eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old June 4th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Why do you hold the sinner responsible?

Okay this is a serious question. Please no religion bashing.

Many religions and faiths say that
nothing happens without the permission of God, The Almighty.

Not even the leaf of a tree can tremble without his consent. But if everything takes place according to His will then why is the sinner held accountable for the crime he or she has committed?

This is more of a philosophical question and not a legal one.

(Blessed will be the day when I wont have to start the post with please no religion bashing)
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Then the criminal is also punished as per His will .. what is the confusion??

Think of the world as a stage ... with God being the audience .. he wants to see some action, suspense, crime, comedy, punishment etc. Nahin to bore ho jaayega na ..
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Banned

SlyBoots is on a distinguished road
When I was in class eighth

My english teacher Mrs Gideon told our class -

I don't hate the pig , I hate it's habits

I hope i have answered the philosophical question equally philosophically .
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

BlrBoy is on a distinguished road
its nothing but cause and effect.. if you commit crime. you will face the consequences.. i dont think god plays any role in this.
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
Bible
Says

eye for an Eye blood for blood....

All the laws are based on da Biblical philosophy!!

I aint Christain but the first crime to have taken place in the christain world is the slaying of Able by Cain!!

and that was not Gods will!!
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
Hate the sin,not the sinner.
I believe in that.

But..yeah.. all rapists should be bobbitised ..
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
no way!! not bobbitized....

Thats wrong!! eye for and eye treatment would be.....

Elephant needle............Get da point?
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute
echarcha,

You who with pitfall and with Gin,
Beset the Road I was to traverse in,
Would you then - with predestination round,
Beset me and impute my fall to sin??!!

I'll try and explain ONE view of the paradox of predeterminism as stated by St. Augustine.

Consider the teora insect. It lives for a day. Consider a human observer who observes it. The human observer can understand the entire story of the teora in one day. But for the insect, that one day is equal to its lifetime - it is born, plays, marries, produces kids, withers and dies - all hopes and all despairs. That teora wonders - "this human can in a single day know about my past present and future. Do I have free will or not?"

Bring it closer to an insect that lives for just 30 mins (I forget the name). In the same vein, the past, the present and the future is ONE moment for God. He is omniscient because it is ONE moment. Yet we have crime and punishment. The error comes when we measure God according to our times-scale. Time as we know it is a property of the universe that God created and may not apply to him at all.

Consider a beam of light. U must have learnt in school that a beam is essentially timeless (time dilation of Einstien). As it moves from Alpha Cenaturi to Earth, it takes our 4.2 years. But for the photon on the beam of light, it is exactly THE SAME INSTANT. In one instant, it has seen crime and punishment and is omniscient - so the paradox of predeterminism.

I hope I have given a reasonable explanation (as provided by St Augustine) to you.

Shringarey
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Source Integrator

man u got the perfecr explanation!!
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Senior eCharchan

cool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these partscool_jazzmin is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by CyberKhiladi
no way!! not bobbitized....

Thats wrong!! eye for and eye treatment would be.....

Elephant needle............Get da point?
Nope.
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Source Integrator

jazz

y bobbitize?
Old June 4th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
I don't get hate the sin not the sinner concept. The sinner sinned, so if it wasn't for the sinner the sin would have never occured.

I agree with jazzmin about bobbitizing a rapist. Rape is the worst sin against a woman and that is the best way to punish the man!
Old June 4th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Source Integrator

naaari !! lagaam go zabaan ko lagaam do!!

he heh trying to be a sadhu!!

LOL!!

Imagine the pain sumone mite experien while being bobbitized!!
no way!!

kuch aur!! DEAth!!
Old June 4th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

Re: jazz

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberKhiladi
y bobbitize?
That will scare the shit outta others with similar inclinations and act as the ultimate deterrent!
Old June 4th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by cool_jazzmin
Hate the sin,not the sinner.

yeh kya funda haiN??