eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old November 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Peace Chai and Sanjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
Looks like you are pining for your lost love.
never make fun of someone pining for his or her love. never.
i meant what i said, btw.
Old November 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Missing echarchans I miss

Arey, where did I poke fun at your yearnings?

BTW, see what Douglas Yates ji has to say:

Quote:
People who are sensible about love are incapable of it.
Sounds good, I think. May be profound even? Who knows.
Old November 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Arey, where did I poke fun at your yearnings?

BTW, see what Douglas Yates ji has to say:

Sounds good, I think. May be profound even? Who knows.
generally dant-pradarshan emoticon is understood to be an expression of feeling of happiness or while cracking a joke etc.
i am in agreement with yates. not much profound. love is more of dil-ki-baat than dimaag-ki-batti.

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; November 10th, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
generally dant-pradarshan emoticon is understood to be an expression of feeling of happiness or while cracking a joke etc.
i am in agreement with yates. not much profound. love is more of dil-ki-baat than dimaag-ki-batti.
Yes, the dant-pradarshan emoticon is a good one. My fav, in fact. When words fail you, aforementioned dant-pradarshan smiley can be used to express a wide variety of human emotions. It's that good.

But I have to make one point here.

I've seen people misuse this smiley. Some people use it to smirk and sneer. This is bad, man. It's meant to be a fun smiley. Must not be used for smirks. No, no. Gentlemen who want to showcase their smirks must find another way to do so, don't you think? Thank you. God bless.
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Then how to show your anger ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
Yes, the dant-pradarshan emoticon is a good one. My fav, in fact. When words fail you, aforementioned dant-pradarshan smiley can be used to express a wide variety of human emotions. It's that good.

I've seen people misuse this smiley. Some people use it to smirk and sneer. This is bad, man. It's meant to be a fun smiley. Must not be used for smirks. No, no. Gentlemen who want to showcase their smirks must find another way to do so, don't you think? Thank you. God bless.
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Swami Narayana Pai, there are smileys for anger, right? ... something like that.

must not be misused to sneer and snigger. One must keep this rule in mind. Precision in communication is important, don't you think?
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:28 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:

u r the first duplicate id who openly advertises its duplicity. iskey peeche logic kya hai? i wonder. serious. pls throw some precise light.
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Peace Bhau, you must not assume that there is cold logic and icy reason behind everything we do. Such an assumption, I believe, would be a fallacy. We are driven by emotions and desires we barely comprehend. It's all maya, man. Thank you. God bless.
Old November 10th, 2011, 07:06 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Peace Bhau, you must not assume that there is cold logic and icy reason behind everything we do. Such an assumption, I believe, would be a fallacy. We are driven by emotions and desires we barely comprehend. It's all maya, man. Thank you. God bless.
ok. i asked just bcoz it was a first. learned fellow echans are used to doubt every id of being a duplicate of some other [they refer it as a 'dup']. and here comes a knight in shining armor who shouts from rooftop [or horsetop] that "haan haan mein ek 'dup' hoon." its different.

if i may ask, and if u r the right person to answer, who repped me? u? or was it maya at work?
Old November 10th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
ok. i asked just bcoz it was a first. learned fellow echans are used to doubt every id of being a duplicate of some other [they refer it as a 'dup']. and here comes a knight in shining armor who shouts from rooftop [or horsetop] that "haan haan mein ek 'dup' hoon." its different.

if i may ask, and if u r the right person to answer, who repped me? u? or was it maya at work?
Yes, it takes a good deal of courage to announce, on an internet forum, that one is a dup. Perhaps a gallantry award is in order?

Never mind all that dup-shup maamla.

How about a bit of Omar Khayyam?

Quote:
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: not all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
Old November 11th, 2011, 09:26 PM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Yes, it takes a good deal of courage to announce, on an internet forum, that one is a dup. Perhaps a gallantry award is in order?

Never mind all that dup-shup maamla.

How about a bit of Omar Khayyam?
u r a well read man. not many customers for kutting? leaving you with plenty of time to read?
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
u r a well read man. not many customers for kutting? leaving you with plenty of time to read?
That's one of the nice things about the internet. Previously we would need to physically go to a library and search for things, but there would be no guarantee that it would be available at that particular library. Now we get it by simply googling.
Old November 12th, 2011, 08:17 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:
That's one of the nice things about the internet. Previously we would need to physically go to a library and search for things, but there would be no guarantee that it would be available at that particular library. Now we get it by simply googling.
is 'the prophet' by kahlil gibran googlable? i was gifted that book by a friend long back and i read quarter of it also. to be honest, i had to re-read it b4 i started to like it. i am not much of a reader beyond what was academically/professionally compelled on me.

unfortunately during a relocation, i lost that book. it was about al-mustafa about to board a ship leaving his island-home and his preachings/thoughts on all-things-life including love, marriage, children, god, women, faith and what not. pls point to a link if u can.
Old November 12th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
is 'the prophet' by kahlil gibran googlable? i was gifted that book by a friend long back and i read quarter of it also. to be honest, i had to re-read it b4 i started to like it. i am not much of a reader beyond what was academically/professionally compelled on me.

unfortunately during a relocation, i lost that book. it was about al-mustafa about to board a ship leaving his island-home and his preachings/thoughts on all-things-life including love, marriage, children, god, women, faith and what not. pls point to a link if u can.
If a book is famous and it has been more than 60 years since the year of first publication of the book (copyright issues), there is a high probability of finding a copy on the internet. Someone or the other would have digitized it.

The Prophet is available here in multiple formats including PDF:
http://www.feedbooks.com/book/2843/the-prophet
Old November 12th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Arre babuji aap to great ho

Quote:
If a book is famous and it has been more than 60 years since the year of first publication of the book (copyright issues), there is a high probability of finding a copy on the internet. Someone or the other would have digitized it.

The Prophet is available here in multiple formats including PDF:
http://www.feedbooks.com/book/2843/the-prophet