eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old June 11th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Pakka Desi

IA is just really niceIA is just really niceIA is just really niceIA is just really nice
bhai log jis state se hum hoon waha ka state language hindi hi hai phir bhi hum hindi, angrezi, gujrati, urdu (likhna, padna) and arabic (padna) janatey hai. And yes i do know hinglish also.

preferred language hindi reason cause i can express myself much better in hindi.
Old June 11th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
IA kya sahi signature haiN bawa!!!
Old June 11th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Talking

What good is online banking if you can't download money from the internet?

Totally agree with DB
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Banned

yme is on a distinguished road
Fact: We all know English right, we all learned english because of various reasons, the topmost of that being it is the language of business. No problem..

But what about national identity, the very fact that people from the same country cannot communicate with their fellow countrymen in a common language is pathetic. We feel proud speaking english but are not comfortable in speaking hindi is disgusting.

Hum log apne hi per par kulhadi marenge, tou padosi tou fayade udhayenge hi!
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by BlrBoy
Language should be just used for commuication. It should not be a tool for Patriotism, especialy in India, where we have so many language.

I would call it wrong to call a person "Un-Indian" just beacuse he does not know Hindi.
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Banned

Ok buddy, try surviving in America without speaking english, live like that for a year and then we will talk
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Angry No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Diplomat
pirablem is that these southies will speak english, but refuse to speak in Hindi.

Why?
No, its not problem, its their choice.....its their democratic right, why cant we Northie learn their language (tamil, telegu etc.), its bullshit abt fighting on language.

Thanks to british education, we have business language as English, Now Govt. should impliment as education language too, all the schooling (even KG to colledge) should be in English. let people choose what language they speak at home, but outside in schools and in works they try to adopt more and more english, thats the only way to compete

For more read How Chinese forcing English to toddlers and their education system, because they knew thats the only place they are lacking. Their prediction that after next 15 years they'll be having world 15% english speaking people in China, and they'll be next superpower :rollingeyes:

I dont have any doubt on that reason by that time, we would still be fighting for what language we should use as our national language

Last edited by Rahul; June 11th, 2002 at 10:45 AM.
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Aaapka Dost

Talking

Quote:

So be it. If they dont want to speak Hindi, its thier lose. They loose Business with Hindi speaking folks. They miss friendship Hindi Speaking People.

Desh ka neta kaisa ho, Blrboy jaisa ho
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Banned

Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Rahul

No, its not problem, its their choice.....its their democratic right, why cant we Northie learn their language (tamil, telegu etc.), its bullshit abt fighting on language.

Thanks to british education, we have business language as English, Now Govt. should impliment as education language too, all the schooling (even KG to colledge) should be in English. let people choose what language they speak at home, but outside in schools and in works they try to adopt more and more english, thats the only way to compete

For more read How Chinese forcing Enlish to toddlers and their education system, because they knew thats the only place they are lacking. Their prediction that after next 15 years they'll be having world 15% enlish speaking people in China, and they'll be next superpower :rollingeyes:

I dont have any doubt on that reason by that time, we would still be fighting for what language we should use as our national language
Good Point!

But let me add, as an individual in India, if you were living in a particular part and were transferred to a region where you don't speak the language, would'nt you feel like an alien in your own country.

Also, I have been to places in India where people insist on speaking their reigonal language (exclusively) even though they know english. Then what do you do....
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:

No, its not problem, its their choice.....its their democratic right, why cant we Northie learn their language (tamil, telegu etc.),

whats tha national language of India????TAMIL OR TELUGU???

or HINDI?????
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Chosen One

Quote:

Why should a person in South learn Hindi or English, if he is never going to use the language to communicate.

ya rite..poorey India ko bihar jaisa bananeka haiN kya??
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Aaapka Dost

Unhappy Re: Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:
Originally posted by DesiBaba

or HINDI?????
thats our problem is Desibabey, we always give regional issue preference over national issues. I am a northie, most of my friends and family member speak hindi, but still prefer to have national language as English, reason I dont want to alienated our south Indian state, We should try prevent all the issue, which make rift between different states, rather we should create a sense, sense of belonging towards a nation called 'INDIA'.

You cant make a language 'National Language' bcoz most people speak it, rather we should try to make a language 'National Language' for which most people agreed with.

That is English, no doubt
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Chosen One

Re: Re: Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:

You cant make a language 'National Language' bcoz most people speak it, rather we should try to make a language 'National Language' for which most people agreed with.

abey yeh kya funda haiN???

ok tell me..where waz english at the time hindi waz made the national language of India?..its a serious question...
Old June 11th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:
Originally posted by DesiBaba

or HINDI?????
Neither.. it is chattisgrahi..

Seriously, I do not believe its bad to learn languages.. I learnt hindi, Tamil (MT), Telugu, English, Russian (little bit). I do not agree with the premise that you should not learn languages.. national or not.. its always a good thing to know the local language..

I am not in support of people say.. we should learn HINDI only while Hindi ites "need not" learn local languages or vice versa..

If you really want to unite people using language as a tool, its in everyones interest to cross learn.. I imagine the treatment you will get in a maharashtrian place if there is an older person there and you address them as Aaji or Aajoba or in a Tamil's house if you address the older folks as "Paati or Thaa thaa" its about bonding then learning many languages broadens your horizon.. not like you have to be a scholar.. even a few words make the other person feel a little more closer to you.
Old June 11th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Chosen One

Re: Re: Re: No, its not problem, its their choice.....

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL

Seriously, I do not believe its bad to learn languages.. I learnt hindi, Tamil (MT), Telugu, English, Russian (little bit).

gpel,its not about learning languages man..i mean cmon,u have peeps that r just unwilling to accept things which r as basic as tha national language of our country..man..i m speechless..

bloody hell..look at tha american spirit man..even b4 they fukked afghanistan,there were assh0les all over the place screaming that man,they r gonna suffer real bad out there and all that..but the US spirit waz as strong as eva...

aur idhar dekho..bhenchott pubcli doesnt wanna accept something which is "national" hah...SUX where will all the fukkin spirit be durng trying times??in mah ass??