eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old August 17th, 2017, 04:12 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Happy Independence Day 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Was it "Did you study in JNU?"
I was gonna ask if she never visited Indian independence day celebrations in 15 years? Or suddenly US citizenship changed her views.. naya mussalman pyaaz zyada khaata hai.
Old August 17th, 2017, 04:20 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I was gonna ask if she never visited Indian independence day celebrations in 15 years? Or suddenly US citizenship changed her views.. naya mussalman pyaaz zyada khaata hai.
Actually, i also had never visited Indian Independence Day celebrations all these years, but it is going to change this weekend. There is an India day celebration in Apna gaon and one of my boys is going to sing a patriotic song.
Old August 17th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We had independence day flag hoisting near my workplace. A representative of Governor of state attended and read out his message. Organizers had sweets for all the people who showed up.

I told this to a desi colleague lady (who got US citizenship recently) .. she says "I don't understand why Indians come to US and still show patriotism, if they are really patriotic why they come to US in the first place." I didn't have ANYTHING good to say so I didn't thinking it will become unprofessional if I make the comments I wanted to.
Did she change her religion (if she were Hindu in India) after she came here?
Old August 17th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

The whole thing is,…. If you do not have any real patriotic sense towards the nation to do something for it ( from within ),… and
Throw trash on da road, break Traffic and other general rules,..
Use foreign products
Steal in taxes
Don't donate as per your financial capacity, whatever....
Don’t help poors or the persons in any kind of in trouble,,
Don’t practice to be a good neighbor, a good citizen ( following all rules ) and loving members of the society ( it needs a lot to earn respect, in a good way ! )
And other such basic and general things,…
..................then it does not matter
Whatever, whether you do the “ bahya-dikhava” ( bogus showman-ship ) of whether saluting the Tiranga or not, speaking vannde matarm or not,…
jataaving patriotism on social media and walk-talk,… with BS talks ( sirf, daahi-daahi baatein, e.g. which I am doing now ! ) or not,..

These all becomes just hypocrisy,…

You must have a feeling from inside to do the good for nation and must execute it,. by maan-vachan and most importantly Karma,.. n’ then and then it matters,…
but all this modern youth, has taken such things to a totally diff level,.. by jeopardizing it,..n' giving more importance to,....

Whether or not one speaks vande-mataram, bharat mata ki jai, salutes Tiranga, sings Rastra-gaan,… and stands up while playing,…yada yada,..
....which portrays simply the ( maansik aparipakvata ) insanity, and pathetic situation of that very infertile and undeveloped mind and its thought processes,… ..!!

Varna toh,.... BiG B family, jaise bhi toh Panama scandals mein arabon tax-money ghaal kar,...baad mein, sensitive voice enhanced Rastra-gaan gaa kar,... ........can get to your heart, while playing with your feelings and emotions !

Last edited by log1iszero; August 17th, 2017 at 06:11 AM.
Old August 17th, 2017, 06:03 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Did she change her religion (if she were Hindu in India) after she came here?
Nope.. quite, the opposite, in fact became vegetarian and deeply ISKCONic. I'm personally enraged as I brought doughnuts for the whole team of 17 people for India's 70th independence day (I bring sweets every year actually).

Received emails from 2 Americans in the team(non-Asian origin), thanking and wishing me.. saying so nice of you.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 17th, 2017 at 06:08 AM.
Old August 17th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nope.. quite, the opposite, in fact became vegetarian and deeply ISKCONic. I'm personally enraged as I brought doughnuts for the whole team of 17 people for India's 70th independence day (I bring sweets every year actually).

Received emails from 2 Americans in the team(non-Asian origin), thanking and wishing me.. saying so nice of you.
Hypocrisy. so she doesnt want to acknowledge Indian Independence day.
You went easy on her; which i guess is what we should do, considering its at work place.
Old August 17th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
I told this to a desi colleague lady (who got US citizenship recently) .. she says "I don't understand why Indians come to US and still show patriotism, if they are really patriotic why they come to US in the first place." to.
Because people like her support ones who have screwed India and give them power to rule India. Could be a Christian with Hindu name?
Old August 17th, 2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
Could be a Christian with Hindu name?
No she's very Hindu, I was invited once to her place for some puja thing.. she's big time into ISKCON, took 15th off for Janmashtami.. her hubby converted her into vegetarian. Now I feel like pencho this Iskcon stuff .. it's all a drama, holier than thou kinda thing.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 17th, 2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old August 17th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
No she's very Hindu, I was invited to her place for some puja thing.. she's big time into ISKCON, took 15th off for Janmashtami.. her hubby converted her into vegetarian. Now I feel like pencho this Iskcon stuff .. it's all a drama, holier than thou kinda thing.
Apparently its fashionable these days to be Vegan. Its very American. Here they charge $2 extra for food if you ask for Vegan fried rice. Its a "thing".

call her on this when you see her outside work.
Old August 17th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

The problem with Americans is,... they don't eat all diff kind of daals, and know nthg about our indian grocery diff. lentils and the the 10s of diff veg. food items making out of it, say,... daal-bhaat, toor daal, mung, math, chori, udad, poori, chapaati, diff subjiis,, iidli, dhokara, dosa, paratha, khaman, chaat, raayita, rabadi, vada, gota, khichri-kadhi, chana-poori, kheer-doodhpaak, srikhand, ras-gulla, gulab-jamun, muthiya, paatra, raas-poori,.......as they know nothing about our vast vegetarian food item varieties,..

so,.. many Americans at work says,.. they tried to be Vegan,. but then in a week,.. they felt dizzy, spinning and lack of energy,..... as if they are on hard fast,... ( by simply staying on milk, wheat-bread and vegetables ) and had to finally quit it,....

Last edited by log1iszero; August 17th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old August 17th, 2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Apparently its fashionable these days to be Vegan. Its very American. Here they charge $2 extra for food if you ask for Vegan fried rice. Its a "thing".

call her on this when you see her outside work.
I decided I'm gonna avoid her and stop helping her at work, unless I'm assigned to working on a project with her.. she's always coming to me for technical help.