eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old June 11th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Re: Re: Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:
Originally posted by DesiBaba

abey yeh kya funda haiN???

ok tell me..where waz english at the time hindi waz made the national language of India?..its a serious question...
let me ask you a question against your question, do you know Enlish grown more faster in 80s and 90s, compare to British time and before 80s, reason now people knows that the only way to make their kids stands in front of that big of (Indian) competition.

forget abt the decision we made in the past, we made some ugly decision right (reservation etc.), and we are still paying for that. Same goes to Hindi as national language.

What I mean to say, make Hindi as regional language, let delhite, punjub, haryana speak it and let Tamilnadu speak tamil and other state their regional language, but make English as national lang.
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Junior eCharchan

MrSarfira will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by chirag2000

And i ..er..... agree with yme.... .. hindusthan mein rekhar hindi nahi aata to (hutiyagiri hai

did u mean "Hindi"sthan?
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Rahul

forget abt the decision we made in the past, we made some ugly decision right (reservation etc.), and we are still paying for that. Same goes to Hindi as national language.

bullshit..i cAnt agree with u here..what crap...sorry hool pai

but nope..i dont agree..i dont think we r suffering bcox hindi for christs sake is the national lang of India and bcoz a couple of chuutiyas dont like that language
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

abey hool pai aankh maarna band kar oye
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Aaapka Dost

Re: Re: Re: Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:

aur idhar dekho..bhenchott pubcli doesnt wanna accept something which is "national" hah...SUX where will all the fukkin spirit be durng trying times??in mah ass??
Achcha bhai, chal maana Hindi apni national language hain, lekin dost, we cant impose it on people who dont want to accept it, its something like giving one more issue to fight with (othe then mandir, masjid, dalit, UC etc.), so why dont work on national Conscious on this issue.
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Hool pai.. I disagree with you about having made a mistake of making Hindi the national language. Hindi is spoken in some manifestation all over India (except Tamil Nadu and Kerala where they are slowly realizing that they are not necessarily going to spend all their lives in those states and might have to move to Delhi or mumbai.. and then they will have a terrible time) which is more like saying atleast 70% speak it educated or not... While english is spoken by educated folks. Agreed English should be made the "Business" language cos that is how we can progress economically.. but Hindi has done a great job of unifying people of all walks of life be it from Srinagar to South (karnataka, Andhra) to Mumbai to Assam.. it is our national language and I am proud to say I speak that language purer and better than NATIVE hindi speakers.

Although the statement "Hindustan me rah kar hindi nahi bolna (hutiyaagiri hai" is not exactly my POV.. cos Hindu != Hindi..
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Quote:
abey hool pai aankh maarna band kar oye

yes, Mr. Mahapatra, please do that.
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Chosen One

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:

so why dont work on national Conscious on this issue.
abey government bhi "majority" select karti haiN..leki un logon ka kya jinko chuni hui government nahin pasand?should we "work" together on "national Conscious" on that too???
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Chosen One

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
it is our national language and I am proud to say I speak that language purer and better than NATIVE hindi speakers.

true..ur hindi is better than mine...man..pelu..tu kaisa gult banda haiN yaar??ekdum alag
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Gult? I aint gult dude.. I am a sambar banda..
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Chosen One

Quote:
Gult? I aint gult dude.. I am a sambar banda..
meanin tam? okay..i alwayz thought u spoke telugu..sorry man..
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Pelu Pelu

I am a sambar who speaks both Tam (Mother tongue) and Telugu.. (I was in hyderabad for 8 or so years).. vaise my telugu is not excellent.. I have a wierd telugu accent and I sometimes use wrong words.. (cheli is different from chelli and I always confuse.. same with pakkana vs pakaalo) giving specific examples cos the meaning bcomes alomost comical but the people understand what I was trying to use and what I used instead
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Aaapka Dost

Talking

Quote:
Hool pai.. I disagree with you about having made a mistake of making Hindi the national language. Hindi is spoken in some manifestation all over India (except Tamil Nadu and Kerala where they are slowly realizing that they are not necessarily going to spend all their lives in those states and might have to move to Delhi or mumbai.. and then they will have a terrible time) which is more like saying atleast 70% speak it educated or not... While english is spoken by educated folks. Agreed English should be made the "Business" language cos that is how we can progress economically.. but Hindi has done a great job of unifying people of all walks of life be it from Srinagar to South (karnataka, Andhra) to Mumbai to Assam.. it is our national language and I am proud to say I speak that language purer and better than NATIVE hindi speakers.

Although the statement "Hindustan me rah kar hindi nahi bolna (hutiyaagiri hai" is not exactly my POV.. cos Hindu != Hindi..
yaar duniya ulti ho gayi lagti hain, ek Northie bechara akela south ke liye lad raha hain - just kidding man

My only intention was, not to fight on one more Issue, not to create one more rift in our country, rather let choose school and work language as English, even declaring Hindi as national language no one can force, southie to speak Hindi, same goes to English too, then why fight.

Believe it or not, my heart bleed when I read something like Dravid is real citizen, aryan should go back etc etc, had some long discussion with some good and great but hardcore south Indian friends, its my personal thought, when we cant solve any issue, why to create a new one.
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
I cannot understand....

What is the big deal about about selecting a certain language as our national language. Nothing is going to change just because you can or cannot speak hindi. Why are people making this into an ego issue. Nor is your speaking Hindi going to make you a smaller person.

And what is wrong with Hindi being our national language? The more languages you know the better it is. End of the story. Tomorrow if bengali is to be made our national language would the world change because of it... of course not!!!

The fact of the matter is that you do have to make an effort to learn something and make an effort to accept certain things too. Nothing is achieved is without trying. You have to work at something to make it work. To be perceived as a country you have to be percieved as part of the "crowd", and when one third of the population rejects the notion of a hindi speaking nation and makes it into a north south issue, where does this all leave us???

Go figure!
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:

My only intention was, not to fight on one more Issue, not to create one more rift in our country, rather let choose school and work language as English, even declaring Hindi as national language no one can force, southie to speak Hindi, same goes to English too, then why fight.
I agree that fighting over what language to speak is like fighting over which end of the egg should be cracked open.. and kisi ko jabardasti kabhi language nahi sikhaa sakte.. un ko ichaa hogi to khud seekh lenge.

It used to be fight in TN about this Hindi issue.. no longer... Its almost a non issue now.. with bommans and non bommans busying themselves with that fight no one has time for the hindi/non hindi fight..

Rahi baat dravid vs non dravid ki.. that one I always laugh at