eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old October 26th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weekend dillemma - What to watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Watched two interesting movies last weekend.

Kaminey, as widely reported, is a gem of a movie. Total TP and well adapted.

The other movie was unexpected. It was "Shadow". Didn't think Joginder Singh took rebirth (didn't even know he was dead). The main guy (some Khan, his first film) was also the writer, producer... and what not of the movie. And the movie was good, great action stunts and a good script... but the Khan guy was to the movie what Joginder Singh was to his movies. The ending sucked a little bit (just a little) and there were a couple of huge flaws... but all in all, completely watchable.
Oh I have seen Shadow. The producer acts as the car mechanic in the movie. In real life he is blind. Its his maiden venture but he has managed to make it interesting to a point. Only if he had done a little less over acting and hamming, it would have been bearable. But yes, a good one if you have nothing else to do. I did not write a review because the main guy was very irritating and was a hindrance to the good plot.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Oh I have seen Shadow. The producer acts as the car mechanic in the movie. In real life he is blind. Its his maiden venture but he has managed to make it interesting to a point. Only if he had done a little less over acting and hamming, it would have been bearable. But yes, a good one if you have nothing else to do. I did not write a review because the main guy was very irritating and was a hindrance to the good plot.
He is blind? I was wondering about that while watching the movie. Asked myself a couple of times, is he blind? Wow... no wonder then. Blind people do tend to have a distinct mannerism... and that was all over this guy. In that case, then I will say that his attempt is laudable. The movie really was fun to watch.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:38 AM
En route Lal Mirchi...

chacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
Dish is running 'Woh 7 Din' sometime over the weekend. I vaguely remember seeing it as a kid. I'll probably watch it.
That was my first movie on VHS. One of our relatives had got an imported VCR from Dubai. We had rented a minibus to go to their place and check out this new piece of equipment Very vivid memories I have of that trip. That was the first time I was bit by a dog too. They had a yappy pomeranian that bit me the moment I tried to pet him. They thought it was very cool since according to them, that was one of the responsibilities of the dog
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM
En route Lal Mirchi...

chacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond repute

These days I'm hooked to Bigg Boss. 40 mins of pure entertainment everyday Anybody saw the episode where Kamal Khan hit Rohit Varma with a bottle? The bottle then went on to hit Shamita Shetty. He was disqualified the same day Too much drama
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:10 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
These days I'm hooked to Bigg Boss. 40 mins of pure entertainment everyday Anybody saw the episode where Kamal Khan hit Rohit Varma with a bottle? The bottle then went on to hit Shamita Shetty. He was disqualified the same day Too much drama
I think this big boss and all are the lowest forms of entertainment... you watching 40 minutes of some dhakkans BS life. hmm... good for you.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
En route Lal Mirchi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I think this big boss and all are the lowest forms of entertainment... you watching 40 minutes of some dhakkans BS life. hmm... good for you.
im glad that you're putting your minutes of life to good use. good for you i feel sorry for Mr. Bachchan that he doesn't think on your lines
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:08 PM
En route Lal Mirchi...

Check out Raju in this video Same to you

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

where can one watch this online ?hmm.. quite voyeuristic.. i must say
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

saw The haunting in Connecticut...liked it..
and saw 1.40 ki last local...tp stuff...
frost/nixon was good
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
En route Lal Mirchi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
where can one watch this online ?hmm.. quite voyeuristic.. i must say
PMed you the link.
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

bit morbid, but liked the bucket list
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
bit morbid, but liked the bucket list
yeah, was good..
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
Check out Raju in this video Same to you

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
All these stupid shows are totally scripted. And people still watch them And no its not just Indian audience but even the American audience loves the same Big Brother crap. Even in UK they watch this crap.

I just cannot watch a reality show. The only show this season which I liked was on ABC called The Shark Tank. Its about 5 entrepreneurs who are also investors. You have to go pitch your business to them and ask for investment. Its an amazing show. If you are thinking of a small or big business idea or already have a small to medium business, you should check this show. Eye opener show!
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:44 PM
En route Lal Mirchi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
All these stupid shows are totally scripted. And people still watch them And no its not just Indian audience but even the American audience loves the same Big Brother crap. Even in UK they watch this crap.

I just cannot watch a reality show. The only show this season which I liked was on ABC called The Shark Tank. Its about 5 entrepreneurs who are also investors. You have to go pitch your business to them and ask for investment. Its an amazing show. If you are thinking of a small or big business idea or already have a small to medium business, you should check this show. Eye opener show!
And how do you know that this show of yours is not scripted?
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

charcha ji, these shows may be scripted, but i just loved the whole concept..

it's quite orwellian don't you think.. imagine.. there being a camera everywhere - in the sundaaz, in the bedroom, in the bath etc.. throw you in a house with complete strangers - where people probably fart in the living room.. yes - sherlyn chopra probably shits too - hahaha where your every move is recorded.. i bet they don't emain beautiful and nice forever.. right ?

i mean it's kinda fun to watch how they interact etc.. brings out the voyeur in you..

but i hear what you're saying.. i didn't care much for reality tv before either.. but in the indian context.. with some 2 bit stars.. totally yeah.. works for me.. lock up the mofo's and i wanna see how long they remain beautiful.. before the paint and varnish comes off and they become total janvars..