eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > TV and Radio

Notices

TV and Radio Whats up with your favorite show?

Old June 8th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Do you really care what film stars say or film critics say about a film?

Over the past few years, I have noticed something which I would never have noticed. All the film stars - whether Hollywood or Bollywood - keep mouthing the same sentences and cliches. "Different..great concept... director was soo good... he is a generous person ... amazing concept... "

The same goes for Film Critics. Some are totally against any commerical cinema and brand anything masala as poor and below standards. Then some who are in bed with the producer and just give high marks to any movie.

I have stopped listening to critics long ago. Yesterday I wanted to wring the neck of the reviewer who reviewed Kaal!

See, how irritated I am. Kaal screwed me all up and today I am ranting and raving and flaming Desi24 and desichacha. Bad.. my bad.. Look what crappy threads I am staring .. Need to de-caffinate myself.. Sorry folks..
Old June 8th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you really care what film stars say or film critics say about a film?

Do you really care what film stars say or film critics say about a film?

Answer is Nope. Saale sab ke sab producer log ke bhadve hai.

Especially Desi movie's desi critics and journalists.

Thanks for saving my time from watching it. I was gonna watch it because of Devgan And that Hot Hot Item Mallaika Arora's Item song. ( yeah I know its with that Hijra SRK, but Would focus on her only. )
Old June 8th, 2005, 12:08 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

These reviews are a waste of time. In Bollywood particularly, all actors & the makers of any film just narrate monotonous remarks about their film saying it something different & a totally new idea... blah blah...

While almost every film made is a remake of some Hollywood flick, none of these people would ever mention about the so called "inspiration" of their film.
Old June 8th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future

All reviews are BS coming from crtics in Bollywood. I go by what my friends say or the reviews I get here.
Old June 8th, 2005, 01:57 PM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough

bollywood critic reports really are hit and miss.
you wonder sometimes whether the writer had actually seen the movie before writing the report.

hollywood critics are better. i do tend to read reviews generally and sometimes i miss out on a movie if the review is particularly bad.
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Junior eCharchan

chicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant futurechicha420 has a brilliant future

I'm not sure how it is now...but till about a couple of years back I used to read the film reviews in TOI by Khalid Mohammed. They used to be pretty good. This is the same guy who directed Fiza.

Then there was another guy Taran Adarsh who used to give reviews on couple of TV channels and was reasonable.
Old June 9th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't care what the film critics say.. nor do I care about what the actors say about the film. I just go by the reviews my friends give me. Although, the opinions of the critics and actors continuously play at the back of my mind. I tend to carry a prejudice about the film owing to its reviews! But eventually I judge the film myself. I mean, I don't let the reviews/opinions affect my desicion!
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Think it this way...reviews are opinions of an individual...you may agree with him or may not...
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean
Think it this way...reviews are opinions of an individual...you may agree with him or may not...
When you or someone else tells me "Sahi picture hain bidu" I will believe you. When a critic gives his review in the media more people hear about it.

You might not do a thourough job of reviewing a film and might be biased as you might not like a particular actor.

A critic is supposed to give an objective review and tell us both sides of the coin.

Anyway, I dont believe any Bollywood critic who keeps on ranting about how bad every film is. What does he expect? A Martin Scorcesse caliber film everytime

The other category I dont trust is those folks who always praise any film or generally praise films from a particular director. It clearly smells fishy! Palms have been greased.

Chalo bhai... Mahesh Bhatt ki "Zeher" dekhna mut agar Denzel Washington ki "Out of Time" dekho ho to.. Ditto copy!!
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

no ...never.....
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:14 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

trust no1 else but yourself with this cool yahoo feature http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23685

it predicted Da Vinci for me accurately!