rains cause less murders because most murders happen on the days and at times that it was not raining! so murders and crime have more to do with rain than guns

Last edited by kkkk; January 8th, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,533
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
The reason I posted that quote was to show that even the father of non-violence and peace, was pro-gun. YES - he was talking about India. Let me re-post.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India (he said India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238).

btw, at the risk of invoking a discussion about english language he says "depriving a whole nation of arms" not "depriving the whole nation of arms"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
kalidas's Avatar
kalidas kalidas is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Caves of Karakoram
Posts: 3,494
kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
MK Gandhi's statement was about the gun control act under british India dating to 1870s. The context was the British preventing Indians bearing arms because if they did, then the handful of Brits would never have been able to control the country the way they did. This had nothing to do with being pro-gun or crime rates.



thanks for the article man. it is soooo funny. I wish we could simplify things like this - using the same logic I can prove that more rains cause less murders because most murders happen on the days and at times that it was not raining! so murders and crime have more to do with rain than guns
You guys are so short-sighted, it's not even funny. You think the gun ownership argument is antiquated? Let me just bring up a few political events in my lifetime that might have had a different outcome had guns been legal - the kashmiri infiltration, Khalistan movement, Babri demolition, Godhra carnage and subsequent riots, the Mumbai 2008 attack, the Maoist / Naxalite movement rampant in central India, illegal land grabbing by Karnataka govt to aide illegal mining activity, ...the list goes on and on. Let's not talk about theft, incessant rapes, murders, extortion, gang violence, etc etc. The fact is that there is ANARCHY IN INDIA whether you choose to accept it or not.

Let's be honest. If you are a law-abiding middle-class family, with no political connections, then tumhari aukaad kya hai? If a criminal breaks into your house and steals from you at gun-point, what recourse do you have? Call the cops? Let's recap what happened to the rape victim. After the rapists threw her out, she sat on the sidewalk naked and bleeding for 2.5 hours while the cops were bickering which jurisdiction she falls under. Why not call an ambulance? She may have survived if she received medical attention promptly. According to me, THE POLICE COMMITTED CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE in this case. Where is the uproar and the outcry? The police need to be castrated along with the rapists, because they were jointly responsible for her death.

The fact that the government is corrupt is an understatement. But the problem is beyond corruption or apathy. The problem is INCOMPETENCE. That's what you get with the fucking quota system. Idiots are running high positions in government. Law and order has either completely broken down or is teetering on the edge. Their main goal is to maintain a facade of law and order to the international community. The core has rotted. Indian citizens can have morchas and hunger strikes all day long, but is ain't gonna help. The only rational option left is to arm yourself and save you own ass (and your family)... or become collateral damage.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:48 AM
kkkk kkkk is offline
Senior eCharchan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,533
kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
You guys are so short-sighted, it's not even funny. You think the gun ownership argument is antiquated? Let me just bring up a few political events in my lifetime that might have had a different outcome had guns been legal - the kashmiri infiltration, Khalistan movement, Babri demolition, Godhra carnage and subsequent riots, the Mumbai 2008 attack, the Maoist / Naxalite movement rampant in central India, illegal land grabbing by Karnataka govt to aide illegal mining activity, ...the list goes on and on. Let's not talk about theft, incessant rapes, murders, extortion, gang violence, etc etc. The fact is that there is ANARCHY IN INDIA whether you choose to accept it or not.

Let's be honest. If you are a law-abiding middle-class family, with no political connections, then tumhari aukaad kya hai? If a criminal breaks into your house and steals from you at gun-point, what recourse do you have? Call the cops? Let's recap what happened to the rape victim. After the rapists threw her out, she sat on the sidewalk naked and bleeding for 2.5 hours while the cops were bickering which jurisdiction she falls under. Why not call an ambulance? She may have survived if she received medical attention promptly. According to me, THE POLICE COMMITTED CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE in this case. Where is the uproar and the outcry? The police need to be castrated along with the rapists, because they were jointly responsible for her death.

The fact that the government is corrupt is an understatement. But the problem is beyond corruption or apathy. The problem is INCOMPETENCE. That's what you get with the fucking quota system. Idiots are running high positions in government. Law and order has either completely broken down or is teetering on the edge. Their main goal is to maintain a facade of law and order to the international community. The core has rotted. Indian citizens can have morchas and hunger strikes all day long, but is ain't gonna help. The only rational option left is to arm yourself and save you own ass (and your family)... or become collateral damage.
read the posts man. the response was that gandhi's quote that you are using to further your argument is antiquated and irrelevant.

if you just want to rant, then rant on....
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:29 AM
kalidas's Avatar
kalidas kalidas is offline
Super eCharchan
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Caves of Karakoram
Posts: 3,494
kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allow gun ownership in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
read the posts man. the response was that gandhi's quote that you are using to further your argument is antiquated and irrelevant.

if you just want to rant, then rant on....
Ugh! The point I was trying to make was the the argument is not antiquated and is very much relevant....probably more so than during the British times.

If you want to remain thick headed, then so be it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I support gun ownership! kalidas SoapBox 12 December 18th, 2012 10:43 PM
India coach Gary Kirsten urges team India to have sex for better perfomance ashdoc Sports 4 September 24th, 2009 02:58 AM
Purchased Land/Flat Ownership Issue ? Laddan Life Abroad 6 January 14th, 2008 12:05 AM
Born in India, raised in India, educated in India ... We're not Indians! tantric_yogi Cultural Exchange 10 May 17th, 2005 11:54 PM
Oh the joys of new home ownership! videsee Life Abroad 10 August 5th, 2003 05:56 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Copyright © eCharcha.Com 2000-2012.